NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #615 on: <12-14-11/1746:57> »
Fun fact: Armor doesn't block the scent of concentrated pheromones from a rutting juggernaut.

snowRaven

• Newb
« Reply #616 on: <12-15-11/0503:09> »
Mechanically, Dikoting became a problem due to the much narrower definitions of damage codes.  Dikoting was cool, but it didn't provide a massive bonus in SR2/3.  Now though, a +1 to DV is huge.  It just doesn't fit as well into the current iteration of the rules, sadly.

That makes sense if there's nothing else comparable, but -- like with the original Dikote -- there is: APDS / AV rounds.  My interpretation would simply be that a) dikote adds +1 Impact only to armor with ceramic plates (i.e. you're dikoting the plating), and b) adds the 'Anti-Vehicular' characteristic (-4 AP vs. people, -6 AP vs. vehicles and barriers) to a ceramic or high-temperature metal (steel, titanium) edged melee, thrown, or projectile (as in arrows/bolts) weapon.  It cannot be added to any sort of high-speed projectile, such as firearm/gunpowder ammunition or gauss rifle ammunition; get AV rounds if you want that.

That -4/-6 is much more unbalanced than a DV +1 though!

I can see Dikote giving +1 Impact armor, and AP -1 to edged/pointed weapons. That, coupled with the inability to dikote the 'cool' stuff, like mono blades, vibro blades, memory blades, fine blades etc could be balanced enough for it to work.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #617 on: <12-15-11/0627:09> »
Mechanically, Dikoting became a problem due to the much narrower definitions of damage codes.  Dikoting was cool, but it didn't provide a massive bonus in SR2/3.  Now though, a +1 to DV is huge.  It just doesn't fit as well into the current iteration of the rules, sadly.

That makes sense if there's nothing else comparable, but -- like with the original Dikote -- there is: APDS / AV rounds.  My interpretation would simply be that a) dikote adds +1 Impact only to armor with ceramic plates (i.e. you're dikoting the plating), and b) adds the 'Anti-Vehicular' characteristic (-4 AP vs. people, -6 AP vs. vehicles and barriers) to a ceramic or high-temperature metal (steel, titanium) edged melee, thrown, or projectile (as in arrows/bolts) weapon.  It cannot be added to any sort of high-speed projectile, such as firearm/gunpowder ammunition or gauss rifle ammunition; get AV rounds if you want that.

That -4/-6 is much more unbalanced than a DV +1 though!

I can see Dikote giving +1 Impact armor, and AP -1 to edged/pointed weapons. That, coupled with the inability to dikote the 'cool' stuff, like mono blades, vibro blades, memory blades, fine blades etc could be balanced enough for it to work.

I like that idea.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #618 on: <12-15-11/1450:46> »
Jamming your firearm up with dirty powder.
Sounds like counting towards glitches on both 1s and 2s.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

« Reply #619 on: <12-15-11/1847:17> »
Fun fact:  If you duct tape a grenade to a guy's mouth, armor don't help that, either.  :P

Would the duct tape be enough to use the "grenades exploding in a confined space" rules?
Rule # 1: It's all about me!
Rule # 2: There is nothing that cannot be solved with swift and brutal violence!
Rule # 3: There is nothing that cannot be improved with chocolate!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #620 on: <12-15-11/1901:29> »
Fun fact:  If you duct tape a grenade to a guy's mouth, armor don't help that, either.  :P

Would the duct tape be enough to use the "grenades exploding in a confined space" rules?

If you use enough, yes.

My Characters

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #621 on: <12-15-11/1906:49> »

If you use enough, yes.
You have to flip down the face visor first.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #622 on: <12-15-11/1919:56> »

If you use enough, yes.

Or enclose his face in duct tape.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #623 on: <12-15-11/2000:04> »
Let's ask the guy who's currently munching on a hand grenade, what do you thing, broken face?  *Holds pin and slowly starts pulling it back and forth*  I took a file to the pin to make it come out easier.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

« Reply #624 on: <12-17-11/1100:15> »
Heh! Wouldn't it be funny if someone, as a joke, replaced said grenade with a dummy... but the pin would explode when pulled?
Rule # 1: It's all about me!
Rule # 2: There is nothing that cannot be solved with swift and brutal violence!
Rule # 3: There is nothing that cannot be improved with chocolate!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #625 on: <12-17-11/1218:42> »
Heh! Wouldn't it be funny if someone, as a joke, replaced said grenade with a dummy... but the pin would explode when pulled?
One good way to bring a big surprise to a Rave.  ;)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #626 on: <12-18-11/0636:20> »
One good way to bring a big surprise to a Rave.  ;)

but if that happens, if they glitch a blonde gets the grenade.
Living the Electronic Dream

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #627 on: <12-18-11/1057:51> »
but if that happens, if they glitch a blonde gets the grenade.
"Like, pull pin and throw!"  *Pulls pin and throws the pin, holding the grenade*  "Mr. Grenade is totally your friend right?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #628 on: <12-19-11/0248:18> »
"After you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend."
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #629 on: <12-19-11/1755:29> »

If you use enough, yes.

Or enclose his face in duct tape.

This is exactly what one of my players did when an enemy shot his contact (a street doc).  Only difference was that it was a splash grenade and they used bandages... messy, very messy...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P