NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #570 on: <12-10-11/0117:27> »
This is true.  It's gone down in (absolute) price, though its (relative) cost is still excruciatingly high.  400,000¥ + (6 x 50,000¥) = 700,000¥ total, the latter 300k over three years' time.  Be interesting; Fastjack 74(?), looking and feeling 25 ...
I've always assumed he was the guy celebrating his birthday on page 82 of Augmentation.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #571 on: <12-10-11/0157:38> »
Oh, hell.  Now we have to figure out who everyone ELSE in that photo is ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #572 on: <12-10-11/0600:03> »
It does seem to fit the timeline.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #573 on: <12-10-11/0803:50> »
Clue the rest of us in?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #574 on: <12-10-11/0946:51> »
It's a picture of a guy that looks 25 in an office birthday party. It accompanies the section of the book discussing Leonization.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #575 on: <12-10-11/0947:58> »
What, you think 'Jack can't afford a bit of Leonization? :)
This is true.  It's gone down in (absolute) price, though its (relative) cost is still excruciatingly high.  400,000¥ + (6 x 50,000¥) = 700,000¥ total, the latter 300k over three years' time.  Be interesting; Fastjack 74(?), looking and feeling 25 ...
Doesn't explain why Bull hasn't had the same (Although he's quite younger).  Also, 'Jack complains about his age quite often.

Of course, I'm 32 and have done the same damned thing since I was half that.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #576 on: <12-10-11/1220:41> »
Well, just because you Leonize doesn't mean you mentally feel any younger.  I've been doing the "Damn kids, I feel old, get off my lawn" bit since I was about 25 myself. 

As for Bull the Ork Decker, well...  He's comfortable in the skin he's got, lets just say.  I can't really see him going that route without a damn good reason. 

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #577 on: <12-10-11/1222:00> »
Well, just because you Leonize doesn't mean you mentally feel any younger.  I've been doing the "Damn kids, I feel old, get off my lawn" bit since I was about 25 myself. 

As for Bull the Ork Decker, well...  He's comfortable in the skin he's got, lets just say.  I can't really see him going that route without a damn good reason. 

Bull
That's only 'cause he Goblinized.  In "real" ork years, he'd be dead.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #578 on: <12-10-11/1622:08> »
Let me rephrase. I've tended to assume FastJack was the guy in the photo, or if not, that he's definitely had work done (I think he could deal with living in a vat for several months). That said, I didn't actually describe FastJack in that opening story of CT for a reason. Well, no one really gets described. That was all intentional.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #579 on: <12-11-11/0759:47> »
Yes, if a dragon asks nicely, it is usually a good idea to give him what he wants.

Couldn't that be considered making a deal with a dragon though?
Living the Electronic Dream

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #580 on: <12-11-11/0826:05> »

Bull

So you telling me that the only reason Leonization was invented was to keep "good old" NPCs to reappear for another 150 years, telling us how to deal with the world we are living in...confident that they are able to understand it better?  ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #581 on: <12-11-11/0826:33> »
'Deal' implies some kind of negotiation, and an attempt to get one over on the dragon, or trying to share power with a dragon. The second Treaty of Denver, bringing Lofwyr in as a Prince of Tir Tairngir, and that poor slot Dunkelzhan stripped of his SIN and worldly possessions for a week in his will are prime examples.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #582 on: <12-11-11/0917:44> »

Bull
So you telling me that the only reason Leonization was invented was to keep "good old" NPCs to reappear for another 150 years, telling us how to deal with the world we are living in...confident that they are able to understand it better?  ;)
No, just pulling Bull's datacable about him being "The Best Ork Decker You Never Met Who Was Actually Born Human".  :P

Thing is, his son was born an ork, right?  :(

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #583 on: <12-11-11/0932:01> »
The thing about Bull, his datacable might well be mono-edged  :o . . .

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #584 on: <12-11-11/0933:19> »
The thing about Bull, his datacable might well be mono-edged  :o . . .
He's old enough that it might be dikoted.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11