NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #495 on: <11-10-11/0258:51> »
I hate crossing Genre but look at Harry Potter. Neville Longbottom is a perfect example of this.   Here is a minor character who at the end of the series becomes the Hero of Hogwarts.  You see it all the time in long running series.
Living the Electronic Dream

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #496 on: <11-10-11/0317:49> »
And that's the beauty about Shadowrun. Minor character posters from 20 years ago (heh, game time or IRL printed material) that have survived during all the chaos will probably have at least a JackPoint page of paydata worth posting on one subject or the other. Of course, I don't see any of them being the 'Hero of the 6th World' but that's just a matter of setting, theme, and genre :)
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #497 on: <11-10-11/0447:35> »
I guess. I don't know anymore. This was a bad idea.

Anyway, Shadowrun generally seems apt for the line from The Dark Knight that you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. However, the world moves pretty fast, and in the SIxth World if you live long enough the revolution might come back around full circle.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #498 on: <11-10-11/0633:02> »
BAH!

Spoiler for the end of Loose Ends/I Am Legion/The Prestige serial in Street Legends. I assumed someone would have noticed this by now.

[spoiler]
Nadja Daviar knows about JackPoint.

Quote from: Street Legends, 169
It represented Rory, and she brought him closer, creating a direct link between the spy and herself, bypassing the Nadjas, the Watchers, allies at JackPoint, her connections in Argus,
[/spoiler]

Maybe this'll learn ya to read the stories.

Thomas Roxborough should almost certainly know about JackPoint. His hated ex-wife, KAM (Dr. Kristine Martin), was a guest user. I have no doubt he has people watching her 24/7.

Thomas Roxborough definitely knew about Shadowland, because he posted there at least once under the handle 'Roxy'.  Not so sure about JackPoint, because yes, he likely has people on KAM's arse and she has posted on JP.  That doesn't mean he has the computer nous to hack in though,  but knowing about it is probable.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #499 on: <11-10-11/0753:20> »
What do you mean "Heh?" above? o.O' (must be missing something)

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=3216.msg85661#msg85661

I did a post that just said "Heh.".  In part, because I now know the lead contender for Anonymous.  As well as why they started posting. 

Can't say anything, of course, cause Jason has FASA's old GamePolice on retainer, however.

Bull
Interesting use of plural there, Bull...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #500 on: <11-10-11/1252:35> »
Interesting use of plural there, Bull...

'They' is acceptable-use singular of you are specifically not identifying an individual by name or gender.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #501 on: <11-10-11/1256:32> »
I'm a bad, bad English Major, in that I will use "they" as a neutral pronoun sometimes. 

*shrug*

Like I said, don't read too much into anything I post regarding this.  (Of course, you monkeys will anyway :)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #502 on: <11-10-11/1304:08> »
We really need a gender neutral pronoun.  And, I mean, it's not like English is a "Cast Iron" language where you need to combine fifty words together to name something new, like German.  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #503 on: <11-10-11/1358:16> »
We really need a gender neutral pronoun.  And, I mean, it's not like English is a "Cast Iron" language where you need to combine fifty words together to name something new, like German.  ;)

Better than saying "I am a donut."

:P
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #504 on: <11-10-11/1410:05> »
I'm a bad, bad English Major, in that I will use "they" as a neutral pronoun sometimes. 

*shrug*

Like I said, don't read too much into anything I post regarding this.  (Of course, you monkeys will anyway :)

Bull
Monkeys, eh? So, you're saying that A. Nonymous is some kind of super-intelligent marmoset or a new techno-spider monkey??

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #505 on: <11-10-11/1445:07> »
And I was about to post something off the cuff about it being some kind of Spambot.

And then I twitched when I realized that, with the blast of AI into the Matrix, it's entirely possible that there *is* a sentient Spambot AI out there now.

And now I have horrible, horrible ideas about runners being hired by an AI Johnson, going on a mission, and being rewarded by having their Commlinks filled with penis enlargement and discount drug spamverts.

And then I want it to be named "Captcha-if-You-Can".

I think I might have just broke something.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #506 on: <11-10-11/1506:00> »
The mind of some future players perhaps?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #507 on: <11-10-11/1705:39> »

We already have one. "It". ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #508 on: <11-10-11/1713:27> »

We could always restore the Middle English "ou".

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #509 on: <11-10-11/1717:44> »
Monkeys, eh? So, you're saying that A. Nonymous is some kind of super-intelligent marmoset or a new techno-spider monkey??
Wait...  NetCat has a Techno-Kitty for a pet.

Damn, Slamm-0! really is domesticated!  House, wife, kid, pet...
See how well that works when you're dealing with Transsexuals.

Here's a hint, when you're in the gutter looking for your teeth, don't forget I told you so.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11