NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #420 on: <11-04-11/1304:49> »
I'm sure there's more than one "Man Of The Cloth" in the Shadows that doesn't have a SIN.  :P
Great. Now I'm picturing Plan 9 officiating at the nuptials.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #421 on: <11-04-11/1309:17> »
THAT is a ceremony I'd pay to see.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #422 on: <11-04-11/1558:39> »
I'm sure there's more than one "Man Of The Cloth" in the Shadows that doesn't have a SIN.  :P
I could see Kane doing it.  ;D

"You wanna be hitched?"  "Yes."  "You wanna be hitched?"  "Yes."  "Good.  Kiss.  Where's the booze?"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #423 on: <11-04-11/1610:11> »
I could see Kane doing it.  ;D

"You wanna be hitched?"  "Yes."  "You wanna be hitched?"  "Yes."  "Good.  Kiss.  Where's the booze?"

Or maybe...

"Do you?"  " Yes!"  "Do you?"  "Yes!"  "I now pronounce you--"  "WAIT..."  "It's Dunklezahn!  Back from the Dead!"
Living the Electronic Dream

wizard_of_ozzy

• Newb
« Reply #424 on: <11-06-11/1937:44> »
Ok so wait...wait. I haven't read any of the novels so let me try to wrap my brain around the Big D parts. Dragon commits suicide, his ghost possess a cyberzombie that is now standing on the edge of astral space waiting for alien demon spirit things to show their faces so he can kick their ass? Isn't that stretching a bit into CthuluTech H.P Lovecraft territory?

Duh, CthuluTech came after Shadowrun. Egg on my face.

Back on topic.

So the idea that it's Netcat's baby is kinda weird. It's a baby so it doesn't know how to read or write, so it can't be him/her responding to the posts. Unless it's Deus possessing the baby. Or someone using the baby as some sort of living anonymizer? I suppose it's possible, depending on how many months pregnant Netcat was when the anonymous poster first appeared.

Personally I hope it's someone new, someone that just wants to eff up FastJack's life. Something simple, since I don't like big conspiracy theories. I may be alone in this but I hope it's a kid FastJack never knew he had. And now he seeks vengeance! But maybe I've just been watching too many soap opera's lately. A technomancer seems the most likely culprit, someone that knows how to use their powers to their fullest without actually knowing the ins-and-outs of a commlink itself. And FastJack already popped out one VK so who knows?

And if it turns out to be Dracula like Charybdis suggested then I'd be happy to no end.
« Last Edit: <11-06-11/2028:31> by wizard_of_ozzy »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #425 on: <11-06-11/2204:28> »
The Horrors are H.P. Lovecraft on Hallucinogenics.  So it's not so strange to have Dunkie do such a thing.

As for the Spawn of Slamm-0! being the poster, I was mostly joking when suggesting that.  (S)He's very immature for such a thing.  More likely to do fingerpainting all over the background.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #426 on: <11-07-11/0110:59> »
Leading contenders are, IIRC, Captain Chaos (Which I always pronounce in the old 'Captain Caveman' voice), Alice (Alice Haeffner), one of the known AIs, Pyramid Watcher, or ... crud. SOmeone whose name I just blanked on. Grid Reaper? No...

Ackl.

At any rate, I have a guess (Not a theory, mind, just a guess!) which 've passed on, but won't chat about in case I'm right.

I will go ahead, however, and ask who the crowd would rate as the top, say, ten known Deckers.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #427 on: <11-07-11/0521:25> »
It's a baby so it doesn't know how to read or write, so it can't be him/her responding to the posts.
Keep in mind that the format we see and the posters see are two very different ones. Hell, thanks to text to speech and heavy use of iconography a large part of the SR population is functionally illiterate. Basically, shadowland and jackpoint are more like virtual speakeasies where vr personas gather and mingle. On that note, i do wonder what appearance the persona of our mystery guest takes on. The featureless humanoid perhaps?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #428 on: <11-07-11/0531:02> »
The Horrors are H.P. Lovecraft on Hallucinogenics.  So it's not so strange to have Dunkie do such a thing.

As for the Spawn of Slamm-0! being the poster, I was mostly joking when suggesting that.  (S)He's very immature for such a thing.  More likely to do fingerpainting all over the background.
unless we are seeing the digital equivalent of a pre-born...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #429 on: <11-07-11/0629:27> »
And what abou Nadia Daviar? She may have this kind of insight, and she has not been heard about since crash IMO...makes me wander of two possible things...she became ghost in the machine, or she emerged...and since there is no body (or nothing is nown about its location), Id vote for second option...
Appearing on jackpoint may be good way to influence chain of events to whatever the result is demanded...

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #430 on: <11-07-11/0637:33> »
She seems to have walked in the door at the draco foundation recently...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #431 on: <11-07-11/0653:16> »
She seems to have walked in the door at the draco foundation recently...

REALLY? What source if I may ask, real NEW for me...

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #432 on: <11-07-11/0717:15> »
Street Legends, I guess. Also, she couldn't emerge, since she is an adept.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #433 on: <11-07-11/0819:09> »
Street Legends, I guess. Also, she couldn't emerge, since she is an adept.

I lack any more datailed info on her, even the fasct she was adept is new for me...IDN now i maybe recall something from Portfolio or Dragons of the 6th world but Im not sure at all. Strret legends Ive bought...Id better read it. I thought it may had been in Artifacts: Unbound, since Im running second artifacts adventure with my players this evenoing (at least the start of it) I also didnt had aenought time to read it all..

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #434 on: <11-07-11/0820:29> »
Leading contenders are, IIRC, Captain Chaos (Which I always pronounce in the old 'Captain Caveman' voice), Alice (Alice Haeffner), one of the known AIs, Pyramid Watcher, or ... crud. SOmeone whose name I just blanked on. Grid Reaper? No...

Ackl.

At any rate, I have a guess (Not a theory, mind, just a guess!) which 've passed on, but won't chat about in case I'm right.

I will go ahead, however, and ask who the crowd would rate as the top, say, ten known Deckers.
It is most definitely NOT Captain Chaos (no matter how much I begged and pleaded for it to be him...)