NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #405 on: <11-03-11/1334:30> »
What's FastJack (No, not you, the other one!) going to do?  Go out, do a 8-8/6 day a week job as a Spider?
Who says he isn't already? ;)

Well, running Jackpoint is not a paid job IMO...unless there is some kind of donor that remains hidden, someone Anonymous ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #406 on: <11-03-11/1412:20> »
Or FastJack (You know which one I'm talking about!) listened to the Chrome Accountant and is on a neighboring island with many beautiful people...  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #407 on: <11-03-11/1505:05> »
The rule is that you don't track anyone THROUGH Jackpoint. You find another way to track them down, that's fine, as evidenced by the time Netcat hacked Slam-O!'s system and broadcast trid of him dancing in his undies to all of Jackpoint.
huh?

In Emergence Slamm-0 used Jackpoint to send TM Hunters after Netcat.  She retaliated.
Living the Electronic Dream

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <11-03-11/1506:48> »
Or FastJack (You know which one I'm talking about!) listened to the Chrome Accountant and is on a neighboring island with many beautiful people...  ;D

Chrome Accountant...well...we all should listen to his advices :)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #409 on: <11-03-11/1534:42> »
In Emergence Slamm-0 used Jackpoint to send TM Hunters after Netcat.  She retaliated.
That was Clockwork who sold Netcat out.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #410 on: <11-03-11/1542:50> »
And he didn't use Jackpoint. He tracked her outside of the network.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #411 on: <11-03-11/1545:30> »
And he didn't use Jackpoint. He tracked her outside of the network.

I stand corrected, now I'm just as lost though.
Living the Electronic Dream

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #412 on: <11-03-11/1828:36> »
In Vice, Netcat posted the following:

Quote from: Vice, pg 172
To: Fianchetto
Missed One Dangerous Criminal, Fianchetto:
Slamm-0!
Background: I would describe to you some of the many cases that Slamm-0! has supposedly done, but all I found are bots and malware doing the work, and him taking the credit. I can’t even call him a data pirate, as he shops at file sharing nodes like GamersUnite!
Modus Operandi: I couldn’t find his handiwork in a mysterious slippage of odds at Grid 19 for a football game that worked out in his favor. Nor could I find any truth to the rumored cartoonish display hack on MCT’s OS software a few years ago. And I definitely could find nothing about the recent run on Ares, where someone rode a lab rat’s secret online love notes to an undisclosed lab location and pulled out a pair of SOTA autosoft specs that are so advanced they might have come from aliens.
Psych Profile: Childish and arrogant with a God complex.
Description: He’s a young, ill-tempered, wannabe hacker who thinks he’s a hot shit knowledge master on so many subjects, but we all know it’s bullshit. Slamm-0! just sits around in his apartment in his boxers watching live-action anime [Photos from his Cleaning Drone]. And no FastJack, I didn’t trace him from JackPoint.
Known Aliases: I think it took him about five years to come up with the Slamm-0! alias, so we can’t expect a new one from him for a while.
Known Associates/Connections: Can’t find anyone who would say that they have worked with Slamm-0!
Last Known Location: JackPoint
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #413 on: <11-03-11/2143:25> »
You'd think they were married already.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #414 on: <11-03-11/2326:24> »
First comes Roomba spying, then comes U-Dub drone hockey, then comes Eye of the Needle footsie leading to the need for a baby carriage.  ::)
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #415 on: <11-03-11/2329:06> »
Wonder if they sent a 'trid recording to FastJack as he asked.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #416 on: <11-04-11/0520:15> »

Exactly what I thought when I read that...tohose women. They just cannot say things straight, no matter how resonant they are :)

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #417 on: <11-04-11/0716:30> »
I think he let in Plan 9 for laughs, and /dev/grrl...  ...  ...  OK, I'm clueless here.

Both are easy, though the gamer in us doesn't always see it.

If reading Shadowland postings for the last 20 years has taught us ANYTHING, it's to never dismiss the really crazy posters.  Sure, a lot of it's drek.  but if you ignore all of it, you might miss the next Bug invasion.  Or Dragon assasination.  Hell, even though no one believed it, Lone Gunman posted the truth about the Immortal Elves, and I bet Fastjack knows this.  You let in a couple folks like Plan 9 because when you filter through all the crazy, there's some kernals of truth there that can be VERY valuable.

As for Dev/grrl/...  She's the next generation of 'Runner.  Some day, she's going to be running Jackpoint, and 'Jack is smart enough to know it.

And of course as writers, both are incredibly valuable.  Plan 9 serves as our "truthsayer", the guy who can reveal the deep dark secrets to the reader, but gets dismissed as a nutjob by the other characters in the fiction.  And dev/grrl/ serves as our newbie, our reader stand in.  She's the one that can ask the stupid questions to let the other characters give more exposition without sounding like they're just giving a lecture.

We've always had these cahracters, by one name or another, and we always need them.  Both in the fiction, and out of it.

As for A. Nonymous...  Yeah, I wanna know who the hell he is too :)

Bull

That's some good insight there, Bull.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #418 on: <11-04-11/1152:10> »
That would produce a record somewhere, as marriage is basically a declaration of who can legally inherit either party of the union (not that one party had much in terms of inheritance for much of recorded history). It is one very convoluted social institution...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #419 on: <11-04-11/1200:12> »
I'm sure there's more than one "Man Of The Cloth" in the Shadows that doesn't have a SIN.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11