NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #390 on: <11-01-11/2211:12> »
I would love to see Harlequin on Jackpoint. Or new adventures with him.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #391 on: <11-01-11/2255:36> »
I think everyone here wants to see more of Harley.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #392 on: <11-02-11/0238:57> »
Not with Bull around.
Even with Bull around. I mean, Clockwork and Netcat are both still on. Pistons and Haze. Ma'Fan and Mika. Etc, etc, etc.
Absolutely.  It isn't 'The Bullring'; it's Jackpoint.  The opinion that matters is Fastjack's, and Jackpoint is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship.  For all that Bull the Character is becoming a Big Man in Seattle, and Bull the Player/Writer is a Significant Individual in the direction of the game universe, certain things will still evolve, personal preferences notwithstanding.

Until Bull buys the company, of course.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #393 on: <11-02-11/0858:34> »
Benevolent Dictatorship?  And here I was thinking FastJack was the last of the Neo-@s.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #394 on: <11-02-11/1832:55> »
Which means that he'll listen to the majority's opinion, but since it's his place, his own judgement -- and his sense of rightness and of what Jackpoint needs -- outweighs everyone.  Witness the continuing presence of both Netcat (right?  the technomancer?) and the guy who tried to turn her in.  (Gahh, so bad with names ...)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #395 on: <11-02-11/1846:42> »
You're thinking of Clockwork. And yes, the fact that they are both on the site, despite the fact that Clockwork is almost rabidly anti-emerged is a testament to Fastjack allowing things to play out. Or with Haze still being around. Or letting in people like Plan 9 and /dev/grrl.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #396 on: <11-02-11/2103:42> »
I think he let in Plan 9 for laughs, and /dev/grrl...  ...  ...  OK, I'm clueless here.  But probably she reminds him of a really young him, and needs a lot of guidance considering her Corporate Blinders.

As for Clockwork, officially that was a "Did not break the rules of JackPoint" thing.  I think he added a "Don't track other members of JackPoint" to the rules afterwards.  Probably waited until a few people were able to Punch The Clock while off the clock, if you catch my meaning.  ;)

There's also an unofficial rule that if two 'runners shack up because of JackPoint, they should send a lonely old man pictures or a 'trid.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #397 on: <11-02-11/2126:42> »
The rule is that you don't track anyone THROUGH Jackpoint. You find another way to track them down, that's fine, as evidenced by the time Netcat hacked Slam-O!'s system and broadcast trid of him dancing in his undies to all of Jackpoint.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #398 on: <11-02-11/2254:23> »
Jumping in with a few comments :

1)  Events and storylines from novels are canon.  Smaller, specific details from them may not be (The dwarf who goblinized in Shadowboxer, for example).  Also, NEVER try and interpret game rules from the novels.  Just the way it works.

2)  Wolf was, effectively, a combination Physical Adept and Shaman.  Stackpoles stories were written while the game was still being worked on and defined.  To my mind, Wolf is what I've long called a Shamanic Adept, a Phys Ad that follows a totem, and manifests a "Mask" when he activates his adept powers.  One of these days, I'll get around to writing rules for this up (Or talk Rusty into it, since he's such a big Adept fan)

3)  Bull the Ork Decker has a major beef with Harley.  but lets face it, at the end of the day, the worst Bull can do to the elf is ruin his credit rating.  Bull knows Harley is very powerful and can do magic that most mages can't do, but doesn't really know anything about his immortal status.  Sure, Bull might catch Harley by surprise, but if the Immortal Elves don't have a crapload of anchored spells on them to protect themselves, they'd have been killed off long ago.  And an Anchored Force 20 Barrier with a "Detect Bullet" type spell attached to it will stop even Bull's beloved PAC.

Bull the Writer, on the other hand, loves to hate Harley, and would hate it if he was really dead.  I love to hate the little blighter.  though if Harley started posting to Jackpoint, I bet Slamm-0! would love it, since it would redirect the ork a little, and he wouldn't get picked on so much :) (I don't know, I find it so much fun to have Bull and Slammy sniping at each other.  I'm hoping one of these days that we'll find a place for Slamm-0! to get revenge on Bull for dumpshocking his ass in Street Legends :))

Bull

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #399 on: <11-02-11/2300:43> »
I think he let in Plan 9 for laughs, and /dev/grrl...  ...  ...  OK, I'm clueless here.

Both are easy, though the gamer in us doesn't always see it.

If reading Shadowland postings for the last 20 years has taught us ANYTHING, it's to never dismiss the really crazy posters.  Sure, a lot of it's drek.  but if you ignore all of it, you might miss the next Bug invasion.  Or Dragon assasination.  Hell, even though no one believed it, Lone Gunman posted the truth about the Immortal Elves, and I bet Fastjack knows this.  You let in a couple folks like Plan 9 because when you filter through all the crazy, there's some kernals of truth there that can be VERY valuable.

As for Dev/grrl/...  She's the next generation of 'Runner.  Some day, she's going to be running Jackpoint, and 'Jack is smart enough to know it.

And of course as writers, both are incredibly valuable.  Plan 9 serves as our "truthsayer", the guy who can reveal the deep dark secrets to the reader, but gets dismissed as a nutjob by the other characters in the fiction.  And dev/grrl/ serves as our newbie, our reader stand in.  She's the one that can ask the stupid questions to let the other characters give more exposition without sounding like they're just giving a lecture.

We've always had these cahracters, by one name or another, and we always need them.  Both in the fiction, and out of it.

As for A. Nonymous...  Yeah, I wanna know who the hell he is too :)

Bull

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #400 on: <11-03-11/0418:46> »
As for Dev/grrl/...  She's the next generation of 'Runner.  Some day, she's going to be running Jackpoint, and 'Jack is smart enough to know it.

Only if she lives to taht day. Runners die...quite often...and Shadows wont be such a dangerous and paranoid place as they are, if if this danger applies only for PC`s...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #401 on: <11-03-11/0805:09> »
Pfft... Leonization means 'Jack will be around a long, long time. That is, until he gets sick of the shadows and wants to come into the light. But I don't think that will happen. ;)
We've always had these cahracters, by one name or another, and we always need them.  Both in the fiction, and out of it.
I still want to know what happened to Bung and GnuB.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #402 on: <11-03-11/1127:09> »
What's FastJack (No, not you, the other one!) going to do?  Go out, do a 8-8/6 day a week job as a Spider?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #403 on: <11-03-11/1241:38> »
What's FastJack (No, not you, the other one!) going to do?  Go out, do a 8-8/6 day a week job as a Spider?
Who says he isn't already? ;)

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #404 on: <11-03-11/1247:42> »
The rule is that you don't track anyone THROUGH Jackpoint. You find another way to track them down, that's fine, as evidenced by the time Netcat hacked Slam-O!'s system and broadcast trid of him dancing in his undies to all of Jackpoint.
huh?
Want to see my flash new jacket?