NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #375 on: <10-31-11/1549:46> »
Artifacts Unbound, page 36. Anonymous poster updates the victims count of the Phaistos Killer. "The Phaistos Killer" adventure is set in Denver, which may imply the anonymous poster is will informed on events as they happen in Denver (like, having contacts in the Denver law enforcement agencies).

Or they're on The Denver Nexus... Could it be Fastjack's girl?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #376 on: <10-31-11/1600:58> »
Or perhaps some fragment of Mirage shacked up in some corner of the Nexus nexi?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #377 on: <10-31-11/1634:56> »
Or Deus could still be around.

Or perhaps it is Harlequin?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #378 on: <10-31-11/1655:23> »
Or Deus could still be around.

Please, dont say things like this. We have enought actual and future threats, why reviving this old enemy ;p
(Means: Dont say its name so loud it should be listening!!!)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <10-31-11/1717:47> »
But it would be kindof cool to see Deus back. I miss the guy. All he wanted was to get away from the people who had a sword hanging over his head (metaphorically speaking), and managed to escape using the materials he had at hand. And then one of those materials tries to kill him as part of a doomsday plot.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #380 on: <10-31-11/1737:25> »
But it would be kindof cool to see Deus back. I miss the guy. All he wanted was to get away from the people who had a sword hanging over his head (metaphorically speaking), and managed to escape using the materials he had at hand. And then one of those materials tries to kill him as part of a doomsday plot.

Also he wants to "augment" humanity, true. We should pray for his return...stange..in English Ive almost confused "Pray" for "Prey"...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #381 on: <10-31-11/1920:02> »
Well, I dunno. My read of the shutdown fiasco, and what came after, was that it was Deus trying to find a way to smuggle himself out of Renraku whatever way he could. Then, he tried to make himself a god of the matrix by absorbing the Novatech IPO.

I would just like him to show up again, since it would throw a nice twist at my street samurai who was one of the Banded.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #382 on: <10-31-11/2014:49> »
Deus knew he had hardware he was locked into.  He knew he would continue to need 'hardware', at least for as long as it took him to recompile and fully change from a single-site AI to a distributed-processing AI.  The brain linkage tests in the Arcology were experiments to discover if human brains were capable of being reprogrammed at a sophisticated enough level to carry his decompiled code and, with sufficient numbers of them linked online, to reassemble him outside his prison cell -- the Arcology.

All of the other experiments -- armoring people up, making them quicker, etc. etc., and having the Blues use them for target practice -- were to ensure those brains' survivability.  Remember that after every 'test firing' (i.e. Blues target practice), the shot-up victims were tested for brain functionality, and compared against their previous levels ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #383 on: <10-31-11/2020:41> »
Exactly. Deus didn't do all that for kicks, or out of some idea of creating metahuman drones or cybermen. He did it to try and escape the Arcology, in part because someone put a killswitch on his hardware, and when he got to be aware, Deus decided he didn't like having a gun to his head.

People focus on WHAT Deus did, but forget about WHY he did it. Much like the situation with Puck. An intelligent being, in a bad situation, will grasp at any straw to try and pull themselves out.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #384 on: <10-31-11/2023:01> »
well IMO it was only a question of time before he find out, that with enought people connected to network, he can simply exist without hardware...using just reprogramed bio-computers we are born with, usin its whole capacity. This wetware would be cheaper, safer and more effective than any hardware possible built.
I am Deus, and we are many
...evryone else would be eliminated, reproduction cycle would be strictly controlled and potential malfunctions avoided before birth. bright and smart future for humanity...Omega point.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #385 on: <10-31-11/2249:23> »
... I wanted to say something really mean, but my rep can't take the five-point hit that'd result.

Sorry, Sichr, but -- what?!?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #386 on: <11-01-11/0403:25> »
 ;D
Don`t wory about a rep score, Im not the simitting guy, because I know that there are truths others than mine. Just be honest ;)

I`m talkink about possible scenario and the reason I would be very unhappy if Deus is reborn again.
If it finds a way to survive in human brainz, Deus may find out that he don`t need to return to the hardware once it is out of arcology. It has milions of possible carriers outthere just waiting to be "reprogrammed"... Hell it even choses the name DEUS. Thinking that it would possibly leave metahumanity live in peace is...naive?

And for justification of Deus motives...yes, that argument is really valid. For example Hitler also wanted the world to be a bettter place, with no Jews, Slavs...everybody should be equal in his mind...Ein reich, Ein volk, Ein fuhrer...so his motives make him such a nice guy...he should have been born with such a gun pointed to his brain and the world really wold be a better place...without him. But that`s the history...

And for that Omega point reference...datasearch begins here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teilhard_de_Chardin

:)
Good morning everyone

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #387 on: <11-01-11/1757:17> »
Or perhaps it is Harlequin?
No need for such trickery from him, as i suspect he could get a invite from Fastjack at any time. This especially as Frosty is already present.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #388 on: <11-01-11/1954:48> »
Not with Bull around.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #389 on: <11-01-11/2151:43> »
Not with Bull around.
Even with Bull around. I mean, Clockwork and Netcat are both still on. Pistons and Haze. Ma'Fan and Mika. Etc, etc, etc.