NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #315 on: <09-30-11/2104:37> »
Irony from someone who've been working for years for a corp who was #1 in corporate advertising before Horizon arrived ?

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #316 on: <09-30-11/2239:12> »
If it was from Aztechnology why was the first contact with anonymous a recruitment pm to Sunshine's account in Corporate Guide. It was traced back to an office at Horizon by Fastjack and Netcat.
Andrew Grim

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #317 on: <10-01-11/0017:56> »
With the right hack, you can make it trace back to Damien Knight's office.

Gah.

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw you posted. Anyway, that is a very good point.

Ah, infamy.

I'd originally wanted to post 'Maybe it's me', but I thought that might be a bit over the top ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #318 on: <10-01-11/0519:32> »
If it was from Aztechnology why was the first contact with anonymous a recruitment pm to Sunshine's account in Corporate Guide. It was traced back to an office at Horizon by Fastjack and Netcat.
Isn't the message Fastjack, Netcat and (Orbital/Smiling?) Bandit track back to Horizon offices in Los Angeles in Corporate Guide the message about the Consensus, page 103?

But anyway, "It's Horizon!" can also adequately explain anything in the Fourth Edition.
« Last Edit: <10-01-11/0531:59> by Nath »

Ryu

• Newb
« Reply #319 on: <10-02-11/0642:31> »
Unless it's been clearly and definitively stated that it's someone with regular posts in previous books -- someone in, say, the first 20 pages of Fastjack's Shadowland/Jackpoint Posters pdf -- then I think most bets are going to be off.  It could easily be an unrevealed character in the game world, someone who knows a lot about a lot of things but who has only posted very rarely until recently.  Consider the knowledge base:

• CAS vehicle use
  • Aztlan politics
  • Cartel info and sources (i.e. crime)
  • Media pirates
  • Denver politics
  • Great Dragons (very much so) and their minions
I have a minor doubt about it being a techie, though it's still possible; note the comment about an optic system having a magnetic field.  This is someone who has a very wide range of interests and an information pipeline with many intakes.  If he, she, or it posted in pre-4th Shadowland, then it was probably across a lot of books, though most of the information above lies primarily on the social range.

Me, I'd look for posters who spoke primarily in the sourcebooks on Aztlan, Denver, and Dragons of the Sixth World.  Maybe Shadowbeat, too ...

Or maybe it's being held for a character of a new writer, so that their 'old codger' poster can come out of the woodwork.
I agree, that plot hook can fit a great many candidates. I wouldn´t look amongst known posters, myself. The stuff posted hardly justifies a change of username.

[spoiler]
Regarding Roger Soaring Owl, the guy became a "high paid military advisor" to the Sioux Nation in Corp Guide. Denver-based, maybe?[/spoiler]

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #320 on: <10-02-11/2138:33> »
I agree, that plot hook can fit a great many candidates. I wouldn´t look amongst known posters, myself. The stuff posted hardly justifies a change of username.

It isn't a matter of changing your username; Jackpoint recognizes X, Y, and Z, and perhaps has a default to anyone who hacks in.  It isn't likely that someone's going to manage that level of hack, but the software requires a 'guest user name' sort of thing, therefore A. Nonymous.  Someone's hacked Jack, not once but several times; like I said, tough job, and you're looking at/for someone who has a lot of experience on the decker side of the coin.  Me, I'd guess a serious decker type, though perhaps not one who knows a lot about the hardware side.

Which seems silly ...

[spoiler]
Regarding Roger Soaring Owl, the guy became a "high paid military advisor" to the Sioux Nation in Corp Guide. Denver-based, maybe?
Doesn't seem likely to me; not enough draco knowledge.
[/spoiler]
Pananagutan & End/Line

Ryu

• Newb
« Reply #321 on: <10-03-11/0334:07> »
The silliness is why I guess it´s someone who outsources their hacking jobs. A lot of stuff can be explained by access to an intelligence network. Who cares a ton about Hestaby?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #322 on: <10-04-11/0111:33> »
Considering the influence Great Dragons can wield, and that she's actually openly amassing?  Everyone should.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #323 on: <10-04-11/1122:04> »
Considering the influence Great Dragons can wield, and that she's actually openly amassing?  Everyone should.
QFT.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #324 on: <10-04-11/1324:07> »
QFT.

QFT??

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #325 on: <10-04-11/1409:46> »
QFT = Quoted For Truth
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #326 on: <10-04-11/1557:51> »
QFT == Quoted For Truth, an indication that I wholeheartedly agree with the quoted text and, in this case at least, the author thereof.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <10-05-11/0448:11> »
QFT == Quoted For Truth, an indication that I wholeheartedly agree with the quoted text and, in this case at least, the author thereof.

Then why is my rep only a +9?   :P ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #328 on: <10-05-11/1012:13> »
Then why is my rep only a +9?   :P ;)
Just lucky, I guess. :D

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #329 on: <10-05-11/1104:25> »

Quote from: Spy Games, p. 136
Great dragons and their ilk have yet to accept that the world moves faster than them, and it has no regard for their plans. They may think long-term, but humans are unpredictable and a bit crazy. We’ve also been playing this game for millennia without end.

Anyone else marked the word "WE" in the last sentence? Wasnt there an imortal who was an inventor and such (I recall something about Leonardo IMO)

And if he is able to hack FastJack...well IDN where this cames from, this might be an interresting coincidence? Also I`ve heard about some Pixie hacker...