NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <06-08-11/1702:51> »
Why is there Dissonance in the Matrix anymore? The Dissonants won when they caused Crash 2.0.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #121 on: <06-08-11/1813:32> »
Much like stories regarding gods and such in other games, and much of what's posted in Shadowland/Jackpoint comments, you have to take the story with a grain of salt. It's been a while since I last read Clockwork Asylum, but I think I recall most of it being "as XXXX tells it" type of story.
The version of the story I gave is the one Roxborough gives to Alice near the end of the book, when begging for his life. Before that, there are several other versions given by Roxborough and Alice. You can sum them up to two different stories, one with Acquisitech/Roxborough responsible, the other with Dunkelzahn/Gossamer Threads.

The only hard fact, as far as book goes, is that Damien Knight was David Gavilan and worked at Acquisition Technologies (with Lucien Cross) at some point. That piece of information is in Blood in the boardroom Game Information, page 57.

Even with the whole unreliable narator and stuff

I'm pretty convinced Jak Koke and Mike Mulvihill intended it to be the actual truth.
« Last Edit: <08-13-11/0605:27> by Nath »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #122 on: <06-08-11/1835:30> »
Interesting so our A. Nonymous maybe a Ghost in the trix back to wreck havoc.  The only thing is why would he/she/it care about pirated stuff?
They used to work for the RIAA?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #123 on: <06-08-11/1935:32> »
Interesting so our A. Nonymous maybe a Ghost in the trix back to wreck havoc.  The only thing is why would he/she/it care about pirated stuff?
They used to work for the RIAA?
*shudders*
don't even joke about them <.<
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <06-08-11/2057:43> »

Fear of Pirated Ghosts?

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #125 on: <06-08-11/2233:49> »
Why is there Dissonance in the Matrix anymore? The Dissonants won when they caused Crash 2.0.
Uh?  Isn't there still a Matrix?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #126 on: <06-08-11/2305:11> »
The Matrix is Dead, Long Live The New Matrix!

The hardwired Matrix died, so the Dissonants did, indeed, "Win".  There are only parts of it still intact due to the actions of their owners (The Denver Data Haven and S-K Lines in Germany are the major areas that weren't killed.).  However, in doing so, the new Wireless Matrix (Internet 3.0?) was created making it even more powerful and prevalent then ever before.

As I've said time and again:  "There are no endings, only new beginnings."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <06-09-11/0812:24> »
strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <06-09-11/1734:44> »
Well, save for the last two posts from Spy Games, I'm backing away from the Alice link...unless Alice is working for Horizon. The reference to a Dawkings Group report in one of the Spy Games' quotes and the quote from Attitude (at work, will amend later) from another runner talking about how there's "someone posing as one of us who has access to new media and new shiny programs" (to paraphrase) is making me lean heavily towards Horizon; hired hacker employee, regular employee, or even Horizon AI...that's my leaning at this point (which is further lean-ed with the added meta-data of new (hehe) Horizon adventures coming soon).

Edit:

Attitude pg 113
>There's a guy we don't have a name for running around the 'Trix, pretending to be one of us. By all accounts, he must be, or must ahve been a good hacker to get thte stuff he has. He's got beautiful high-quality bootlegs of all kinds of media and programs. I mean, stuff that looks untouched. Which means, of course, that this guy was too good to be true. I know at least three guys who had made deals to distribute his stuff, and who had bought his shit, and before they could hit the black-market with them, turned up brain-fried in their homes. What's even weirder, one of them wasn't DNI. We still don't know what happened to his brain.
>Hannibelle
« Last Edit: <06-09-11/2349:06> by Fizzygoo »
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #129 on: <06-09-11/1741:16> »
 There's always the possibility that it could be someone we've never heard of before.

But from the pre-existing characters, I'm not sure who would even come close to fitting the "computer" comment.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #130 on: <06-09-11/1842:34> »
Walt Disney's Unfrozen Brain Wired Directly To The Matrix?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #131 on: <06-09-11/2016:57> »
strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine
Hah hah hah, awesome.  +1
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #132 on: <06-10-11/0703:56> »
*bows* =^.^=

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #133 on: <06-10-11/1414:35> »
I just had another thought.

What if that whole anti-piracy rant was just a ruse to throw off who it acually is?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #134 on: <06-10-11/1444:45> »
I just had another thought.

What if that whole anti-piracy rant was just a ruse to throw off who it acually is?
You could use that statement to anything The Shadowtalker With No Name says.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11