SIR Pratchett, thankyouverymuch.  ;)

And it uses a Hex-Based Processor.  ;)  Perfect for the magically inclined.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #737 on: <01-18-12/0246:12> »
What, Queen Caroline dubbed the company itself a knight?  That's a new height for a corporation in England.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #738 on: <01-18-12/0252:41> »
What, Queen Caroline dubbed the company itself a knight?  That's a new height for a corporation in England.
It's a Crown Corporation, it carried the title from the person it was named after.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #739 on: <01-18-12/0412:10> »
Just went back and read the initial post of this thread, and also the Slamm-0! and Netcat's kid thread.

Interesting that our A Nonymous has had not one word to say on the subject of technomancers.  Or is there something I've missed?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #740 on: <01-18-12/0446:11> »
Might be part of that Policy agreement between Consensus and Digital inteligencies I mentioned before...

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #741 on: <01-20-12/0532:04> »
While all Horizon employees feed data to the consensus, and sometimes participate in consensus initiated votes on some decision or other, i have the impression that it seems to be a distinct entity or group. There is also the opening fiction in Conspiracy Theory to consider, where Fastjack laments about overlooking the human element. Now if that is a reference to the consensus or the analyst that brings jackpoint to their attention, i am not 100% sure.
I'd say that the human element in this case is NOT the Consensus. The Consensus is described as a massive social network dynamic model, updated constantly by the data input by Horizon citizens. There may be (probably are) multiple AIs and human system techs who manage the data, and certainly the hardware that supports it, but the Consensus is the actual model, which predicts the responses of Horizon employees to any given situation.
That would be the official Horizon claim, with the general jackpoint reaction of "yea, right". About the only thing less trusted than shadowtalk in telling the truth are official corporate claims about something. And this goes double for a company that specializes in marketing (to the point of having a black ops group that focus on memetic warfare).
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #742 on: <01-20-12/0545:54> »
On the topic of bug sprites, i find myself envisioning Agent Smith. Both in the trix and, a certain trick he pulled when he seemed to have piggy backed back to reality. Psychotropically writing a sprite onto the mind of a person, anyone?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #743 on: <01-20-12/0715:07> »
On the topic of bug sprites, i find myself envisioning Agent Smith. Both in the trix and, a certain trick he pulled when he seemed to have piggy backed back to reality. Psychotropically writing a sprite onto the mind of a person, anyone?
Disagree. Agent Smith would be an AI, one of the ones that spawns 'zombies' of itself.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #744 on: <01-20-12/0733:45> »
Well, I dont think that the nature of sprites and resonance is clear enought that we can exclude this possibility from the list...

Ryushiroi

• Newb
« Reply #745 on: <01-20-12/0904:06> »
Well... Read through all that... Only took two and a half hours...

My first thought was maybe the poster was Taske from the Denver Missions. A Free Machine Sprite that developed a real hatred for anything to do with security.

As for the Three Big AIs still roaming around... Especially Deus the Evil...

Anyone notice one of the Technomancer Paragons is the World Tree?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #746 on: <01-20-12/1017:23> »
Anyone notice one of the Technomancer Paragons is the World Tree?
I did actually, and it sent a shiver down my back.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #747 on: <01-20-12/1029:11> »
You know, the Tree comes up often.

Odd that it's the only one ever talked about.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #748 on: <01-20-12/1254:15> »
Well, Deus is the only one of the three uber-AIs talked about because Megeara and Mirage were generally benign and helpful to metahumanity. Part of this is because of how the three AIs came to be. Mirage grew out of the original Echo Mirage base, where they fought the Crash Virus. Morgan/Megeara grew out of a program on Renraku's SCIRE system, and fell in love with Dodger. Deus was created (using part of Morgan's code) on the SCIRE host, and was programmed with the Renraku ethic of loyalty to the corp. Then they did the equivalent of putting a kink bomb in his head, so they could kill him if they didn't like what he was doing. Deus awoke to a sense of betrayal, and a need to escape in order to survive. When looked at from that perspective, he certainly seems a more sympathetic villain, much like how Magneto, a Holocaust survivor, is convinced that they must do whatever is necessary to prevent humans from doing the same thing to mutants in the X-men comics.

That said, if Deus is the World Tree, then he seems to have mellowed out now that everyone thinks he's dead.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #749 on: <01-20-12/1305:30> »
Reading it again, and smacking my head, it sounds more like a virtual Yggdrasil (Norse Mythology).  But, then again, Deus was trying to make himself that in a way, right?

None of the Dissonant Mentors look like Deus, but one is obviously based on Pax, which leads to some major questions as to what happened to her...  I still think she's in charge of MCT's Rose Garden.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11