NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #660 on: <01-14-12/0559:47> »
home maid vodka the good staf go like 1shot ,2shot's, 6shot's hy were are the last 3shot's  ???  .the bad staf ?well 1shot 2shot's  wham you are at the e.r  :'(
That's "Moonshine" in English, my friend.  :)  I sometimes shorten it to just "'Shine" due to my redneck roots.  ;D
  nop you dont make shine from anti freeze like they make the bad samogonskya, i do belive that ther is not much difrenc otherways .
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

The Jake

• Newb
  • Coyote says "ORLY?"
« Reply #661 on: <01-14-12/0722:44> »
Whoever it is seems to hold a grudge of some sort against Hestaby and/or has intimate knowledge of dragons.

If it is someone who can outhack Fastjack? I can only think of one person... Leonardo.

- J.
Frag you guys, I'm going home.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #662 on: <01-14-12/1053:55> »
For A Nonymous:  I'm putting in two bids: one for a Black Lodge connection.  Connection, not membership or solidly in the camp.

I just re-read this topic from the beginning and the cumulative effect had the Black Lodge popping into the front of my mind.  Like the expressed anti-dragon sentiments are a stepping stone to (or from) their anti-IE agenda. Go back and read the write-up in Threats.

Bid #2:  a divergent form of the Exchange.  Thinking about that now, it does seem odd that Horizon/the Consensus would go after JackPoint but there's been little about interest in the Exchange.  Last reference I remember was about Rowena O'Malley wanting control of the E.

I'm just saying a sort of copy of the Exchange might have gotten spawned, imperfectly, and locked on to JackPoint as its opposite.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #663 on: <01-14-12/1216:52> »
IIRC, Conspiracy Theories starts pulling the sheet off of the mystery.

Not completely, but enough to give you a hint.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #664 on: <01-14-12/1616:29> »
home maid vodka the good staf go like 1shot ,2shot's, 6shot's hy were are the last 3shot's  ???  .the bad staf ?well 1shot 2shot's  wham you are at the e.r  :'(
That's "Moonshine" in English, my friend.  :)  I sometimes shorten it to just "'Shine" due to my redneck roots.  ;D
  nop you dont make shine from anti freeze like they make the bad samogonskya, i do belive that ther is not much difrenc otherways .
Bad moonshine is just as toxic.

IIRC, Conspiracy Theories starts pulling the sheet off of the mystery.

Not completely, but enough to give you a hint.
Indeed. While it wasn't spelled out, it was hinted at like a sledgehammer to the face that the A Nonymous was a member of the Dawkins Group.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #665 on: <01-14-12/2320:32> »
Or at the very least using a backdoor set up by the dawkins group for their memetic warfare, and left in place by Fastjack as a reverse hack. As such i put my finger on a consensus leak.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #666 on: <01-15-12/1525:39> »
I was under the impression that the Dawkins Group was part of Horizon. of course I could be wrong.
Andrew Grim

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #667 on: <01-15-12/1532:14> »
I was under the impression that the Dawkins Group was part of Horizon. of course I could be wrong.
They might be the power behind the puppet, or they might be the intelligence branch of Horizon...  It gets hard to tell at times when you're dealing with plans within plans within plans within plans...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <01-15-12/1951:22> »
As far as I can read it, the Dawkins Group is the 'SpecOps' branch of Horizon. Mostly social adept types, but all quite capable in turning to violence if necessary.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #669 on: <01-15-12/2152:05> »
Of course.

Violence is good for ratings!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #670 on: <01-16-12/1939:19> »
Ok, to reiterate:

Horizon flags jackpoint as something of potential threat.

Dawkins group hacks in to try and seed distrust among the members.

Fastjack notices but leaves the entryway open as a means of gathering info on the attackers.

i speculate that while that entryway is left open, there are various postings made that are not Dawkins group doing, but rather semi-random reactions from Consensus that spills into jackpoint. As such, i wonder if Consensus is a group of savants and other mentally unusual people that are fed a ongoing stream of data. Ever so often there is a reaction from said group that points towards overlooked patterns in the data that may be of interest to the people running Horizon. And so the anon postings are such reactions to the ongoing conversation stream from Jackpoint.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #671 on: <01-16-12/2146:13> »
Latest info on the Consensus isn't that it is a group of individuals, but that it is actually the consensus of the beliefs of every Horizon citizen.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #672 on: <01-16-12/2217:44> »
Which, alas, is rife with incredibly ugly possibilities...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #673 on: <01-16-12/2221:05> »
Sunshine said it best in a recent shadowchat from one of the books. Horizon employees tend to want to do what's best for the world. That's part of the corporate culture. However, every Horizon employee believes that the world is better off if Horizon is in it, which means they'd be willing to go to extreme lengths to make sure that happens.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #674 on: <01-16-12/2223:35> »
Sunshine said it best in a recent shadowchat from one of the books. Horizon employees tend to want to do what's best for the world. That's part of the corporate culture. However, every Horizon employee believes that the world is better off if Horizon is in it, which means they'd be willing to go to extreme lengths to make sure that happens.
Still better than most Megas.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11