When will Data Trails be released?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #1 on: <02-09-14/1654:45> »
There's no release date for any of the supplements yet.  Anything you may see on Amazon.com, by the way, is completely irrelevant (as they tend to just make up dates for things).
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-14/1659:44> »
Hopefully Data Trails is the plan for after Run and Gun. Considering they completely rebuilt the Matrix from the ground up, they should get the matrix book out ASAP so GMs actually know how to run it.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <02-09-14/1701:11> »
I'd rather have Rigger V out, so we are done with all the modding stuff.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-14/1704:24> »

What, Run and Gun won't have Vehicle and drone mods?

Even if it doesn't, I can reach back into 4th edition's Arsenal to house rule some mods up, like I've already been doing. But the 4th edition matrix rules are completely useless to me. I'm flying blind without Data Trails.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-09-14/1715:40> »
With the revamping of the Matrix, Data Trails is a must for Technomancers (especially TMs) and Deckers.  I just would like to know when it is slated to be released...  BTW, I don't look at Amazon for SR releases.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <02-09-14/1725:34> »

As I have heard, the powers that be decided to take the drones and vehicles (and associated mods) out of Run & Gun and put them into Rigger V.  This is probably a good thing, since now the drones, vehicles, and associated mods will get a separate book, which usually means they get more love.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-09-14/1733:52> »

As I have heard, the powers that be decided to take the drones and vehicles (and associated mods) out of Run & Gun and put them into Rigger V.  This is probably a good thing, since now the drones, vehicles, and associated mods will get a separate book, which usually means they get more love.

Guess I'm waiting another half a year or more before I get to see the vehicle mods then.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <02-09-14/1735:43> »
You want the Sixth Edition of Shadowrun to come out so quickly?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <02-09-14/1755:33> »
You want the Sixth Edition of Shadowrun to come out so quickly?  ;D
Well... Yes. :)

Anyway: "Run and Gun is a combat core rulebook for Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, containing more weapons, more armor, more modifications, and more game options such as martial arts and unit tactics. Break the book open and prepare to raise your game."

And if we want Riggers to be playable to more extent than "drone gets hit and dies", we pretty much need Rigger V, since we can convert neither the drones nor most modifications (or modification rules for that matter, Threshold 30 Extended Limited Tests? Ouch) without a LOT of guesswork. Meanwhile, I don't believe Data Trails to be an essential ingredient to playing Deckers unless people really want to go deep into the details. Technomancers, of course, can use it quite a lot.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #10 on: <02-09-14/1843:43> »
Street Grimore, Data Trails, Run & Gun  all seem to be named as core books.  Do we have names for augment or rigger book yet?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #11 on: <02-09-14/1914:44> »
Street Grimoire is the magic book?  I was hoping it'd be this "Aetherology" they mentioned in Gun Heaven 3.  If that's not the case, are they going to separate information on the metaplanes to a whole other book?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #12 on: <02-09-14/2118:02> »
Aetherology is a PDF project from 4th edition that never made it out.  Can guess its being updated for 5th.  Highlighting Metaplanes.  Actually looking forward to it, been awhile since there really touched on this much.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #13 on: <02-10-14/0038:17> »
Aetherology is a PDF project from 4th edition that never made it out.  Can guess its being updated for 5th.  Highlighting Metaplanes.  Actually looking forward to it, been awhile since there really touched on this much.

First I've heard of that.  If this is going to happen, then I'm excited about it more than I was before.  I feel like 5th edition magic is pretty solid and doesn't need a lot of extra work.  I like the little supplements on specific topics, so color me impressed.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <03-02-14/1822:11> »
How compatible is Unwired with SR5?
- Tyrell, Bladerunner