NEWS

Best Machine gun/cannon for Steel Lynx (no launchers)

• 65 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #60 on: <01-16-15/2121:08> »
Why not a Vindicator Minigun? Ok recoil compensation, nice ap and its a minigun. Hell in this edition it even accepts barrel mounts and has a Smartlink to boot. And it's a minigun.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #61 on: <01-16-15/2156:33> »
Why not a Vindicator Minigun? Ok recoil compensation, nice ap and its a minigun. Hell in this edition it even accepts barrel mounts and has a Smartlink to boot. And it's a minigun.

The Availability.  Otherwise, totally.  Also, pretty sure the recoil compensation is -2, not a good thing. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <01-16-15/2312:57> »
Compared to other guns in RG which get -6RC for a tripod, I presume this -2RC of the minigun is actually the regular advantageous version.
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #63 on: <01-16-15/2326:57> »
Compared to other guns in RG which get -6RC for a tripod, I presume this -2RC of the minigun is actually the regular advantageous version.

I see what the problem is; in the Core rulebook, Recoil Compensation is positive.  In Run & Gun (for machine guns only, it seems), it's negative.  Another legacy of the poor editing, I suppose.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #64 on: <01-16-15/2330:18> »
R and G errata fixed that actually on all goofy RC values.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <01-16-15/2330:28> »
Page 1 of the Run & Gun Errata:
GENERAL, RECOIL COMPENSATION CORRECTIONS
Minus symbols should be removed from Recoil Compensation listings for all weapons that have them, including the following: Auto-Assault 16, Franchi Spas-24, GE Vindicator Mini-Gun, SA Nemesis, FN Mag-5, Ultimax MMG, Ruhrmetall SF-20, Ultimax HMG-2

I do wish the Ares HVAR and GE Vindicator Mini-gun had specific high velocity rules; as is, there are better options mechanically that make these weapons flavourful more than anything.

The 200-round belt for the Vindicator is nice for a metahuman carrying it, but matters little when the weapon is mounted. Furthermore, that the Vindicator requires spinning up is a slight drawback as I see it. It is less costly than the superior Ruhrmetall SF-20, however.
« Last Edit: <01-16-15/2334:47> by Herr Brackhaus »