NEWS

Gear you'l never have no matter how badly you want it...

• 67 Replies

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #60 on: <05-23-13/0613:06> »
Daisybox is hugely out of date unfortunately. You can sort your skills in Chummer by what you've invested your points in.

I never figured out how to use Chummer.

Could give it a shot, I suppose.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #61 on: <05-23-13/1032:16> »
I just wrote myself an Excel sheet. Easy, if you're doing the BP generation. Gets more difficult if you're doing karmagen, because things don't scale at a linear rate, and there is a limit on nested IF() statements. The Hero Labs generator is fine, for the most part, but there are definitely bugs, especially in the newer things. Primarily with qualities that have choices in them not actually going through with those choices further on (such as the Ronin quality not actually giving the discount to the type of 'ware you selected, or the Magician's Way quality not providing the discount on the powers you chose).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <05-23-13/1530:50> »
Chummer has the advantage that it actually gets updated and for the most part, follows the rules but is pretty easy to customize to your own house rules too, or at least the most common house rules.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #63 on: <05-23-13/1708:39> »
Yes yes, we know you love BP gen, but characters made with BP system don't come out as nicely well rounded as they do for Karmagen.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <05-23-13/1758:46> »
Hear hear. That was my main reason for making the switch. Well that and it got rid of the worst min/maxing offences. Uh wait, I don't want to start a fight here. They are both great systems...yeah that should do it  :P

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #65 on: <05-23-13/1842:54> »
For a good year I maintained my buildpoint based spreadsheet, but after trying out karma gen it really rounded it all out in a nice way.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <05-23-13/2004:07> »
i have to say with some concepts i find that karma (psycho troll hand to hand combat monster) works soo much better than BP (Technomancer quick in and out hacker) but its a case by case basis... Plus i enjoy making characters for the sake of making characters, most of the ones i design just end up not being played with and sitting there till i need something for my pink mowhawk campaign, at which point they tend to die or get left in the dust of the over powered character my players have :D
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #67 on: <05-23-13/2347:53> »
If I get to play a character, it's usually in a game that wasn't supposed to be a one off, but ends up that way...

Still have my hacker, that, through the corse of a few GMs went around the world, and ended up buying hirself a Unicorn, and modifying it to be a VTOL reconnaissance, and hacking hub.

That is so far the only character of mine that's been in more than one game, and more than 2 sessions.