• Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #60 on: <06-24-13/2224:18> »
Dermal-Sheathed Nudist.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <06-25-13/0148:23> »
Also, no one mentions the bit of cheese in counting both his pants and shirt as separate pieces of armor for the sake of doubling the bonus of Delta Amyloid?
He did that because they are, in fact, listed as separate pieces of armor, Arsenal p.46.  The long running discussion both with those suits of clothing and the Securetech PPP is whether you mod the individual pieces, or the set as a whole.
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <06-25-13/0151:49> »
Let's put it this way then, if you take the number crunching that some sorts throw around here then it would maybe come to 3 more damage soaked. If that's cheese then I call that silliness.
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/0210:42> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Muscular_Bevar

• Chummer
« Reply #63 on: <06-25-13/0443:38> »
Some armor clothing items have rather low armor ratings
when worn individually, but are designed to be worn together
with other garments as part of an ensemble. Add the armor values
of each piece worn together as an outfit and note the result as the
Ballistic and Impact ratings of the whole ensemble, ignoring the
rule that only the highest armor value of each piece of armor applies
(see Armor and Encumbrance, p. 161, SR4A) in this case only.
After calculating the result of the combined pieces of armor
clothing, this result becomes the character’s armor value and is
subject to the usual rules concerning Armor and Encumbrance.
Clothing lines whose components may be combined in this manner
are noted with a (c) on the tables. pg.45 arsenal

so its is my understading that if you want to count that armour together without encumberance you have to wear it as an outfit (essentially it becomes one armour that is made up of smaller pieces) woulndt that mean you needed to pay the cost once, get the benifet once and have it apply to the whole ensemble...

i would even go so far as to say you would only benifet from a limited amout of bonus based on how much of the ensemble you wear but for the sake of less math would continue to give the bonus even if say the jacket was removed (in this case the 2/1 for shirt and slacks plus the 3/1 gives a final result of 5/2, not bad for a buisness shirt an pants)

this would clear up your softweave as well, only costs once, only applies once and counts baesd on what you wear (takes 3 point off no matter how many pieces you wear.

Am i missing something here or does that make sense...

and now to open a whole new kettle of fish, the enhancments mentioned in Attitude pg.160 state
Carbon-boron infusion, Kevlar threading, and Delta-amyloid coatings are available.
To me that sounds like 3 different techniques that could all be used together (one is pushed/soaked into fabirc, the next is a replacemt of some of the threding and the last is a coating on the outside of the fabric). how would people feel about these stacking and would you apply a some penalty (i could see the fabric becoming very stiff, or just looking wrong with so much modification...)
Speech
Self thought
Matrix

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #64 on: <06-25-13/0659:38> »
Your first quote makes a lot of sense, Muscular.  That for the sake of upgrades, you essentially make one "outfit" by combining different pieces of armor, and what's on one is assumed to actually apply to all of them.  Sadly, Chummer doesn't support this very fluidly, but if I was handling it personally in my own game that is probably how I would work it.

Your last one sounds like a GM call to me.  Bringing up the Chummer character creation program again (even though I just said we didn't see eye to eye) the creator of that sees them as stackable.  That brings Armored Clothing up to 10/3 and presumably doesn't look out of place.  That's some high ballistic armor for someone in street clothes.  That kind of fits the high-end military technology of Shadowrun, but how obvious it is would be up to the GM.  For one, it'd be immediately obvious upon touching the material, for sure.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <06-25-13/0753:19> »
Dermal-Sheathed Nudist.  ;D
I wish they had put in more mods for this. Particularly after holowear became a thing, and a full RPC dermal sheath became a cybersuite.

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <06-26-13/1730:53> »
In all seriousness, the only sensible way to look at it, is that those items of clothing combine to be one outfit, which has one armour rating that is the sum of its parts. You then apply delta amyloid to the ensemble as one thing, and softweave to that. Adding a total of 3/1 to armour rating and reducing the 3 to 0 for encumbrance.

A4BGs way you may as well just wear 7 shirts and 3 pairs of trousers with DA and softweave added to each seeing as you're already extracting the urine so much. It doesn't say in the rules you can't!!!!  ::)

It doesn't say "highest rating armour(s)". Apply it once. The different options of clothing are so you can design a suit of armour that fits your character's style, not so you can build magic tank armour out of cotton.