NEWS

Allowed books / ebooks for SR4 Missions

• 5 Replies

Lemdul81

• Newb
« on: <04-05-13/1829:41> »
Ignore this, I found the answer to my question.
« Last Edit: <04-05-13/2020:25> by Lemdul81 »

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #1 on: <04-06-13/1644:08> »
k
Onward all you crystal soldiers.
Touch tomorrow, energize.

artent

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-29-13/1232:44> »
Just to be clear, as I was unsure on this as well.

Anything that isn't labeled as an optional rule or specifically disallowed in the faq is allowed right?

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <04-29-13/1241:59> »
Anything that isn't labeled as an optional rule or specifically disallowed in the faq is allowed right?

Yes, that's correct.  For the most part, if it's published for SR4, it's legal.  I think Bull said early in Season 4 that he intended not to saddle the Missions campaign with a ton of optional rules, and that he intended for the Missions campaign to be as true as possible to the SR4 line as a whole.

Two exceptions are the Way of the Adept and Way of the Samurai PDF books, which are labeled on the front cover as Option, so the whole of both are disallowed.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Peter_M_Andrew_Jr

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-13/1506:36> »
The opening boilerplate on the two "Way" books also state they are not allowed for missions or tournament play as well.

Peter

stinkyettin

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-13/0919:18> »

Yes, that's correct.  For the most part, if it's published for SR4, it's legal.  I think Bull said early in Season 4 that he intended not to saddle the Missions campaign with a ton of optional rules, and that he intended for the Missions campaign to be as true as possible to the SR4 line as a whole.

Two exceptions are the Way of the Adept and Way of the Samurai PDF books, which are labeled on the front cover as Option, so the whole of both are disallowed.

Is this from the get go?  The FAQ seems to impress that we are limited to the books specifically mentioned at character creation.