NEWS

[Interest/recruitment] The Information Game (Recruitment closed)

• 125 Replies

Ympulse

• Omae
« on: <11-20-12/1648:47> »
Where does every run start? Why, with a Johnson of course. But where does that Johnson get his information? And how is that information gathered?

Many runners are treated as blunt-force tools, even the very best. They are the working-end of the equation, They're usually not paid to think, only to resolve a problem presented to them. That's what 'runners are, Problem Solvers. What is never seen, though, are the runners and proprietary teams dedicated to simply gathering that top-level intel that drives most jobs. Some of the greatest tales that were never told involve those in this field.

You are part of the few, you don't take jobs that end in blood, or simple datasteals. You infiltrate and gather information that drives hundreds of Runs around the world. You go across the world, and get information that makes or breaks AAA corps.

---

I'm looking for 3-5 people that enjoy a good bit of espionage. The game style is going to be extremely Mirrorshades, this is a world of Dead Drops, Double-crosses, Obfuscation, Fieldcraft, and no compromise. You are absolute professionals with malleable morals and even more malleable memories.

Da Rulez

520 BP, 240 may be spent on Attributes.

All published books are in play, with the exception of Emoti-stuff (Emotisofts grant +2 on judge intention checks and opposed interrogation rolls at Program rating 2, which is the max)

Positive and Negative qualities may be taken up to a maximum of 40 points either way.

Mages and Adepts may initiate to up to Level 3 at the following costs:
Level 1 - 7BP
Level 2 - +8 BP
Level 3 - +9 BP

After initiation, you may raise your Magic at the rate of 15 BP for Magic 6(Initiate 1), +20 BP for Magic 7(Initiate 2), and +25 BP for magic 8(Initiate 3). That's 134 BP for Magic 8 and Initiate 3, for those not keeping score.

Technomancers may use the above rules for Submersion/Resonance.

Gear/Nuyen limit is 70BP

Availability cap is 16, 24 with Restricted Gear quality (20/26 for Hackers buying Programs/Commlinks)

20 BP minimum is to be spent on contacts, with at least 3 contacts.

Expect lots of travel

Game starts in the LA sprawl, but you won't be there long.

The team are freelancers. But if you want to be a Government/Corp-sponsored agent, have at it.

While combat is going to be rare, it can happen. Besides, what good spy Doesn't know how to snap someone's neck/fire a pistol when it comes down to it?

Pretty sure that covers all the bases. Any questions on rules or just more information just post here or PM me. We'll see how this goes. I've been itching to do a Mirrorshades/Espionage game for a while now.
« Last Edit: <11-24-12/0427:56> by Ympulse »

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #1 on: <11-20-12/1704:46> »
I am interested
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <11-20-12/1706:45> »
I'm all for this too. :D

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #3 on: <11-20-12/1707:22> »
PM'ed a (short) char concept.
Since the characters are higher "level", is betaware allowed?

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-20-12/1714:37> »
is betaware allowed?
Yes. Forgot all about that. Betaware is completely acceptable.

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <11-20-12/1716:53> »
I am looking at doing up a Knight Errand sponsored Intel agent. Lots of Cyber and bioware, Hacking and a little rigging.

More to come as I flesh out his background.
Speaking  Com  Thinking

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-20-12/1719:34> »
arg

too many games pop up at once...

but this one I must try to get in with especially since I already got the perfect character for that kind of game:

The Lady
Sheet is at 400BP at the moment and will be adjusted accordingly
EDIT:
upgrading is finished
« Last Edit: <11-20-12/1856:44> by lonewolf1210 »

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <11-20-12/1721:43> »
I am considering either of these concepts:
- A classic social/face adept: Cool Resolve, Kinesics, Improved Social Skills, the Speaker's Way Power....
- A more unique (I hope) investigator kind of Adept, using Eidetic Sense Memory, Analytics, Three-Dimensional Memory, Enhanced Perception, etc.

Either would be freelance types. Let me know what you guys think.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-20-12/1742:18> »
I'd like to play an AI, if you're not opposed to the concept. Background to follow.

With the 240bp limit on traits, how will that work with the chargen limit of 1 trait at max? (also, skill limits; one skill at 6, two skills at 5, groups max out at 4?)

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <11-20-12/1801:28> »
A full mirror shades game fuck yes. I have just the charecter. Let me go upgrade him :P

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-20-12/1805:59> »
Registering interest, will think of something in a moment.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-20-12/1815:44> »
Do you want full sheets, or just character concepts?

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <11-20-12/1819:28> »
Novocrane - I'm amenable to the AI concept, but approval will be pending the concept/background.

To all: Traits are: One trait at maximum, Any number of traits at -1. (for instance, a human can have Body 5, Agi 6, Str 5, Reaction 5, etc). Same with Skills.

Crunch: I'm choosing players based on concepts, but if you have a full char sheet, that is preferable.

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-20-12/1825:56> »
Mr Fox

Here is the character sheet.

From what he remembers he woke up in a Knight Errant medical facility with no memory of his past. He was told he had been in a bad accident. They told him that his wife was in the car with him but they could not find her anywhere. He gets flashes of a happy home life with his wife mostly feeling and disjointed images. Knight errant requited him and trained him and added the ware's. Like anyone in this situation there is always a little bit of doubt that what they have told you is true. (What happened may or may not be true. this is only what he has been told.. We all now there 4 levels of lies (a lie, damn lie, Statistics and then are Corporate Lies)
« Last Edit: <11-20-12/1835:18> by Triggvi »
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <11-20-12/1839:24> »
Well my concept is an "oracle" Pixie mage diviner, Perhaps a matrix fortuneteller sensation (depends how we feel about fame on the trix.) Who sees the matrix as the metaplane of information, An inverted version of the metaplanes of emotion.

Because she sees it as inherently linked, shes taken to using the matrix as part of her medium of prophecy. Her main contacts are two ais that follow opposite paragons. One that finds and stores information and the other that Erases information. She agrees with both because while knowledge needs to be discovered, some knowledge, some "prophecies" are too dangerous to be known.

How would you feel about giving her real prophecies, (though like all prophecies hard to interpreret and nearly always useless), or would you rather it just be a delusion?