NEWS

Xabulba's PBP OOC

• 88 Replies

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« on: <10-27-11/2000:43> »
Discussion thread for Xabulba's PBP Game.

We need to determine what style and setting of the game we want. The setting of the game will depend on the style of play the group decides on.

Setting possibilities for game style;
Seattle, Manhattan or Hong Kong for your basic corporate/underworld runs.
Albuquerque, Bogotá or Manila for smuggling and spy-game runs.
Moscow, Cape Town or Perth for spirit/critter bounty hunting.

This list is no ways comprehensive and there will of course be crossover run opportunities no matter what style and setting of game play.

Book material for player use;
Shadowrun 4 core rules
Runners Companion
Arsenal
Street Magic
Augmentation
Wired
Runners Black Book.

@all players – character builds will be as per the SR4A core rules. That means 400BP, 200BP maximum can be used for attributes and 35BP maximum in flaws.
BPs gained by flaws cannot be used to go over the 200BP attribute maximum.
Warning – any flaws taken and not role-played will be taken away and the BP cost will be deducted from your skills, spells or attributes.
NO FURIES, INFECTED, DRAKES or SHIFTERS.

current players;
Mirikon
Phylos Fett
Clashmasterj
D3ck3r

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <10-27-11/2019:41> »
Hey y'all. I'll be playing a combat mage, using the Swordmage tradition I posted elsewhere on the site.

As far as setting, Seattle is always fun. Though it might be nice to get out of the Emerald City. I can easily find reasons for my character to be in Neo-Tokyo, Denver, Bogota, Los Angeles, or (ghost help me) Chicago.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-27-11/2146:39> »
I'm most comfortable in a mage role, if you want some support, Mirikon, otherwise I've a neat cybered concept I've been playing with. Setting wise,I've only ever played in Seattle and LA, so I don't have much input there, but again I have a concept for a P 2.0 flashmage
Player : "Can I call one of my hacker friends?"
GM : "You don't have any friends."
Player pouts.

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-27-11/2147:54> »
Also, I fall into a Face roll pretty well, no one wants the responsibility
Player pouts.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-27-11/2223:43> »
Well, my character will be high cha, high Con, so a pair of mages splitting the Face role could be pretty awesome. And I'd kinda like to do LA. Instead of hiding in the shadows, hide in the highest possible profile.

My Characters

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-28-11/0008:02> »
Looks like Mirikon and I have the magic angle covered. I'll be going manipulation/illusion. Sound good, X?
Player pouts.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #6 on: <10-28-11/0253:25> »
Seattle is always nice, and I do like corporate/underworld runs, I must say.

Looks like the Magic/Face side of things are nicely covered so I might opt for a covert ops/street samurai concept (I usually get stuck with a Face, so it'll be a refreshing change of pace!)

I'll get cracking on the character tonight and tomorrow (a day off! Who would have thought it!)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-28-11/0352:06> »
I can play a hacker if you need one.  I have one I can adapt and write out the complete background for.  She can also hold her own in a combat (not as a street sammie of course, but she knows which end of the gun is the end to point to the enemy).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-28-11/0758:09> »
You always need a skilled hacker. And if they have a few drones they can bring to the party, all the better.

So the next question is, do we want to be an established team? If not, we might know some or all of the others from runs, but this is the first time we're in the same group.

My Characters

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-28-11/0812:55> »
So the next question is, do we want to be an established team? If not, we might know some or all of the others from runs, but this is the first time we're in the same group.

If we are going to be an established team, we could always do what I try to get my players to do when they are making their characters - make sure that all the areas (skill/role-wise) are covered by two characters - what I like to call a Major and a Minor.

As an example, the Face has a Negotiations Dice Pool at 10 - 12 (he's a Major), but there is another (Minor) character that has a Negotiations Dice Pool at 7 - 9 (just plucking numbers off the top of my head, but the Minor is usually about 3/4 of the Major). That way we always have a back-up, and it gives us more flexibility.

As a bonus for the team (and the GM) there aren't any one-trick ponies in the team.

Of course, Xabulba might want us to be a newly formed team, and at the end of the day, he's GMing...

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #10 on: <10-28-11/0942:59> »

If we are going to be an established team, we could always do what I try to get my players to do when they are making their characters - make sure that all the areas (skill/role-wise) are covered by two characters - what I like to call a Major and a Minor.

As an example, the Face has a Negotiations Dice Pool at 10 - 12 (he's a Major), but there is another (Minor) character that has a Negotiations Dice Pool at 7 - 9 (just plucking numbers off the top of my head, but the Minor is usually about 3/4 of the Major). That way we always have a back-up, and it gives us more flexibility.

As a bonus for the team (and the GM) there aren't any one-trick ponies in the team.

Of course, Xabulba might want us to be a newly formed team, and at the end of the day, he's GMing...

My idea was that all of you are at rock bottom, either recently dumped into the shadows from posh jobs or trying to climb your way out of the gutters of the ganger lifestyle to a better future or starting over after a few bad runs left you with a crap street rep.
There is a place called Wannabee's (Watanabe's sushi & Cantonese) where the new, desperate & out of luck hang out and form a talent pool (kinda like a day labor site for runners) Johnson's can come in and recruit the disposable talent needed for simple quick runs. You'll start out there, you might know of each other and even worked a job or two with one or another but at Wannabee's everyone out for themselves.

Everyone gets a the 'bonus' contact of Wannabee's (C1L1, don't rely on or trust them).

Wannabee's is run by the 'Dragon Mother' a very unsavory and untrustworthy Cantonese dowager. Rumors tell that her husband gladly took a murder rap, and death penalty, for a Yakuza lieutenant just to get away from her. She is also supposed to have sold her 2 daughters into sex slavery and arranged the death of her only son so she would gain ownership of the restaurant.
« Last Edit: <10-28-11/1005:45> by Xabulba »

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #11 on: <10-28-11/0952:53> »
This is not a recruitment thread, do not post here unless you have been invited!
If you wish to be considered for play make your posts in this thread http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=5248.

current players;
Mirikon
Phylos Fett
Clashmasterj
D3ck3r

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-28-11/1110:53> »
My idea was that all of you are at rock bottom, either recently dumped into the shadows from posh jobs or trying to climb your way out of the gutters of the ganger lifestyle to a better future or starting over after a few bad runs left you with a crap street rep.

With that said, you're fine with whatever we can bring to the character within the CharGen parameters you have, and the listed books? What I mean is, that you aren't lowering Availability, or not allowing Restricted Gear, and so forth.

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #13 on: <10-28-11/1140:47> »
No limits on availability or gear, with the exception of military hardware.

If you guys vote for a war games or critter hunting style game then military hardware would be freely available. 

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <10-28-11/1147:23> »
Yay, got an invite.

I have two possibilities (given the third, the mage-face, is already taken  :) ) to bring to the party.

I'd prefer my TM who's rigger/dronomancer oriented. However with D3ck3r playing a hacker that might be redundant. So I've also got the rough of a combat oriented mystic adept I can finish.

Any screaming preferences in that regard?