NEWS

[SR4A, RECRUITMENT CLOSED] There will be flood

• 347 Replies

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #30 on: <09-09-13/1216:15> »
I have no problems with that.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-09-13/1220:05> »
Question to potential players:
How would you feel about potentially letting other players play your characters when you're unavailable for a period of time?

Works for me. 
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-09-13/1236:30> »
Sure, no problem.  The character will stay in the background and if an action is needed, someone else can do it.  Sounds fine with me.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #33 on: <09-09-13/1345:29> »
Just checking. You know how roleplayers can get about touching their dice and all that ;)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-09-13/1629:10> »
- Use Chummer.
- Contacts: Free Contact points equal to (Charisma + Highest Unmodified Attribute) x 1.5, round up.  (Only using Charisma or Social Skills just ignores the fact that ugly but talented wrestlers or impolite but brilliant scientists can still be well connected in their own circles. Buying some contacts that actually have anything to do with your role/specialty would be appreciated.)

How do you put this in Chummer?  The only thing I've found is under house rules where you can change the number of CHA x <number>, but that's it.  Did I overlook something somewhere?  :-[
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <09-09-13/1636:52> »
Do the math and fill it in in Free Contact Points BP: XX

Anachronaut

« Reply #36 on: <09-09-13/1645:19> »
I'm totally okay with having my character played by someone else.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-09-13/1656:45> »
No issue with that here; I've had to do exactly that with table games beforedue to absent players.  Works out pretty well.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-09-13/1721:20> »
Warning when building your characters:
A lot depends on how the game goes but I don't have many things planned in Seattle, you'll be travelling and might be away from home for quite a while.

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-09-13/1735:45> »
Oddly enough, that's more a benefit with the backstory I wrote.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

Anachronaut

« Reply #40 on: <09-09-13/1909:41> »
A lot depends on how the game goes but I don't have many things planned in Seattle, you'll be travelling and might be away from home for quite a while.

So we probably shouldn't deck out an expensive vehicle?

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-09-13/1915:12> »

If you aren't planning on taking it with you, sure.  Small planes, however, are always useful.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-09-13/1922:04> »
No problems on someone else playing my character temporarily on the off chance I go on vacation and I don't bring either my laptop nor my phone.

Edit: I just want to add that I'm pretty much done with the character in general. I just need to put the finishing touches (knowledge skills, contacts, etc.) before final submission. If the GM wishes to, I could send him the character's backstory. And don't worry: Mickey is far from a beautiful and unique snowflake ;)
« Last Edit: <09-09-13/2328:47> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <09-10-13/0308:54> »

I honestly can't say.
I suppose if you're flown to the other side of the world, you might be able to secure shipping for your vehicle, though it might be on route longer than your stay. And constantly arranging safe smuggling/transportation of an expensive vehicle which I assume will be also tricked out with all sorts of illegal modifications might be more difficult and expensive than finding(hiring/stealing) a different vehicle... though that vehicle will usually be far less tricked out, I suppose.
Life of a runner must be so full of uncertainties and tough choices. Glad I'm on the other side of the screen!

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-10-13/0315:13> »
Charsheets:
Sure, PM me.

I'll allow for another day for possible candidates to show interest, then I'll choose players.

When posting your character to me, at the moment background/story might be more important than the stats.
Consider asking yourselves (and answering me) some of the questions asked on this page:
http://ingomonk.droppages.com/Creating+a+Shadowrunner/Fleshing+out+your+Character
(The questions from the second part will usually tell me/you more about your character than the first 20.)
No, I don't want you to answer all 40.