NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #360 on: <01-21-17/1811:09> »
I am trying to watch the timing.  I have a plan.  Bwahaha.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #361 on: <01-21-17/2016:37> »
*raises hand timidly* I am a bit missed, though to be fair I have nothing to do on weekends so I pretty much respond to everything within a half hour.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #362 on: <01-27-17/0636:11> »
If someone asks why Cynthia has trust issues and why she keeps as much information she has as close as possible, I know exactly how to answer :o

I hope Spokane is not expecting a lot in the way of sharing of information ^^
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #363 on: <01-28-17/0534:45> »
Init Roll: 8+1d6 13 Not entirely clear on how the stun condition modifier works with init, so feel free to correct as needed.

For my own reference in the next few posts: a magician can spend a Complex Action to reduce the time required for an astral signature to fade ( Core pg 312). Each complex action spent reduces the time by an hour.

Two questions that are about to be really relevant - does summoning a spirit leave a temporary signature or only while the spirit lasts? Does the fact that an area where a spell took effect also has an astral signature leave a trail of sorts that could be followed to find Renee while I am sustaining the spell?

Since you're not too familiar with Magic rules Mercy, I thought I should help ^^
For initiative, the wound modifier instantly reduces the initiative, but j suppose you already know that.

Now, for Magic:
Summoning does leave a signature, that should last for Force hours, same as the spells. However, that signature is not directly linked to the spirit. It just says "Something happened in the astral here". A spirit not using its powers doesn't leave an astral signature (note that materialisation is a power).
For the sustaining part, it's worse than that, as long as the spell is sustained, the link between Mage and spell is immediate, there is no need at all for an Assenssing roll to find the Mage. The signature left however should only be present at the locations the spell is in effect, and will last for Spell Force hours.

Without Assensing, someone (or something) in the astral will only know that something happened at the point the signatures were left. In addition, the unique imprint of the creature responsible will be known. If the one perceiving the signature sees the 'culprit' she will recognise her (in the astral of course) with 2 successes on an Assenssing roll.
Now with an Assenssing roll on the signature, it's possible to learn much more, like why there is a signature here (It's a spell, an active focus, a spirit used a power, etc) with 2 successes, the approximate Force of the effect (higher, lower or equal to your Magic rating) with 3 successes, the exact Force of the effect, and details class of its nature (fire spirit power, manipulation spell, health preparation, etc) with 4 successes.
Like I said earlier, a magical signature fades in Force hours.
Shouldn't be important for now, but the spirit must stay in a range of Summoner's Magic x 100m otherwise it counts as a remote service, which means the spirit disappears as soon as it's done.
From the spirit it's possible to find the Summoner (whose aura is on the spirit), but it takes hours of careful track in the astral. Not something important either at the moment I think, but useful to keep in mind.

At Force 3, the spirit has an Initiative of 6+ 3d6 in the astral. It will need a Complex action to materialise anywhere, so it can truly act at its second IP only. Its initiative then becomes 8 + 2d6, so you take the initiative roll when it was in the astral, add 2 and subtract 1d6. At the next turn (and as long as it's materialised, just roll the 8 + 2d6)
At Force 3, it has a pool of 7d to engulf its target. If it succeeds, it deals 6S, AP-3 damage at each of its IP, resisted normally by the target (Body + Armour). The victim cannot do anything else than try to disengage with a Strength + Body vs 6d roll. (Engulf rules are p396).
Other pertinent information for now is that the spirit has 8d for its defence, and soaks damage with 6d and three auto successes. No edge unless Hikari lends one, and 9 boxes to its condition monitors.

Now, more general considerations:
The spirit probably doesn't know what a sniper is. It's a water spirit, it probably isn't even able to recognise weapons. At Force 3, with 3 in its mental stats, it will of course be able to recognise them for what they are once used, but knowing what a sniper is is probably far from its knowledge. Plus it would need to be materialised to even see the weapon, which would lead to quite a few problems, since...
Obvious magic like a materialised spirit will raise the amount of panic and subsequent heat through the roof.
« Last Edit: <01-28-17/0626:20> by Imladir »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #364 on: <01-30-17/0856:30> »
And... I've got a new respect for Stuffer Shacks Hosts...
Editing minutes of video files in a Host is not a good idea.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #365 on: <02-01-17/0257:52> »
Stuttrboy has an account on DS yep. So you can start whenever you want.
I even already have my own intro written (since yesterday in fact :o )

Maybe we should start a new OOC thread there too, now that except Lizzie and Eva all the other (active) threads are on DS. And this site's timeouts are exhausting...
« Last Edit: <02-01-17/0356:20> by Imladir »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #366 on: <02-01-17/0307:43> »
With Cynthia's & Spokane's threads merging, time for a new timeline update!

Previous one was on the 09/01

Preston:  Saturday  08/06 - 17:15 (+3h28m)
Grunt:    Sunday    09/06 - 07:85 (no change)
Helena:   Sunday    09/06 - 09:26 (no change)
Seeker:   Sunday    09/06 - 11:38 (no change)
Eva:      Monday    10/06 - 19:55 (+2h35m)
Johnny:   Tuesday   11/06 - 21:50 (+18m)
Lizzie:   Wednesday 12/06 - 21:50 (+13h35m)
Spokane:  Wednesday 12/06 - 23:00 (+5h38)
Cynthia:  Wednesday 12/06 - 23:00 (+4h)
Annex:    Friday    14/06 - 12:49 (+16h49)
Rose:     Saturday  15/06 - ~12h  (no change)

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #367 on: <02-01-17/0756:07> »
I'll continue my monologue on this thread to curse Spokane.
So Spokane, consider yourself cursed!

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #368 on: <02-01-17/1126:01> »
Why are you cursing me?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #369 on: <02-01-17/1152:27> »
Because while Spokane is being difficult, I can't play, isn't that sad!?

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #370 on: <02-01-17/1200:12> »
Stuttrboy can be one of the most infuriating stubborn people you are likely to ever meet.  This is not him being difficult.  LOL
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #371 on: <02-01-17/1246:18> »
Maybe, but I'm cursing Spokane, not Stuttrboy, the distinction is important!

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #372 on: <02-01-17/1319:10> »
Point taken
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #373 on: <02-01-17/1332:00> »
You have to be careful when you do this kind of things after all.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #374 on: <02-02-17/0937:07> »
So...New common thread?