Shadowrun General > Gear

Vehicle Question

(1/4) > >>

Frost:
So my group currently does their dastardly deeds under the guise of a security/private investigation company. I have decided to take a different path in the next run and have decided that they are awarded a contract to set up a secured facility (stronghold) within the Redmond Barrens. So they'll have to locate a suitable facility, then transform it into something that can survive in the barrens. They'll be given a vehicle or hire a vehicle to drive them around the barrens to find a location. So the question is this: what type of vehicle could realistically be used in Redmond. Realistically, you can't take just any vehicle, not only due to the need to go in heavily armed and armored, but also because the roads in the barrens are probably close to nonexistent in the traditional sense of the word. I mean, the potholes could probably swallow a sedan. I've been considering either a hovercraft or a tracked vehicle. Armaments aren't the question, just what type of vehicle would be suitable in an area that has such deteriorated infrastructure?

PiXeL01:
Most armored SUVs would be able to make the trip I would reckon. Hovercrafts are simply too big in an urban environment and I suspect tracked vehicles would draw more attention than an armored truck.
Some armored personal carriers wood do fine as long as the clearance is high enough (the driver is a Rigger to jump rockets, potholes etc.)

PiXeL01:
If looking in Rigger 5 then Wolf II, Goliath or Stallion would do the job just fine, especially if you mod a little bit

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
There's mention in the lore of convoys that travel around through the barrens made up of things like busses and garbage trucks, uparmored Mad-Max style.

Wheeled vehicles should be fine.  Point admitted though that you'll want vehicles with decent off-road handling stats for when the roads are just literally strewn with rubble and garbage.

Marcus:
In general i would be less interested in the vehicle and more interested in the driver. Further I'd match vehicle and driver to the theme of the run, i was trying to point forward. I don't know what your looking for exactly but that's where I would start. With the know how most any vehicle can probably make the trip, yeah an armor SUV would be preferable in many ways, but it also stands out, vintage rebuilt post apocalyptic VW Bus make a very statement, but can also get you through from point A to B, maybe with inviting so much attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version