Shadowrun General > Gear

Prototype tech

(1/4) > >>

忍:
In lieu of the ever-present influence of Magicrun, my game has lost a lot of the cyberpunk feel to it. One way I'd like to gravitate closer to it is to have a macguffen of some prototype tech, however I'm coming up short with ideas. Just how many ways can you make a deck? Not enough to always grab the next model. So what suggestions might y'all have for the object of a run that would better immerse the feeling and setting of a more cyberpunk Shadowrun?

Jack_Spade:
Cortical stacks from the Takeshi Kovacs books:
An implant that captures all your sensations, memories and your personality which allows you to be reimplanted into a new body after your death.
Immortality through cybernetics - a game changer that makes the rich immortal and gives the other body thieves a run for their money.

All the necessary elements have been added already through CFD...

忍:
Isn't that from Eclipse Phase?

Jack_Spade:
Possibly, never played EP, but I'm pretty sure Richard K. Morgan came up with the idea in 2002  ;)

ShadowcatX:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---Possibly, never played EP, but I'm pretty sure Richard K. Morgan came up with the idea in 2002  ;)

--- End quote ---

The idea has been around since before that. The Waste World RPG had a city built around it back in 97.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version