NEWS

Rogue's Galley

• 19 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <11-28-19/1353:56> »
My copy arrived yesterday and I like it. The majority of the artwork is new, at least as far as I can tell. The cards are really useful to GM's that dont have the time or desire to create tons of npcs. For myself, I plan to use the statblocks only and slot them into my GM screen to have a quick reference for prime runners, gangers, etc. I'm going to use the stats and apply them to my own npcs, new history, profession, etc. The deck also has larger reference cards which show the stats of guns, vehicles, etc, so you won't need to constantly write those stats down.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <11-28-19/1407:14> »
I'm guessing most, if not all, of the Rogue Gallery images are from the Rogue Gallery and Staff levels of Sprawl Ops backing, of which a few were used in material already. That would help with them being fresh and all that.

I also really like the sound of the stat blocks and all, and am really bummed they didn't have any to sell at Spiel.

Out of curiosity, how many of the cards are in this list? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/shadowrun-sprawl-ops-boardgame/posts/2406664
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-29-19/1511:09> »
I counted 85 pictures on the kickstarter and there is 50 character cards in the deck, including one I feel you may be particularly fond of. *wink*

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <11-29-19/1559:02> »
With that many cards, it makes sense they didn't just use the Rogues and Staff-and-such, but also a bunch of the Veteran Runners. 8) Out of curiosity: Do they use the same names as the Sprawl Ops cards have?

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-29-19/2128:25> »
I'm not sure about the names but I assume they are the same. There are 3 legendary cards,[5 elite, 15 veteran, and 27 street. Overall the power level of the characters is fairly high.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <11-30-19/0413:35> »
Makes a lot of sense. There were 3 levels of backer on the Kickstarter, $250, $500, $2000. Can't wait until I can order one... -,-

Rosia

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-30-19/2321:23> »
I haven’t seen the Rogue’s gallery box, but I know we are one of the prime runner cards. The most expensive to higher too. We also ended up in the new rule book :D

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-01-19/0247:05> »
Hmm, I actually don't see your card but I do see Reeves, she is on a legendary card actually. Her stats are also quite high :D

Rosia

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <12-01-19/1351:20> »
But I’m Reeves and she’s Meyer :O

Rosia

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <12-01-19/1448:27> »
Also she’s and elf not a human :O you can still she her ears... found someone on the Facebook page that had the deck

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-01-19/1941:14> »
Are you suggesting there is a card called Meyer? I don't see it in my deck. I see Reeves, an elf female street samurai.

Rosia

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <12-01-19/2114:45> »
The card I saw listed her as a human. She should be a elf named Meyer, I’m an elven decker named Reeves. We got a card made of us for the sprawl ops  board game. They used the art in the base book page 237. And evidently used my name for her in the npc cards. Which awesome just wish they got the name right and the race. The story they made up and stats work.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <12-02-19/0010:26> »
Oh I see. At least she is one of the most powerful in the entire deck :) Btw how is that board game? I kinda want to try some board games but I'm never sure what to buy or if I should buy anything :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #13 on: <12-02-19/0048:34> »
I wish I could tell you, but the shipping company heavily screwed up so only USA has received games yet, Germany/Canada are underway and other countries are waiting for the reprint to finish and be shipped. :'( The game has been in my local store for a few months now and all I have are the NPC cards of all the backers.

What I remember from playtesting is that I really liked it, despite some flaws, and then the official rules they fixed all those flaws. ^_^ It's a nice worker placement resource-management game, with risk-taking possible.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-02-19/0149:42> »
Sounds interesting. I think I have ptsd from buying so many shitty board games back in the day and now I'm afraid to buy anything lol. I should look into it more though, could be fun.