NEWS

The nature of Juan Atzcapotzalco

• 23 Replies

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <10-15-10/1628:16> »
Gun nut,

Actually there is actually some mention in the Theran sourcebook that the Therans actually experiment with horrors. They also worship DIS and mad passion. So I would not put it pass by them to use horror for their own advantage.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <10-15-10/1635:37> »
Fastjack,

I'm not sure if its Earthroot but it was the Dragons who orginally shared info on building Kaers with the name givers.

In Cathay, where the relationship between namegivers and Dragons are very different(Dragons are considered almost gods), the population was protected by their Dragons in kaers. However Cathay was still devastated by the Horrors.

This is preety much mirrored in Shadowrun where East and Southeast Asia are dragon playgrounds(Lung, Ryumyo and Masaru).

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-15-10/1655:03> »
A note on the dangers of using horrors.

If you read the Theran sourcebook the Maraccans(Arabs) through their control of Djinns control horrors in a bloody guerilla war vs. the Therans.

So Horrors could actually be used as weapons by namegivers(kinda like putting a tuxedo on a nuke bomb and calling it a spy).

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <10-16-10/1738:09> »
Re: Why the Azzies wrote off Juan - don't forget, Dunkelzahn left a mysterious gift for Juan Atzcapotzalco in his will, a box that he had to open.  He apparently went to the Draco Foundation, opened it, then left with no apparent effect.
If they did have some hold on him, something tells me that Dunkelzahn freed him.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-17-10/0236:41> »
Yeah, but that bequest was in 2057. ~14 years later the Azzies let him get killed, apparently.

I'm trying to get this right cos it may be related/relevant to a min-campaign idea of mine.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-17-10/0901:46> »
Gun nut,

Actually there is actually some mention in the Theran sourcebook that the Therans actually experiment with horrors. They also worship DIS and mad passion. So I would not put it pass by them to use horror for their own advantage.

Yeah, but like you said in a later post, it's the Maraccans that are using Horrors against the Therans in a desperate attempt to kick them out.

The Therans always worshipped Dis (known as Erendis before the Scourge), but they don't acknowledge that the Passion went mad.  They are in a kind of denial regarding the Passion (they acknowledge that Raggok and Vestrial are mad, but not Dis).

The Horrors would actually hate for Dis to be worshipped and followed more widely.  Dis sucks out the passion for anything in life, including the emotions that the Horrors crave.  Now that I say it out loud, the Therans might be using Dis in a manner similar to the way the Blood Elves used the Ritual of Thorns:  as a means of starving out the Horrors.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <10-17-10/1822:49> »
Actually the Heavenherds are very interested in how the Djinns control horrors. So I do not put it above the Therans to try to control the horrors.

Also in relation to Equinox and pages 155-156 of the Theran sourcebook. The horrors in Earthdawn were bulding a beacon to stop the magic cycle in a certain stage similiar to what the Therans are trying to do. So looks like the humanity succeeded in building a beacon and thought they outsmarted the horrors.

Another conspiracy theory to throw your way, what if the Catholic church is actually controlled by Dragons, There is a dragon called Moleskin which lives under what is the Vatican or Rome in Earthdawn and is preaching the one true passion the Prima. Look it up in the Talea part of the theran sourcebook.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <10-17-10/2215:58> »
Yeah, but that bequest was in 2057. ~14 years later the Azzies let him get killed, apparently.
It was during the Yucatan peace conference about 6 years later, and they managed to frame a dragon shareholder to eliminate him at the same time.  Two birds with one stone.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #23 on: <10-25-10/0420:32> »
Actually the Heavenherds are very interested in how the Djinns control horrors. So I do not put it above the Therans to try to control the horrors.

Also in relation to Equinox and pages 155-156 of the Theran sourcebook. The horrors in Earthdawn were bulding a beacon to stop the magic cycle in a certain stage similiar to what the Therans are trying to do. So looks like the humanity succeeded in building a beacon and thought they outsmarted the horrors.

Another conspiracy theory to throw your way, what if the Catholic church is actually controlled by Dragons, There is a dragon called Moleskin which lives under what is the Vatican or Rome in Earthdawn and is preaching the one true passion the Prima. Look it up in the Talea part of the theran sourcebook.

In fact, there os more questions concerning Catholics... Wasn`t it was a Christian (Catholic) order (St. Felix order) that knows the right rite to denny the Shedim to take controll of the dead bodies? (sb: Year of the Commet, if I do remember exactly...)

Where this knowledge came from?