Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #15 on: <11-10-15/1252:33> »
@ realbrit70

No love on the trace icon.

@ DKrogh

Fox is a high end Fixer and Johnson.  He's well connected and sets up jobs for... well... just about anyone and everyone.  Corps, Crime Rings, Gangers... if they can pay his fee, he'll fix the game.  He's a straight shooter but known to be a bit dispassionate towards his assets.  He has a sort of 'You knew what you were getting into, so it's not my problem' attitude.  You get the job, you get the parameters, and you are expected to perform.

There are stories of a few times when he's been double crossed by Shadowrunners, by Corporate fixers, Johnson's, Mafioso's... usually followed by a story of those individuals disappearing...

Elliot's

A first-class French restaurant on the waterfront, known for its choices of both soy and meat items. Soy choices are so expertly prepared, some like them better than the real thing! The views of the waterfront and the Sound are spectacular, particularly at night, with the tables lit by candlelight, making this a great spot for a romantic dinner.

It used to be a snobbish establishment but in this decade it's become more inviting, the result of tireless work by current owner Tom Cantrelli, who is said to be in the pocket of the Gianelli family.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <11-10-15/1307:43> »
How much for something not armored and off-the-rack that I can pick up on the way to the meet? I want to make it to the meet early to recon the area.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-10-15/1314:35> »
200 - 500 for a non fitted suit.  It'll look cheap but should get you in the door.

Fitted is gonna cost more since you'll be asking them to do a rush job, so double the price, 400 to 1000.  400 for cheap duds and 1000 for a snazzy suit.  But unarmored.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-10-15/1620:04> »
When you guys make expenditures and shoot bullets,etc, if it's easier to make the note on your placeholder rather than updating your actual Portal Character sheet every time, I'll roll it all up at the end of the run.  I'm happy entrusting you guys to do it yourself on your sheet, but then it's definitely up to you to do it without omitting anything!
« Last Edit: <11-10-15/1621:56> by Jayde Moon »

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <11-10-15/1836:19> »
@Jayde

Cost of a cab from the edge of the Barrens to the Waterfront? 20Y?

Once Walks In Cloud is in the general area of the restaurant he'll start to ping local PAN/commlink devices taking a single automatic success to query each non-silent device for it's commcode looking for a match. He'll concentrate on those heading into the restaurant or any PAN/commlink device that appears to be staying within the automatic perception range of 100m.

He'll also perform the occasional active check for hidden devices:

Active Matrix Perception Check 1: 2 hits / -2 for accessing Matrix from AR
Active Matrix Perception Check 2: 2 hits / -2 for accessing Matrix from AR
Active Matrix Perception Check 3: 4 hits / -2 for accessing Matrix from AR

This will continue once he enters the restaurant before the meet starts
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

DKrogh

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-10-15/2016:46> »
Search for looking for anyone that doesn't belong.

Perception 11+ Visual Spec 2 + Actively looking 3: 16d6t5 4 4 Hits

Assencing anyone that doesn't belong. I am rolling a few times for easy reference.

Assencing anyone out of place +9 dice: 3#9d6t5 0 4 2 0 Hits,, 4 Hits & 2 Hits

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <11-10-15/2023:05> »
Dice roll for the perimeter check

Perimeter Check( Perception 10 + Searching Spec 2 + Actively Looking 3: 15d6t5 3 3 HIts
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Zeroman

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-10-15/2112:09> »
While walking up to Elliot's
Looking for out of place people entering Elliot's.: 11d6t5 4

While sitting at the bar or table in Elliot's
Paying attention at the bar if people are looking at him a bit more than normal.: 11d6t5 7

Trying to do this without drawing too much attention to myself seeing that we all seemed to decide to come early.
Thoughts
Zeroman Speech
Freyr Speech
Freyja Speech

[I did not make my avatar and give all credit to the artist that did.]

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-11-15/1344:04> »
@ realbrit70

Oh, there are hidden devices, you could spend quite some time trying to reveal them all, and if you do, operate with divided attention at the table with Mr. Johnson, affording you a -2 to all activities besides the matrix perception tests.

@ DKrogh

The only people who 'don't belong' are some of these slots that showed up to head to Mr. Johnson's table with you.  Some of them look like they don't know how to wear the stylish suit they have, or just lifted any old sports jacket off a rack.  The black female(?) elf is awakened, and powerful.  So is the ork.

@ Zeroman and Ravensoracle

As with DKrogh, the perception tests net that the only people 'out of the ordinary' are the runners meeting up.

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <11-11-15/1355:54> »
@Jayde

Actually my intent was to identify the Johnson before he arrived and make sure it's not a trap. If I can't do that before being shown to the table and the start of the meet I'll drop the matrix perception.
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-11-15/1358:35> »
Yeah, the Johnson, as you might surmise from the IC post, was already on the premises.

I am giving a moment for TMD to arrive late with Patches before moving on without him.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <11-11-15/1739:06> »
I've got no problem holding off for a day or so to give TMD a chance to join the game.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-11-15/1941:56> »
TMD has informed me that he doesn't have the time to continue with us for the moment.  There is always next month.

Zeroman

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <11-12-15/1321:36> »
This might be a newbie question and something I should ask elsewhere since it doesn't really pertain to the campaign itself.
Do cybereyes stick out like a sore thumb? Or can they not use some sort of technological magic to hide them?
I can understand them being noticed by people that can detect implants or matrix signals and such, but just by looking, can I not hide them?
Thoughts
Zeroman Speech
Freyr Speech
Freyja Speech

[I did not make my avatar and give all credit to the artist that did.]

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <11-12-15/1334:15> »
From the 5e source book p453:

Cybereyes are available in any shape or color,
from “almost natural” to all chrome to solid glowing
purple and everything in between. Some models have
their color and pattern easily altered by downloading
a new skin.

So you can go "almost natural" but to my reading that suggests something a little off. Maybe if you pay more (alphaware through deltaware you get more realism?
Alternatively you could have just had the appropriate implants made to your natural eyes. What cybereyes give you is the potential of more stuff for less essence loss and a camera!
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal