NEWS

[StS IC] EMT Extraction

• 141 Replies

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <05-16-15/1748:29> »
"Yeah, she's right holding up spells does make it harder to do other things, but once, when I was traversing the Veil of Tibet, I held up seven different spells at the same time.  I'll leave this one up for now so that no one outside can hear in."
"What I wanna know is how did she fit a vehicle into that tiny little envelope?  That's some powerful mojo."
"Anyone wanna get a drink while we plan this out?  Anyone know anything about this place or our target? "

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <05-16-15/2200:36> »
I lean back against the wall as I speak up, "Well, I have heard about this guy recently on NeedleNet.  Run against NeoNet went bad.  Some newb decided to try and fight the HTR and Kingston got him out, but got caught himself.  I can try and get ahold of Blackout and see if he has at least a recent pic of the guy to ensure ID.  Hate to grab the wrong guy."

"I'll look into the hospital setup."  I look over to the Dwarf, "You're the doc, you familiar with hospital rules and such?  Any chance we can arrange this as a transfer, or extra testing?  I can try and push stuff through their system, but it would help if I knew how that normally works so it isn't too suspicious."  I nod to 'John', "I assume you can take lead on talking our way through any 'misunderstandings.  I can definitely cover the Matrix, and have some infiltration experience. "

Shaihulude

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <05-17-15/1200:50> »
Jujin goes over and looks in the envelope for his advance.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #33 on: <05-17-15/1342:47> »
Looking in the envelope, Jujin sees a credstick for each member of the team.  Slotting one, it reads out 4500¥.  Also in the envelope is a key with a plastic mage on the keychain.  It has an address:

7115 132nd Place SE Newcastle
That's just like... your opinion, man.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-17-15/1642:14> »
Raiden takes the key and looks at the key-chain as if divining some impossible secret from it, then takes the crestic and pockets it without checking it's contents. No need for anyone to think he's hard up for cash.

He leans on the table to face the rest of the team around the edges of the room, directing his first comment to Redline.

We bug-free in here or should we find somewhere else to talk business?

A plan has formed and the sooner the team hears it the sooner they can be a little richer.

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <05-17-15/2047:15> »
I walk over and pick up my credstick.  "Any other questions I should have for Blackout before I comm him?"  I ask while surveying the group.
« Last Edit: <05-17-15/2115:15> by WillAsher »

Shaihulude

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <05-18-15/0009:22> »
Jujin will take his credstick out of the envelope and pockets it.

"I have no questions, if this meeting is over?" He lays a small card down with his contact information on it on the table. He  nods to each person as he walks to the door. "I will be ready when you decide to go."

If there is nothing else, he will leave and go back to his apartment and wait for the green light.

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-18-15/0011:49> »
Cherie floats over and pockets her cred stick, takes out her meta link and starts fidgeting with it.  Holding it out from her body and scowling, she clearly has a disdain for the thing.  She seems to have trouble even figuring out how to turn it on (the others might be wonder to themselves why on earth she would turn it off in the first place) and place a call.  After a couple of mumbled curses and a tense moment where she looks like she's about to throw it at the wall in frustration, she settles down and the others can see her lips moving.  If anyone is really interested, and have the means to pick up a subvocalization, she can be heard to be saying, "hoi, Manny, how are things........ Yeah thanks for hooking me up with her, she' really quite beautiful...... Any how, look, I need a little help, I was wondering if you happened to have a pretty common piece of equipment, those Mage goggle you mentioned you had a while back?  Yeah? Thanks, I'll talk to you soon."  She then turns it back off. 
By now she has floated back over into the corner. And appears to be muttering and thinking to herself in pretty intense concentration as if she' trying to remember an important detail that is just out of grasp.  Those with keen hearing can hear her mutter to herself, "I know I heard something about that guy on the run just yesterday, was it Johnny who was talking about it? Was it Corrine?  Hmmm, and that Health Point place, I'm pretty sure I've heard about that before, but where? What? "

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <05-18-15/0605:25> »
Ravener spins up his comm and contacts Blackout.  "Heya.  Yeah, my team just got contracted to extract Kingston for a hospital.  Ms. Johnson said the extraction is 'good business'.  Pretty distinctive lady, pale with long ears.  I assume she was the one who hired your team.  Also said Kingston is in critical condition.  We are working out details, but for some info to help make sure things go smooth.  Just his ID info, any medical problems, and maybe anything else you think we really need to know..."

0zee

« Reply #39 on: <05-18-15/1509:25> »
Redline shook her head faintly at Raiden's question, tapping away at an AR window and comparing results of several interfaces. If she was able to detect anything, she'd cough at Raiden and jerk her head towards the exit. Otherwise, she'd offer the following.

"Nothing I can see. I would expect Ms. Johnson conducted her own review before holding the meet. Judging by the fact we're being contracted to rescue the target, not eliminate him, I doubt she'd have anything to gain by eliminating us in turn."

Redline's cybered-red gaze shifted over to the other oni as he retrieved a key from the envelope, provoking some interest in her despite her hesitation of him. "I believe those are our wheels. I don't think rigging interfaces come standard in ambulances, though."

Lastly, she'd try to catch Ravener's attention, adding an inquiry for him to relay to his contact. "Any regular deliveries made to the hospital, medical waste collection? We need an in for whoever isn't walking in wearing scrubs."
« Last Edit: <05-18-15/2001:59> by 0zee »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #40 on: <05-18-15/1714:09> »
@ Ravener

Good of Ms. Johnson to follow up like this, spose.  I ain't got no... dossers or shit on people I work with, but I got a picture and here's some shit.

A file is attached to the message.

@ Redline

Redline finds nothing to indicate the room is bugged.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <05-18-15/1735:04> »
"Thanks.  Pic helps.  Just making sure he doesn't have any weird allergies.  Later."  Ravener shuts down the call and creates an ARO with Kingston's pic for each of his fellow runners.  As the images glide across the room to settle in front of each person he comments, "That's Kingston.  His fellow runner didn't know of any special medical conditions or allergies."  He nods to the Whiskey. 

"So, how are we going about this?  Fake a transfer to a different hospital?  Fake out transferring him to a different ward, then sneak him out?  I would rather not shoot up a hospital, obviously."  He looks to each of his fellow runners looking for input.

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <05-18-15/2349:44> »
Cherie looks up from trying to remember details of what she's heard and says, "Or we could make it look like he's dead and intercept him in the morgue.  Not actually kill him, just make look that way.  They won't be looking for a dead body.  Or I could have a spirit possess him, and run and jump out the window; one of you big guys catch him, and throw him in the back of the ambulance, and we hightail it outta there.  It's quick, easy peasy."  She pauses, "though I think that that plan might have some problems with execution."   
« Last Edit: <05-18-15/2352:22> by Forrest »

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-19-15/1954:26> »
I agree, that's pretty risky. The 'fake his death' plan is workable, getting into his room shouldn't be too hard with a few good fakes and uniforms. However we should keep in mind that he's there awaiting 'trail' so there's probably extra security on him. We'd either need to be someone who they'd let pass or have a way to make entering the room more important then keeping him secure. Say if he were to suffer some kind of seizure or emergency. Then the nearest doctor rushes past KE, spouts useful medical jargon and rushes him out of the room. Then all we have to do is intercept the security detail, put him in the ambulance and drink to succes. Thoughts?

0zee

« Reply #44 on: <05-20-15/1544:06> »
Redline's brow lowered at the pixie's mention of possession - no love lost between the oni and the habits of Awakened - but nodded faintly at the mention of faking the target's death to extract him. When an open question for thoughts was posed, she responded in a soft tone. Despite her thick Japanese accent, her sentences were concise, as if she'd laid them out in her head before raising her voice.

"If we can get a list of staff from the hospital, shift hours, and the room of our target, the fake emergency has potential. Come up with a reason for why he'd need to be moved to another facility, bring him to a kill zone near the ambulance where we can clear out the security, then load him up and bail with the cargo."

The oni shifted her gaze to Raiden and Whiskey. "The charismatic one and resident doctor would be the critical actors. Can you handle this?"

The question was equal parts sincere request for assessment and an effort to instill some self-doubt. Redline had been trained to never go into combat with a half empty mag; once you committed to a plan, you needed to know all the unknowns and ensure every element was solid to handle them.