NEWS

[SR5th-OOC] On the Run 2

• 143 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-18-14/0309:15> »
Well, the gold is a slight reference to they cybermen from Dr. Who. :D
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-18-14/1124:09> »
Celtibero, I noticed you kind of broke the rules for Karma at Chargen.

You start with 25 Karma free. Then you can take up to 25 more Karma in negative qualities. Right now you have 40 Karma in negative qualities.

This means you can spend a maximum of 50 karma at Chargen, provided you take the full 25 points of negative qualities. Right now it looks like you have about 59 Karma spent, so you will need to cut some stuff. I'm recommend dropping Code of Honor (your SIN alone brings you to the 25 negative karma cap). Then it's just a matter of cutting 9 karma points worth of stuff.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-18-14/1139:05> »
the extra 9 karma comes from the contacts free karma, charisma*3, page 98 contacts 1st paragraph last two lines.

the "extra" 15 karma from the warrior code I did not take into account, the karma I spent (apart from those 9 which where free) amounts to 50, i just taking the penalty and none of the bonuses (the karma proper) just for roleplay sake.

that is ofc my interpretation...
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-18-14/1214:11> »
the extra 9 karma comes from the contacts free karma, charisma*3, page 98 contacts 1st paragraph last two lines.

the "extra" 15 karma from the warrior code I did not take into account, the karma I spent (apart from those 9 which where free) amounts to 50, i just taking the penalty and none of the bonuses (the karma proper) just for roleplay sake.

that is ofc my interpretation...

That is the way I calculated it last night too.  The karma balances out with the extra nine coming from the free contact karma from page 98 of the core rule book.
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <03-18-14/1252:20> »
Ah, okay. My mistake.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-18-14/1254:34> »
The Red Queen is finished.
Resonance: A
Attributes: B
Skills: C
Metatype: D
Resources: E

[spoiler]
Name: Elizabeth Liddle
Alias:The Red Queen
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Nationality: Angelo Saxon?
Lifestyle: Squatter
Karma Left: 5
Karma Spent: 25 qualities + 10 to Str +10 to Resources
Physical Description:

While she hasn't been in the business for very long, she has been fairly successful so far. Unfortunately, as young as she is, she tends to have small pickings when it comes getting jobs.

She doesn't exactly know when she got the gift, having seen things before she assumes was the matrix then as well. Since becoming one she's made a few friends, sometimes literally as with Cheshire and Jabberwocky, two of her sprites.

Unlike the Red Queen in the books however, she's not a crazy head hunter, and actually likes Alice, the nickname for one of her contacts. Alice is the nickname of her legal supporter for her Wonderland Entourage. There is also The Mad Hatter, another contact that does a lot of her black market dealings. While not the most connected of allies, they are both very loyal to her.

She’s actually just a little bit ‘mad’ as her name sake would imply. Don’t let her life as a squatter fool you, she does enjoy the finer things in life, and seeks to be a better shadowrunner in order to get what she wants. Its quite often though, she surrounds herself with AOs to suggest a higher life style even if she is slumming it.

Attributes
Body AgilityReactionStrength
WillpowerLogicIntuitionCharisma
EdgeResonanceEssenceInitiative
5666+1d6
ComposureJudge IntentionsMemoryLift/Carry
Physical LimitMental LimitSocial Limit

Positive QualitiesValueNegative QualitiesValue
Quick healer-3Codeblock (Set Databomb)+10
Focused Concentration 2-8Distinctive Style(Red Coat)+5
Exceptional Attribute: Willpower-14Outspoken vs White Queen’s Group+5
Mild Allergy to Gold+5

Active Skills

Combat SkillsSpecializationsAttributeRanks
Pistol(Holdout)AGI+1(3)

Social SkillsSpecializationsAttributeRanks
Leadership(Influence Group)Cha+2
Etiquette(Influence Group)Cha+2
Negotation(Influence Group)Cha+2
Con(Fast Talk)Cha+2(4)

Hacking SkillsSpecializationsAttributeRanks
Compile(Machine Sprite) Res+5(7)
Register(Machine Sprite)Res+5(7)
Computer Use(Erase Mark)Log+3(5)
Hacking(Devices)Log+3(5)
Hardware(Change Owner)Log+3
Software -Log/Res+3
Electronic Warfare(Communications)Log+2(4)

Misc SkillsSpecializationsAttributeRanks
Perception-Init+3

Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 2 free points)
Hardware Cannibalization 3
Literature 3
Matrix Security Systems 3
Sprawl Life 3
Psychology 3
Strategies of War 3
Police Procedures 2

Language Skills
English N

Weapon ACC Reach Damage AP Avail Cost
XX xxxxx - xxxxx xxxxx - xxxxxY

Weapon ACC Damage AP Mode RC Ammo Avail Cost
Street 4(5) 6p - SA - 6(c) 4R 220Y

Armor Rating Mod 1 Mod 2 Mod 3 Mod 4 Avail Cost
Lined coat 9 - - - - 4 900Y
xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx - xxxx xxxxxY

Bio-Deck
Attack Data Processing Sleeze Firewall
5 5 5 7
Programs
none

Sprites

Jabberwocky(Fault Sprite)

Rating Attack Sleeze D.P. F.W. Init
L L+3 L L+1 L+2 (Lx2)+1
Powers               Skills
Electron Storm Com, Cyber, Hack

White Rabbit(Courier Sprite)
Rating Attack Sleeze D.P. F.W. Initiative
L L L+3 L+1 L+2 (Lx2)+1
Powers               Skills
Cookie, Hash   Com, Hack

March Hare(Crack Sprite)
Rating Attack Sleeze D.P. Firewall Initiative
L L L+3 L+2 L+1 (Lx2)+2
Powers             Skills
Suppression Com, E.W., Hack

Caterpillar(Data Sprite)
Rating Attack Sleeze D.P. F.W. Initiative
L L-1 L L+4 L+1 (Lx2)+4
Powers                     Skills
Camo, Watermark Com, E.W.

Cheshire Cat(Machine Sprite)
Rating Attack Sleeze D.P. Firewall Initiative
L L+1 L L+3 L+2 (Lx2)+3
Powers                   Skills
Diag, Grem, Stab Com, E.W., Hard

Complex Forms
Puppeteer
Resonance Veil
Cleaner
Static Veil
Diffusion of Firewall

Gear  (3675¥)
Rating
Availability
Cost
Renrau Sensei  1000¥
Jammer, Area 4 12F 800¥
Mapsoft, Seattle 4 100¥
Shopsoft, Electronics 4 150¥
Datasoft, Battle Strategies 4 120¥
Fake Sin 4 12F
10,000¥
Hardware Kit - 500¥
Glasses 4,Visx2, Mag,Link  3650¥
Contacts 3, Imglnk,low,flare 6 1375¥
Silencer 9F 500
Hidden Armslide 4R 350
Spare Clip x 5 25
Ammo x30 80
Miniwelder 250
Miniwelder Fuel Can 80
Survival Kit 4 200
Flashlight 25
Microflare Launcher 175
Microflare Red x2 50
Microflare Bluex2 50
Microflare greenx2 50
Medkit 6 1750
Squatter life (1) 500

Contacts
Contact C/L
Alice 2/5
Mad Hatter 2/5
[/spoiler]

I'll get it cleaned up here in a bit. But I should be completely ready to play.
« Last Edit: <03-18-14/1956:08> by Triskavanski »

Moneyspider

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-18-14/1443:32> »

Some how I totally missed that Paragraph, any objections if I rearrange a little to account for that?
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <03-18-14/1730:30> »

Some how I totally missed that Paragraph, any objections if I rearrange a little to account for that?

Sure.  Go ahead Money!
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-18-14/1956:56> »
There, almost fixed the broken formatting for the Red Queen

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <03-18-14/2139:54> »
i have given a physical description but i believe this picture shows what i had in mind as a far as fitness vs muscle goes, i had already shared with Sincereagape but here goes for the of you guys

wrong hair type/color and ethnicity but the rest is there :)

Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ShadoWarrior

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <03-19-14/0021:54> »
Dr. Patrick Greyhaven aka "Laughing Bear" (Street Shaman)

[spoiler]Race: Elf
Bod: 3
Agi: 2
Rea: 2
Str: 1
Wil: 6
Log: 5
Int: 5
Cha: 7
ESS: 6
EDG: 1
Mag: 6
Condition Monitor P/S: 10/11
Overflow: 3
Armor: 12
Limits: Mental 7, Physical 3, Social 9
Physical Init: 7+1d6
Astral Init: 10+2d6
Active Skills:   Alchemy 1 [7], Animal Handling 1 [8], Arcana 1 [6], Artificing 1 [7], Assensing 1 [6], Astral Combat 6 [12], Automatics 1 [3], Banishing 6 [12], Counterspelling 6 [12], First Aid 1 [6], Navigation 2 [7], Perception 6 [11], Spellcasting 6 [12], Summoning 6 [12], Survival 2 [8], Tracking 2 [7]
Knowledge Skills:   Critters 2 [7], Forensic Thaumaturgy 4 [9], Magic Theory 2 [7], Medicine 4 [9], Sioux Nation 2 [7], Salish-Shidhe 1 [6], Tir Tairngire 1 [6]
Languages: English N, Sioux 2, Sperethiel 2
Qualities:   Analytical Mind, Distinctive Style (tribal tattoos), Lost Loved One, Mentor Spirit (bear), National SIN, Quick Healer, Records on File (Knight Errant), Spirit Affinity (earth spirits)
Spells:   Analyze Truth, Antidote, Blast, Clairaudience, Combat Sense, Detect Magic, Fireball, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Influence, Lightning Bolt, Mind Probe
Gear:   Armor jacket (fire resistance 6, nonconductivity 6), Transys Avalon commlink [w/sim module], Trodes, 3 spare clips, Credstick (silver), Earbuds (capacity 3) [w/audio enhancement 3], Goggles (capacity 6) [w/flare compensation, image link, smartlink, vision enhancement 2, vision magnification], Quick-draw holster, Medkit (rating 6), Flashlight, Gas mask, Survival kit, Trauma patch, Stim patch (rating 6), Low Lifestyle (1 month w/extra security), Magical lodge 6
Weapons:   HK-227, Regular ammo (60 rounds), Gel rounds (30 rounds), Stick-n-Shock (30 rounds)
Contacts:   Police Detective (connection 3, loyalty 4), Talismonger (connection 4, loyalty 3), Tribal Bureaucrat (connection 3, loyalty 4)
Notes:   Low-Light Vision
Starting cash: 905 nuyen
1 Karma
Street Cred 0, Notoriety 0, Public Awareness 0[/spoiler]

Patrick Greyhaven was born January 25, 2011 in Denver, a couple of weeks after the start of the Awakening, and was put into the foster care system by his shocked, staunchly conservative Christian parents. In spite of being shuttled from one foster home to another during his early childhood, Patrick never seemed to lose his cheerfulness, friendliness, or curiosity, although it did begin to instill a degree of cynicism in the exceptionally bright young boy generally only seen in men decades older. Just as he began formal schooling, the effects of the Great Ghost Dance not only rocked the world around him, it had a profound effect directly upon him as this was when his spirit guide, Bear, first came to him and set him on the path to becoming a healer.

Patrick came of age and began college on a NAN ROTC scholarship just in time to have his education promptly disrupted by the Crash. Despite the chaos, he managed to continue his pre-med studies, completing his first degree in just two years in 2031. As a newly-commissioned First Lieutenant, he entered medical school in 2031. Four years later, graduating at the top of his class and promoted to Captain, Doctor Patrick Greyhaven began active duty service in the Wildcats special forces of the new Sioux Nation, assigned to the elite Spiritwalker unit. Called "Laughing Bear" by his compatriots, he served with distinction as a field medic and scout for 30 years, retiring at the rank of Colonel in 2065 shortly after the second Crash, when his wife and daughter went missing. Believing agents of Aztechnology to be behind the disappearance of his family, Colonel Greyhaven began a long search that led him through Tir and Salish lands and eventually to Seattle in 2066, where the trail went cold. Unable to make further progress, and determined to not give up, he settled down in the city to continue his quest.

Doctor Patrick Greyhaven splits his time between working as an attending physician at Travis Memorial hospital in Everett and as a consultant to Knight Errant, as an outside forensic investigator using his skills in magic and medicine to investigate unusual crime scenes. He also does odd jobs as a street doc for shadowrunners, which is known to his police contact who, for the most part, looks the other way. He lives very modestly, someone being unkind might say a tad shabbily, in a low-rent apartment near the hospital where he works. He does this both to be closer to those on the street who might someday, he prays, provide him a lead to pursue, and to save funds for his search. After nearly a decade without any new clues as to the whereabouts of his loved ones, he stubbornly refuses to abandon the hope that drives and sustains him.

Laughing Bear is loyal to his friends, cautiously curious, and slow to anger. Though his sense of humor is often sarcastic (bordering on acerbic), and cynical, he's rarely mean unless someone really has it coming to them. (In many respects he's much like "the Doctor" on Star Trek Voyager, though a bit more cheerful and friendly and with better bedside manners.) He's rather physically imposing for an elf. Unlike most of the metatype, he's not only tall at 6'3", he's also built like a professional football linebacker, broad-shouldered and weighing in at 250 pounds. However, that is where the similarity to an athlete ends. Patrick's muscles are weak, a result of injuries that he sustained in arcane combat while serving in the Wildcats, and his agility and reflexes have also suffered. He has a noticeable limp, and a slightly shuffling gait, using an ornate hand-carved walking stick to aid him, though he is able to manage passably well without it. In stark contrast to these signs of having lived a hard life, his tattoed face appears that of someone half his age, a gift of his metatype. His shoulder-length raven-black hair, bound into a ponytail by a simple leather strip, lacks any gray whatsoever, and welcoming brown eyes clearly betray the brilliant and insightful mind behind them. Doctor Greyhaven is well-liked and highly respected by his colleagues, his medical students, and by local law enforcement.

He recently met the runner going by the street name of "The Red Queen" (aka Elizabeth Liddle) when one of her runs went sideways.

For the GM (details of build process):
[spoiler]Priority Table - A:Magic, B:Attributes, C:Skills, D:Race, E:Resources
Skill Group: Outdoors
Qualities: Analytical Mind [-5], Distinctive Style (tribal tattoos) [+5], Lost Loved One [+5]¹, Mentor Spirit (bear) [-5], National SIN [+5], Quick Healer [-3], Records on File (Knight Errant) [+10]², Spirit Affinity (earth spirits) [-7] ... yields 5 bonus karma
¹4th ed. Runner's Companion, p.105
²4th ed. Runner's Companion, p.109
spent  9 karma to add 18k nuyen
spent 10 karma to acquire the Alchemy, Animal handling, Arcana, Artificing, and Automatics skills each at 1
spent 10 karma to acquire the Clairaudience and Influence spells

4,000   Armor jacket (fire resistance 6, nonconductivity 6)
 5,100   Transys Avalon commlink [w/sim module]
   70   Trodes
   15   3 spare clips
   20   Credstick (silver)
 1,650   Earbuds (capacity 3) [w/audio enhancement 3]
 3,825   Goggles (capacity 6) [w/flare compensation, image link, smartlink, vision enhancement 2, vision magnification]
   175   Quick-draw holster
 1,500   Medkit (rating 6)
   25   Flashlight
   200   Gas mask
   200   Survival kit
   500   Trauma patch
   150   Stim patch (rating 6)
 2,400   Low Lifestyle (1 month w/extra security)
 3,000   Magical lodge 6
   730   HK-227
   120   Regular ammo (60 rounds)
   75   Gel rounds (30 rounds)
   240   Stick-n-Shock (30 rounds)
------
23,995   nuyen spent
5 cash remaining + roll for starting cash: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4436333/;   (15x60) = 905[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-21-14/2223:43> by ShadoWarrior »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-19-14/0129:33> »
Elizabeth Liddle, quite insists that the run went longways. Very much so. It just didn't have much... muchiness about it!

;D

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <03-19-14/0140:45> »
Not to nitpick, but I just noticed something else about Celtibero's build. The cost of Power Points for Mystic Adepts has been changed in errata to be 5 per Power Point, not 2 per Power Point.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <03-19-14/0531:21> »
and you're correct sir :) its not nitpicking,not by by any means, reckon they messed up the balance there and it did need addressing. I also reckon i was totally oblivious about  the errata.

I´ll submit a list of changes to Sincereagape asap.
« Last Edit: <03-19-14/0601:13> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <03-19-14/1114:37> »
Hi everyone,

I am looking at a Friday or Saturday start time and date for the run. Hopefully invisible castle will have their act together. Otherwise I would not mind going off the honor system and have you guys roll at home just before submitting your posts.  I have had a pairings experience working with all of you through this process

@Celtibero- your character is fine with the two pp costs for power but you are more hen welcome to alter her in case you want to use her in future games with other game masters

Dice rolls will be written under the spoiler tags as shown in the first Ic post that will be up this weekend

Cheers,
agape
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral