Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Sixth World Companion alternate rules rampant speculation thread

(1/6) > >>

MercilessMing:
Alright we know the companion will have 'rules options', so what rules do you think we're likely to see out of this book?  I'm thinking, they better come up with something for Armor cause it's #1 on the annoyances list for a lot of people coming from 5th ed.  Hopefully we see alternate rules from Banshee's matrix FAQ show up as well.

What do you think Catalyst will include here?

Banshee:
Oh, I can't wait to see where this goes ... and to talk about it once I get out of NDA territory.

Now CGL just needs to get this released.

Redwulfe:
Honestly for the armor rules I hope they don’t go to adding them to soak as we currently have a few ways to this already and changing it back to a 5th Ed style would probably create a lot more problems than what it is worth.

But I wouldn’t mind a middle ground. Some like if the modified DV does not exceed your armor the damage is always stun. Only when physical damage exceeds armor could it remain physical. Though I still would want this to be only be an optional rule.

FastJack:
Lifepath options. More adept powers and spells.

Finstersang:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---Alright we know the companion will have 'rules options', so what rules do you think we're likely to see out of this book?  I'm thinking, they better come up with something for Armor cause it's #1 on the annoyances list for a lot of people coming from 5th ed.  Hopefully we see alternate rules from Banshee's matrix FAQ show up as well.

What do you think Catalyst will include here?

--- End quote ---

All in all, I´m moderately optimistic, BUT I´m almost 100% sure that there will be zilch, nada, zero about either Edge, Edge Limits, Armor (or AR/DR) in general. Everything is Ok, and everbody who complains is wrong and just doesn´t get the simplicity of a system where all the fancy numbers don´t matter half of the time. That´s the party line. Never back down from bad design choices, double down instead.

However: I´d be a bit surprised if there´s no Karmagen. Not completely surprised (since not adding it basically means doubling down on the shitty priority system), but still. I certainly hope there will be, although I already houseruled one for myself. A return of Lifepath Generation? Hmm, maybe. I actually hope not. It was a fun concept in 5th Edition, but it warrants more and more maintance and space in following sourcebooks.

Other than than, the expected stuff: Furry shit Changelings, Metavariants, Sapient Critters, Shapeshifters, maybe Drakes. Shitton of new Qualities (which would be very welcomed, because the current selection is indeed quite measly). No AIs, but they will maybe appear in the Hacker Supplement.

If I had a bold wish: Maybe a bit more fun for the augmented, since the augmentation Supplement is far ahead. Especially "Cyborgs" could use a bit of love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version