NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

  • 374 Replies
  • 56197 Views

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #30 on: <07-12-13/0605:24> »
Seems like a decent chap. You heading back upstairs?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #31 on: <07-12-13/0609:47> »
Joel resisted the urge to feel betrayed at the doctor's alleged abandonment. "May as well, haven't really had a proper chance to look for stuff." he turns to you, holding out a hand hesitantly to shake. "I should introduce myself now I have a chance to do so. Joel Smithson, thank you for your help earlier."
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #32 on: <07-12-13/0657:06> »
Hey, I'm Matt, good to meet you. It's no problem at all. The Dr seemed pretty twitchy about that stuff hitting the deck, figured it was either expensive or fragile!Yeah that drone system has a few kinks that need straightening out. They'll be fine in a few days. You after anything special today?
Matt follows Joel back to the stairs and heads to the main shopping level

//Danny boy, coolant is on offer at the rider today, you want me to grab a couple of litres for you?//
« Last Edit: <07-12-13/0813:04> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #33 on: <07-12-13/2107:03> »
"Not really. Took a look earlier for stuff from Wales, but nothing is here so I'm just browsing currently.  You?"
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #34 on: <07-12-13/2328:47> »
"Thanks, babycakes! That asshole is still livin' in the 20th century it seems."

Leroy looked around and wondered if he had time to check out some of the stores on his way back to the truck.  He really didn't want to go back.  He was bored as all hell.

Quick Message: Chief of Staff >>: Any other issues you need our assistance with, sir?

"This place is crazy... look at all these people..." he said, half to Miko without making eye contact.  He suddenly realized the irony of his statement. "Well, I mean I know you're lookin' at 'em, that's your job, but I mean like the bigger picture.  It's not just crowded... it's A LOT of people in a BIG space!"

NEW MESSAGE >> FROM: CARL_WORK: Yo, Leroy, what's the hold up? Are you preformin' open heart surgery in there or something? Get your ass back out here when you're done.  I swear to God if I find you in that damn lingerie store...

Leroy put his hand on his head, careful to not mess up his corn rolls, tilted his head back and let out a sigh.

QUICK REPLY>> TO: CARL_WORK: This'd go a lot faster if you'd remind me what your wife's size was.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #35 on: <07-13-13/0432:45> »
"It's a mall, what do you expect," Miko  said as she looked down on the dwarf (not that were was any other way), "well, I have to get back to my post.  names Miko by the way."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #36 on: <07-13-13/0437:14> »
Just having a mooch about after work to be honest. I wanna head back up and have a look at some autosofts and drone sensors while I'm here though, while everything is on offer I'd be daft not to. You from the UK then?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #37 on: <07-13-13/0652:35> »
--Leroy--
Quick reply >>From: Chief of Staff: Currently none, but we could use another set of eyes and ears inside. I'll arrange that with your colleagues, so please stay in Sector C.<<
And then, just as Leroy looked around, and got the message from Carl, he noticed a big AR sign showing the way to the Victoria Secret shop, just in the sector.

--Matt--
>>From: Danny boy: Thanks, man, send a 10-liter-can or two my way. I may have just the software upgrade you could use in return, we discuss this when we next meet.<<
« Last Edit: <07-13-13/0655:09> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #38 on: <07-13-13/0718:14> »
//Great stuff. Will do, are you around this weekend? I'll swing by and drop them off//

Matt opens a terminal on the Drone Shack's node and places an order for 3 10litre Containers for pickup in-store, whilst continuing to shoot the breeze with Joel as they traverse the stairs back up to the main shopping level.
Matt wanted to check out the de rotor store as well, maybe he could find some new sensors for his car, or some decent autosofts for his drones.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #39 on: <07-13-13/0732:45> »
"Yeah, came over here a bit before the last Pendragon appearance. We wanted to get away from the madness." The influence of his mentor spirit had been present even back then, persuading Joel to be loyal to his family. "We could go back, but we're more or less set up here, and I'm employed now so I couldn't  really  go back." He shrugged as they continued walking, stopping  briefly by the drone shack before continuing to wherever Matt wanted to go.

I suppose I could look for magical goods, but Steele tends to have what little I need anyway. Still, I suppose I could take a look at the magic departments later just to browse their stock. He was enjoying chatting with Matt. The young mage didn't get to socialise much, so it was always a pleasure to do so; at least it was a pleasure when it wasn't for business.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #40 on: <07-14-13/0643:14> »
Yeah I remember reading about that on the news. Some crazy stuff happened over in Europe. How old were you when that was all kicking off?
Matt transfers the funds over for the coolant and requests a drone transfer it to the holding bay in the contractors car park reading for loading. He didn't fancy lugging 30litres of fluid through the mall and across 350metres of access road to the car park on a hot day like this.
Matt wanted to swing by De Roto before heading home for the day but fancied a swift pint too.
Fancy a cheeky beer on the way back?
« Last Edit: <07-14-13/0712:11> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #41 on: <07-14-13/0647:01> »
Act I
Darkness Rising
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #42 on: <07-14-13/0648:20> »
--Leroy--
Leroy was lying face down, on a hard surface. His back hurt something savage, but he couldn't tell why. His last memory was some angry chat with a troll about some crazy human asshole, who didn't want to let him take care of his injured mother. As he opened his eyes, he noticed that the lights have changed: he would immediately identify emergency lighting in any kind of situation. As he turned his head to see what's up, he found himself staring directly into the eyes of a woman lying next to him - unmoving, hazy, dead eyes. He couldn't keep the scream inside.
[spoiler=Leroy's state]Take 2 Physical and 4 Stun damage. You are currently in somewhat of a shock.[/spoiler]

--Miko--
Miko remembered some kind of a stampede. Not the kind which was happening when they opened the building for the public. The kind where everybody runs for their lives, and to the hell with anybody who gets in their way. She was curdled up next to a wall, feeling some insignificant bruises about her body. She also remembered the screams... or did she hear this right now? She opened her eyes to look, and froze for a moment, not wanting to believe what they showed her. In the immediate vicinity, there were bodies sprawled in every position: on the ground, across a railing, on top of other bodies... What the hell happened here?
[spoiler=Miko's state]Take 3 Stun damage.[/spoiler]

--Joel--
Joel remembered a dream. A mixture of some predators and lots of prey were milling around, in a confined place, still not separating or fighting. Their actions were seemingly without sense or purpose, still, they gave a sense of some order on the whole. Suddenly, a wolf howled somewhere in their middle, and all became quiet, motionless. The howling repeated, and Joel realized that it was rather a scream, from somewhere near. He found himself lying across a bench, knee hurting where he probably hit it... but when, why? Opening his eyes, he saw that he wasn't the only one not on their feet. His hand almost touched another body, one lying face down in one of the fountain pools. It rocked on the water, to the rythm of the song the fountain was still playing and this was more than Joel could bear: he threw his stomach's content among the waves.
[spoiler=Joel's state]Take 2 Phyisical and 4 Stun damage[/spoiler]

--Matt--
Matt couldn't remember where he was and why. I was spacious but lit unwell. He was lying on his back, and the back of his head hurt. Reaching there, he felt clotted blood. Doing so, however, entailed raising his head, which left him speechless for a moment. There were bodies lying everywhere, motionless. No, one of them, leaning against a bench, was stirring. He seemed somewhat familiar but Matt couldn't remember from where - and while his mind went on this line on its own, probably just to close off other lines of thought, he saw the man vomiting into the fountain next to him.
[spoiler=Matt's state]Take 2 Physical and 4 Stun damage. You also can't remember what happened to you earlier this day.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-14-13/0656:17> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #43 on: <07-14-13/0700:09> »
Slowly, to avoid agravating the bruises, Miko got up and looked around.
"Miazawa to security center," she said, "emergency in... well, everywhere I guess.  Anybody there?"
She couldn't quite remember where she was in the big mall, but when she saw this, she figured there would be a general emergency.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #44 on: <07-14-13/0713:10> »
--Miko--
The answer on the comm didn't help Miko to calm down. "This is an automated reply played on all security channels. General emergency protocols active. To all general personnel: report to your appointed evacuation points. To all security personnel: take your posts according to emergency protocol C/2 and guide visitors to emergency exits in an orderly manner. You will be contacted by the Chief of Security with further orders. Repeat. This is an automated..."
While she listened to the answer, she heard the scream again. Looking around, she also remembered that this must be Sector C.
« Last Edit: <07-14-13/0714:52> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake