NEWS

A New GM starting a Gunrinning campaign.

• 32 Replies

Crash_00

« Reply #30 on: <03-30-12/1222:21> »
It can flop back and forth drastically from group to group really. My old group used to spend two sessions for almost every run, one for planning and one for the actual run. The only exceptions were usually runs that had to happen right then, and those were the only runs where we got into much combat at all usually. I think my street sam fired his SMG a whopping total of around twenty times during that entire campaign.

Most groups I've played with since prefer to do about 25% planning and 75% running.

Vale

• Newb
  • Living life one nuyen at a time.
« Reply #31 on: <03-30-12/1850:26> »
With my group dynamic, it''l most likely end up 60 percent planning, 40 percent running; it'd swing more in the way of planning if one of my players wasn't 10%:90%. I'll probably start them out as a cargo business to see how they handle it and if they enjoy it. If not, well, Stoli still has some very valuable contacts that could use an expendable freighting team.

On the subject of the map, is there anything else, internationally, that's changed?

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-30-12/1907:29> »
Start them as Cargo, and see how they like it as players.  If they start to balk, have their Cargo Company undergo a hostile takeover and it becomes a Freight Business. 

There's a pretty good write up of SE Asia in Shadows of Asia.  It's 3rd edition but didn't actually have much mechanics to speak of, so probably still valid enough.