NEWS

Any material on Lone Star and Knight Errant

• 5 Replies

Major Doom

• Chummer
« on: <09-27-10/1856:20> »
First off, I'm fairly new to Shadowrun.  So after reading several 4th Edition books, which liberally mention Lone Star and Knight Errant.  Are there any 4th Edition material that covers these two law enforcement agencies?  Such as operating procedures, jurisdiction, standard gear, etc.?  Are there any other law enforcement agencies (aside from NYPD Inc. from Manhattan Rotten Apple)?
"Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort, and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
-- Jack Burton

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-10/1926:57> »
Lone Star is it's own corporation, Knight Errant is a division of Ares Macrotechnology. Both have contracts in various countries and with other corporations to provide security, but there are other agencies out there. For instance, The Garda is the law in Tír na nÓg. There's no current 4th Edition book that covers all the LEA's in the Sixth World, but they maybe covered in future products.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-10/1941:41> »
Vice has a pretty good section on the LEAs, with specific details about the major players.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-27-10/2026:05> »
Vice has a pretty good section on the LEAs, with specific details about the major players.
Sonova... I've really got to get these projects done. They're messing with my mental index of what I've read.

BlackMyron's right of course, Vice has a section covering updates on Lone Star and Knight Errant in 2072 and also info on Scotland Yard and Neotokyo Police.

Major Doom

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-28-10/0840:29> »
Excellent, I will DL and have a look.  ;D
"Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort, and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
-- Jack Burton

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-30-10/0539:40> »
Lone Star also had their own book in second or third edition, most of the info there is still totally valid.
"An it harm none, do what you will"