NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

adzling

« Reply #105 on: <07-01-18/1219:19> »
i'd drop Gymnastics to 1 (so no defaulting), drop automatics to 4 (machine pistol 2) which still leave him combat effective with guns.

that frees up 3 points to increase Assensing (not arcana) to 6, which is good enough.

if he wants to go hand to hand then i'd swap out Arcana for unarmed or blades maybe.

but imho that's gonna gimp him for any future initiations.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #106 on: <07-01-18/1505:26> »
Melee is not in the cards. That's for sure.
I'll mess with it. Perception is easily tech boostable.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <07-01-18/1508:09> »
Maybe something like?
Magic A Skills B Attributes B Meta E Resources E?

Attributes:
B 3
S 1
A 4
R 4
I  4
L 2*
W 5
C  6
*10 karma

Skills:
Automatics 6 (Machine Pistol) +2
Summoning 6 (Beast Spirits)+2
Binding 6
Spellcasting 6
Counter Spelling 6
Arcane 4
Perception 2
Gymnastics 1
Assensing 6 (Aura reading +2)
Influence Skill Group 5

better?
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #108 on: <07-01-18/1907:22> »
I gave him blades cause power and mana blade seemed terrifyingly effective. Was I mistaken?

Also, should I really go influence if we already have a face?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <07-01-18/1926:02> »
i generally ignore the existence of those spells. Their wording is problematic, and as Mage especially in blacktrench coat you really don't want to be identified as a mage, or have anything to do with melee combat (Leave that to the bullet sponges). So running around with a lightsaber is ideally to be avoided. My recommendation would be to stick with a single target and an aoe indirect spell, (Pick your preferred element), if you feel like you need another combat spell, the grab stun bolt. Then stack the rest of your spells, with utility (Heal, Levitate, Improved Reflex, Armor, Improved Cha,  Improved Will, Improved Invisibility, Mind probe, forget, etc). It's often fun to save a spell slot or two for spells that say something about your character. Maybe that's Fashion so you make a fresh new look everyday, or one of the illusion AoE types that you use to great effect at parties, but something fun.  Make sure you have sustaining focus improved Reflexes or another method to keep it up, and consider if you want to invest in any other foci.

Given that he is cha primary, it just fit well, Skill group have issues, in that you can't spec them in generation, and I avoid breaking up high numbers. But it's true you're not the face. Generally accept wisdom says most characters should pack some level etiquette and con. But it's not critical to the build outlined, so if you have another preference feel free.
« Last Edit: <07-01-18/1932:32> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #110 on: <07-02-18/0306:37> »
Marcus is right, the saying "Geek the mage first" is a saying for a reason. mind magics can get you into trouble quick. Influence skill group would not be a bad thing though as you can help the face. and the Face may not be able to be everywhere at once. so back up face is a good deal.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #111 on: <07-02-18/0351:03> »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #112 on: <07-02-18/0552:32> »
Alright, went with Influence cause it seemed the best choice, and made a few more changes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFqMcxfr7ZYTD0L9MWYYCLGp-dnu2HyO/view?usp=sharing

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #113 on: <07-02-18/0730:24> »
Back from the stag do and back to civilisation. Looks like things got started over the weekend, you wanting us to jump in with character descriptions etc or hang on for next story post?
« Last Edit: <07-02-18/0756:28> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <07-02-18/0915:46> »
Welcome back! I hope the Stag do was fun, any good stories? We have been up to no good that's for certain 8)

Blackshade are you finished with the design? ie Should I stop bugging you with suggest changes?
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #115 on: <07-02-18/0920:38> »
I mean I took a lot of your suggestions into account and narrowed my focus.  I have to fix some gear and finish spending karma.

Is there anything I missed that you guys suggested?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <07-02-18/0926:26> »
Having done character building advice for awhile I know it can get annoying so I'm perfectly happy to stop if that what you wish.
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #117 on: <07-02-18/0931:19> »
It doesn't bother me.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #118 on: <07-02-18/0937:19> »
Back from the stag do and back to civilisation. Looks like things got started over the weekend, you wanting us to jump in with character descriptions etc or hang on for next story post?

Currently my plan is to have each character come in one at a time with me giving an intro post that introduces to the game. Ichirou is contacting the person he knows which is Ban Dolo Adzlings character and from him the team will get constructed through everyones mutual fixer contact Cowboy. As we get to each person you can write your intro and subsequently answer the call thus entering the game as a whole. Or at least that is my plan. :)

We will continue to use his thread to ask question, especially of me if you have any and potentially link our dice rolls and such.

I have been thinking of using a communal roll 20 table for maps, images, journal entries, combat help, and dice rolls as well as OOC talk if we want. Would anyone not want to use that? It is a free resource for you all.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #119 on: <07-02-18/1004:17> »
Roll20 is great, I'm for it.