NEWS

Looking for a Carribean Leagues reference

• 6 Replies

Boneguard

• Newb
« on: <03-08-20/1416:53> »
Good Day,

I was seeking a reference regarding the Carribean Leagues which I thought was in Hard Targets, but it doesn't look like it.

Unless I dreamt it (which is totally possible), I recall seeing somewhere a list that showed when the various islands joind the League (other the Porto Rico and South Florida that is).

If it is not a figment of my imagination, could anyone remember where it was and point me out in the right direction.

Thank you.

Trigger Lynx

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-08-20/2128:47> »
Sixth World Almanac [4e] has some stuff.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-09-20/1336:01> »
Cyberpirates has the most extensive information available on the Caribbean League. That's what I used when I had my runners make a pit stop there.

If you just want a list of which islands joined it, check out the Shadowrun wiki (one of them anyway): https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/Caribbean_League

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-20/1338:47> »
Note that for most of SR's history Miami has been part of the Carib League, but recently it hasn't been.  Not 100% if it's a retcon or if the territory changed hands in-universe.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-20/1750:47> »
Note that for most of SR's history Miami has been part of the Carib League, but recently it hasn't been.  Not 100% if it's a retcon or if the territory changed hands in-universe.

It's an in-universe change. The CAS army moved into Miami and declared Florida unified (Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia, p.41).

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-20/1816:45> »
Cyberpirates, The Sixth World Almanacs and the unpublished chapter of Shadows of Latin America are great resources, but not finding what I'mm looking for.

I was looking at using one of the French Islands (Saint Barth. Martinique, Guadeloupe or Saint Martin) for a background and I was sure I saw date of entry somewhere. Guess I dreamt it.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-09-20/2346:43> »
Cyberpirates, The Sixth World Almanacs and the unpublished chapter of Shadows of Latin America are great resources, but not finding what I'mm looking for. I was looking at using one of the French Islands (Saint Barth. Martinique, Guadeloupe or Saint Martin) for a background and I was sure I saw date of entry somewhere. Guess I dreamt it.

Hard Targets, page 137 (Life Modules, Nationality, Caribbean League):
The Caribbean League is a loose confederation consisting of the following island nations: Andros, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Culebra, Curaçao, Dominican Republic Territories, Eleuthera, Grand Bahama Island, Great Abaco, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, New Province, Saba, South Florida, St. Barts, St. Croix, St. Eustatius, St. John, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Vincent and the Grenadine, Tortola, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Vieques, Virgin Gorda.