NEWS

Gencon, baby!

• 89 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-25-11/2328:46> »
Hmmm... You could do a Shadowrun-themed wedding. You'd be Slamm-0! and she'd be Netcat. Afterwards, we can write it up and put it in a Missions book! ;)

I've got enough stress with this wedding, I don't need nutjobs like you guys making things worse.

:-p
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Outrider45

« Reply #46 on: <01-26-11/1859:40> »
Anyway, you are going to be running Shadowrun all night long at the hotel Fastjack? ;D
Maybe we could have a Shadowrun game with paintball guns!!! Hotel might not appreciate that though.

As long as its not held in the room we've got (cause that would cause the wife to go Ghostdance on my arse)...that sounds like a grand idea.

As for FastJack's age.....you know I'll leave him alone tonight. However I will share stories about him in public if alcohol is properly applied to my better judgement. What was the name of that pub again?

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <01-26-11/1905:48> »
You know, my mother (who is in her 80s) never misses an opportunity to tell embarrassing stories about me in public. I really wish that she was like you Outrider45... requiring the application of alcohol to her judgment.

I looked all through the Kama Sutra and for the life of me I did not find any entries about Ghostdancing and arses so I'm going to chalk that one up to something you kids have thought up recently!  ;D
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Outrider45

« Reply #48 on: <01-26-11/1914:53> »
You know, my mother (who is in her 80s) never misses an opportunity to tell embarrassing stories about me in public. I really wish that she was like you Outrider45... requiring the application of alcohol to her judgment.

I looked all through the Kama Sutra and for the life of me I did not find any entries about Ghostdancing and arses so I'm going to chalk that one up to something you kids have thought up recently!  ;D

As for Ghostdancing that arse.....its more the violent reaction of my wife kicking me out of the hotel window and onto the streets below. Like a massive volcanic reaction. And after FastJack takes a picture of my twitching form (and possibly "borrows" my wallet) then posts said pic up here...then he'll call the DocWagon to get me fixed up.

And if I *EVER* find anything in a Kama Sutra style book that remotely covers that technique....I'll share. Chances are its in the Necronomicon.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <01-26-11/1920:20> »
There simply isn't anything that I can add to your last post. LOL
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #50 on: <01-26-11/2123:26> »
Any place called "Claddagh" had BETTER damned well have some good pub grub, though.  I'm gonna be hitting Gencon freshly home from studying abroad in Scotland for part of the summer, so my expectations for authentic, pseudo-Celtic pub food will be very high.   :D

Place with the same name near where I live. If it's the same place; great food, and lots of Guniess....hehehe Lots of Guniess.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <01-26-11/2216:41> »
Screw the beer.  The place has a pretty solid whiskey menu.  I remember that we tried a ton of them on Wednesday night, then me and a friend went back Friday and tried them all.  Alcatraz still has better beer, but when you want irish whiskey, it's the spot to be.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: <01-27-11/1015:33> »
Well they're missing a few really good ones there, but I've been spoiled by actually being to the Emerald Isle.  Now if they had some 'Writer's Tears' it'd all be good...  I'll have to see if they carry any Knappogue Castle.  Brought a bottle home with me; and its REALLY good stuff
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <01-27-11/1533:08> »
Well they're missing a few really good ones there, but I've been spoiled by actually being to the Emerald Isle.  Now if they had some 'Writer's Tears' it'd all be good...  I'll have to see if they carry any Knappogue Castle.  Brought a bottle home with me; and its REALLY good stuff

Of course.  There's no way a chain "Irish Pub" in Indiana is going to hold a candle to the genuine article.  But for what it is, namely an alcoholic's answer to a theme restaurant, it's pretty solid.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: <01-28-11/0920:01> »
Actually, they do well.  Dublin Pu here in Dayton does better, but they go out on a limb to import more.  THings like 'Writer's Tears" and Knappogue are not imported yet that I know of, so of course chains won't carry them.

Gotta get my liver in shape for whisky flights though
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #56 on: <05-06-11/1736:57> »
Our events are largely sold out at this point, though there are tickets still available to certain events. 

If you tried signing up and couldn't get in, well, you still have a couple options.

1)  Show up with Generics in hand.  No shows happen, so there's a chance there will be an open spot even though the game is sold out.

2)  Come GM for us!  Yeah, not the same as playing, but it's still Shadowrun goodness, and you get the experience of helping others have fun with the events!  Plus you can get a free badge, some compensation for your hotel room, and even some free Shadowrun stuff! :)

Yes, #2 means we still could use a couple Gamemasters for the convention.  So if you're interested, drop us a line at srconvention(at)gmail.com!

Bull

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <05-06-11/1837:46> »
I'm going to try to finish CC as quickly as possible and then run my ass over to do the Scramble.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #58 on: <05-06-11/2009:38> »
Yeah, unfortunately there's a bit of distance between the two. :(  But, the scramble usually takes a bit to get organized and moving, and in theory most RPG events should be done by Quarter till (Though that's not always the case).

You should be fine.  And we'll likely have a few GMs making the trek from one to the other as well.

Bull

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <05-07-11/0139:23> »
Well, I've ... n/m. I can do for a run.