NEWS

Street Legends Supplemental now out--ten more characters to play with!

• 226 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #105 on: <01-09-12/1410:42> »
Make allowances for people who don't have English as a primary language, Sengir. Redwolf has said, I believe, that he is Israeli.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #106 on: <01-09-12/1412:47> »
Make allowances for people who don't have English as a primary language, Sengir. Redwolf has said, I believe, that he is Israeli.
His profile says he's Israeli.  I usually check the profile before I call someone on bad everything.

All it takes is a drunken post to give someone a bad name if they're typing in their native language.  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #107 on: <01-09-12/1443:32> »
Obviously, discussing errors in the books with somebody who can't even be bothered to write sumtin legibil is somewhat pointless...
Sengir, you of all people, being in Germany, should know this is an international forum and not everyone has either a good translation program or has studied English as a second language.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #108 on: <01-09-12/1500:06> »
I want to take an "Or'Zet as a Second Language" course.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #109 on: <01-09-12/1620:48> »
Obviously, discussing errors in the books with somebody who can't even be bothered to write sumtin legibil is somewhat pointless...
Sengir, you of all people, being in Germany, should know this is an international forum and not everyone has either a good translation program or has studied English as a second language.
There is a difference between people who just are not that good at English and those who just think that all the cool kids on the net have to speak like that. Phrases like "sens like butty is in the i that look" sound clearly like the latter case to me...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #110 on: <01-09-12/1642:40> »
There is a difference between people who just are not that good at English and those who just think that all the cool kids on the net have to speak like that. Phrases like "sens like butty is in the i that look" sound clearly like the latter case to me...
Many times, I'd agree with you, but I've seen him already apologize for his poor translations in other threads. The key is to give non-English speakers some slack, much like I hope to have posters in non-English forums giving me some slack.

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #111 on: <01-10-12/0408:15> »
sengir  you print what ever you wont in ivrit and not work with dicttionery + having adisslection problem and then come to talk to me i change so many words in my posting do to speling problem .
and you can trust me when i say i only askd you aQ
« Last Edit: <01-10-12/0416:28> by redwolf »
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #112 on: <01-10-12/0441:09> »
redwolf, try writing your replies in Word (or similar) first and then copy and past into your post here.  Its what I do (when I remember and I'm not too lazy).
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #113 on: <01-10-12/0457:45> »
i'm at work  for most of the time i'm in the forum and the pc is allso the cash register so that's bit hard but thenk  for the tip
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <01-10-12/0535:07> »
You know..I like this book. First, it has the two Jackpointers I have been most curious about: Mihoshi Oni and Smiling Bandit
in it. Second: We can FINALLY try and kill that damned painted daisy-eater! (key word: try...)

I just want to see dev/grrl, FastJack, and Pistons now!(OK..and NetCat and Picador)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #115 on: <01-10-12/0731:14> »
I do have to admit, I love reading the Smiling Bandit and Slamm-0! entries written by Clockwork. The first shows that he couldn't find anything of note and the second shows how much of a bigoted idiot he is. It's not easy to write stuff like that. ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #116 on: <01-10-12/0842:00> »
Bigoted idiot can be easy to write from a writing point of view.  It just makes you feel dirty and sit in the shower for hours with the water on hot, and still never feel clean afterwards.

I usually suggest a purgative.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <01-10-12/1112:39> »
Back in the day, I used to play on a Shadowrun MUSH and, there, I got to play a ranking Humanis member, which means I ha dto go around and flip all kinds of racial investives and soft backhands for public speeches. That was *horribly* fun from a writing challenge and, one of these days, I might push him out as a villain for people who need a good racist hoop to kick around for a while. Villains are a *blast* to perfom as... just ask any wrestler. :)

Now, as for Street Legends: Supplemental, I picked it up last night and have been printing it out as ink allows. (Had to go buy a new blue halfway through. That's what I get for gambling on the 'replace soon' warning, neh?) ... some of these entries are just *neat*. I don't think I've glanced over the mechanics of anyone yet, just the backstory. Buttercup was given a more sinister vibe than expected (And the art backs that up. Oddly, I also would have pegged her weight a full 10 kg less than listed.) Clockwork talking about silent intrusion, and having data on Netcat's kid, was creepy, and you can see why certain attitudes bother him due to his own viewpoint.

As an aside, Clockwork needs to do something soon. His rep has to be tanked and he's turning into a one-note machine of Technomancer hate. Fastjack invited him for a reason and we need to see why a bit more.

Street Rage helps give us some kind of famous Troll, which was needed, Hard Exit was different than I expected, but close. Kane's write-up showed that he was a tad more complex than expected ... much like Muhammed Ali, his mouth and bold statements get him air time, but his actual SKILL is legit and he takes precautions behind the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a letter of Marque from Texas. :) "What? That 'Kane' fellow? Terrible man, low-life no-good scummy pirate. Why would you think he's been docking in our ports? Simply outrageous." (... and somehow I went with 'British' instead of 'Texan' for that. Hrm.)

The Smiling Bandit has one of the best bits of artwork, ever. I don't know why, but I absolutely LOVE this.

I'm a bit surprised at Damien Knight's Commlink. On the one hand, he was the Echo Mirage leader and one of teh first Deckers. On the othe rhand, it seems like he's more worried about finances and physical fitness these days and would have let his tech-dedcation get a bit rusty. Ares isn't known as a tech giant, so I would have pegged his gear lower than 10's across the board. Of course, there's also the old rumor that he's actually Fastjack, so...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #118 on: <01-10-12/1116:21> »
I don't think Damien was one of the first deckers, per se, just the military guy in-charge of the first deckers.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #119 on: <01-10-12/1121:59> »
I don't think Damien was one of the first deckers, per se, just the military guy in-charge of the first deckers.
Which means he knows about computers *AND* firearms.

No wonder Ares invented the Smartgun System!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11