Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

SR6 FAQ

<< < (10/12) > >>

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---
--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---Anyhow, when I personally run, non-combat dispels are only going to happen as a result of failed warnings, failed license checks, or shocking player stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Oh, agreed. 

You absolutely have a point about the possibility of a spell being dispelled "just because it's easy to do it" is not a nice thing for a GM to do.  But if it makes sense in the context of what's going on?  Well... it's easy to rip down!

--- End quote ---

Its one of the few things a security mage can do from the astral, so I'd see it as commonplace.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I'm sure that in the Sixth World there are "no magic allowed on the premises" signs that are as common as "no weapons allowed" signs.  For all the same reasons.

--- End quote ---

That would be my assumption. I mean I'd think they'd first just ask you to leave or stop the spell in most environments, secure enough ones might start off with a dispel.

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---Yeah.  I'm sure that in the Sixth World there are "no magic allowed on the premises" signs that are as common as "no weapons allowed" signs.  For all the same reasons.

--- End quote ---
*Scribbles down enthousiastically for future reference*

Lormyr:
Another thought for consideration is martial arts. Currently they cannot be learned at chargen due to the CRB's karma spending stipulations, but I really think that is awfully silly, and we should alter that to include martial arts and techniques either via errata or for SRM specifically through FAQ.

Sir Ludwig:
Lormyr:

I agree, in the two games I am running (adults and for my son {14-17})   I allow martial arts in Chargen.

I believe/think it's just not knowing what is happening in the future.

Best,
SL

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---Another thought for consideration is martial arts. Currently they cannot be learned at chargen due to the CRB's karma spending stipulations, but I really think that is awfully silly, and we should alter that to include martial arts and techniques either via errata or for SRM specifically through FAQ.

--- End quote ---

Martial Arts didn't exist when the CRB was written.  As they contain no restriction on when you can get them I think it's fair to presume they're char gen legal. 

I would also presume whenever Adept Ways gets re-printed they would be char gen legal unless they have an initiation requirement or something. 

Expecting CRB Errata every time a new thing comes along just isn't practical.  If a new thing has some kind of requirement or acquisition restriction I would expect that to be explicitly stated in the rules for acquiring that new thing. 

Which is a bizzaro double standard as stuff in the CRB I consider excluded unless listed.  But there isn't any way we're getting CRB Errata with every splat book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version