Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

SR6 FAQ

<< < (9/12) > >>

Lormyr:
My nerd! <3

Sir Ludwig:
SSDR,

I think the new documents will be a nice addition, do you have an ETA?

Thanks,
SL

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---For what it's worth, this time around we're making a sister document to the SRM FAQ, a GM Primer intended for GM eyes.  It's not that players can't look at it (indeed, a player one week is the GM another week?) but the doc is solely dedicated to GMing questions and providing advice for consistent experiences across SRM tables.

--- End quote ---

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---Anyhow, when I personally run, non-combat dispels are only going to happen as a result of failed warnings, failed license checks, or shocking player stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Oh, agreed. 

You absolutely have a point about the possibility of a spell being dispelled "just because it's easy to do it" is not a nice thing for a GM to do.  But if it makes sense in the context of what's going on?  Well... it's easy to rip down!

--- End quote ---

Its one of the few things a security mage can do from the astral, so I'd see it as commonplace.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---
--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---Anyhow, when I personally run, non-combat dispels are only going to happen as a result of failed warnings, failed license checks, or shocking player stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Oh, agreed. 

You absolutely have a point about the possibility of a spell being dispelled "just because it's easy to do it" is not a nice thing for a GM to do.  But if it makes sense in the context of what's going on?  Well... it's easy to rip down!

--- End quote ---

Its one of the few things a security mage can do from the astral, so I'd see it as commonplace.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I'm sure that in the Sixth World there are "no magic allowed on the premises" signs that are as common as "no weapons allowed" signs.  For all the same reasons.

Lormyr:

--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---

--- End quote ---

Oh, agreed. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I'm sure that in the Sixth World there are "no magic allowed on the premises" signs that are as common as "no weapons allowed" signs.  For all the same reasons.

--- End quote ---

Signs, 100%, and repercussions for ignoring them, also 100%. Still, I personally will never be onboard with just coming out with it in a non-combat situation without warning. Not my style, or how I like to be treated at a table.

But at the end of the day, most of the characters that rely on quickening are typically not really the blank trench coat type to begin with. So if you plan to glow like a christmas tree as a criminal, I expect you'll also likely pink mohawk right through that poor astral fuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version