NEWS

New Copy of SR5 has pages falling out!

• 93 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-09-13/1042:01> »
Really appreciate you taking the time Bull...very much appreciated. Perhaps, if the opportunity presents itself, you could pass along to Jason and/or Randall the value of having them pop in periodically. While I don't speak for everyone, I think that it is fairly safe to say that there is frustration about the "perceived" lack of response from CGL. Even popping in to say that the issues have been heard and are being worked on would be of value, in my opinion.

VonEros

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-09-13/1317:33> »
Agreed! Thank you, AJ and Bull. I am still waiting for any kind of response to my emails. I do hope to hear something from someone soon.

Mauler

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <10-11-13/1700:59> »
I have read my Limited Edition once. Carefully. I am rather disappointed.  :(

Tacitus05

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <10-12-13/1404:41> »
I have the special edition myself, that I picked up at GenCon. By the end of the con, the gold in the letters on the binding and the cover had partially rubbed off. Kinda upset that I spent 100$ for that.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-12-13/1601:33> »
Were the books all printed from the same printer in China?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <10-12-13/1929:51> »
Were the books all printed from the same printer in China?
IIRC, CGL was getting a US Printer.  Don't quote me on that, I only have the PDF.

*Pokes Bull with my cane*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ralff11

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <10-12-13/2319:10> »
Looks familiar Mauler ... mine after a week or so (sent a whole collection over to battlecorps). 

Just having it open started pulling large chunks out of the book.  Still not sure if the binding was supposed to be stuck to the back like it was (you can see that opening the book tore it away from the bookcover).

My order was switched back to "processing" at BattleCorps after talking to customer service.  It's been a couple weeks, so I'm hoping that the delay means that they'll send me one after talking to the printers. I'm getting a lot of reading done on my phone  :D

Tacitus05

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <10-13-13/0033:29> »
Wait..are all these the Mayan additions?

ahayford

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <10-16-13/0848:04> »
My regular edition is starting to do that exact same thing on the spine...and I've only read it up to the Matrix section. I've been very gentle with it....I should probably stick to pdfs, but I love the hard copies. Something about the binding methods used on these huge books just does not hold up. I should remember that and throw down for better binding or just get the pdfs.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #24 on: <10-16-13/1013:33> »
That's the first time I heard about the regular edition doing this. I really hope this does not become a pattern. :<
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

VonEros

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <10-16-13/1037:23> »
My copy is also the regular edition. I have been meaning to post images, but keep not having time.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-18-13/2338:59> »
I'm having the same problem with my book only opened the book three times and the pages pulled away for the spine. Contacted catalyst and they contacted me the same day to get it fixed. Very pleased at the response.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #27 on: <10-19-13/0406:38> »
ok, so this is sounding like a printer issue that has been made aware of and probably fixed in the next batch then if Redwulfe got a response back in the same day....

which means all you poor guys that posted last month got the ball rolling for everyone else (good job!!!)

But hey, at least CGL is trying to take care of you (us), but it definitely isn't an easy thing that can be resolved in a day or a week give the out sourced printing, and limited staff of CGL..
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

VonEros

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <10-22-13/1237:11> »
Red,

Who did you email? I have not gotten a single response. Please, let me know. Thank you.

VonEros

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #29 on: <10-26-13/1805:39> »
This was posted to another forum (for completely unrelated reasons), but found it interesting and apropos.

Not saying this is why there are problems, but it's something to consider.