NEWS

Tir Tairngire ranks distribution

• 1 Replies

Voran

• Newb
  • Voran from Dumpshock. Making the move.
« on: <05-13-19/0526:30> »
I was wondering what the rank distribution looked like in Tir.  We know we have:

Tir Social Ranks
Rank                      Title
Irenis (Classless)    None
Gentry    Squire
Chivalry    Sir or Demoiselle
Noble    Lord or Lady
Comital    Count or Countess
Ducal    Duke or Duchess
Royal    Prince or Princess

Tir has roughly 5 million people, mostly elves, but not all.  Whats the distribution though? Old school Tir book suggests 95 percent of non elves populate the Gentry tier.  Some dwarves and humans at Noble, Trolls don't seem to go higher than Chivalry.  I suspect maaaybe some changes post Zincan timeperiod but not a huge amount.  But still, like 'how many ducals are there' or 'how many comitals' ala 2075+?

if we look at somewhere like England, with 10x the population, 31 dukes (tho that seems to be UK total), 800-ish if we think of 'participate in house of lords/tier', etc.

I can imagine the top tiers being kinda bloated too if 5 percentish of elves are gentry and every other elf rolls higher.  78 percent of 5 mil is around 3.9 million elves, and about 3.75 million elves of Chivalry or higher.  Need to be Noble to own land.  Comital to own land you can make money off of.  Per Tir Book, it notes 'couple hundred' ducal level ala 2054ish.

If I did a loose multiplication of , ok lets say 15x as many counts as dukes (using 300 imaginary 2070ish number) thats 4500 counts, and 25x as many nobles as that is around 113k, and 30x that gives me another 3 mil+, would that be a fair notion?

edit: which lends to a potentially odd scenario of having fewer in the 'low civilian class' than you do on top.
« Last Edit: <05-13-19/0532:20> by Voran »

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <05-13-19/0744:21> »
If I understand it correctly, wasn't there an overthrow of the government there? Would they still use this ranking system?