NEWS

ETA on Errata

• 119 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #75 on: <10-17-13/1857:45> »
Why? Other than being really rude to the development staff what good do you think it's doing?

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <10-17-13/1912:50> »
It's reminding the people who are posting of the actual topic?

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <10-17-13/1933:42> »
Exactly, ZeConster. If this thread withers and dies, so be it... I'm not even being pushy or rude IMO. Just asking a question that so far has no answer.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <10-17-13/2114:53> »

So...he's being redundant with the subject line for every single post in this thread?

Here's the answer to your question: The errata will be compiled and released as part of the preparation for the first corrected printing. There may or may not be an announcement as to when the errata will be compiled. The thread Patrick started may or may not get locked as part of this process. And given that nothing is truly gamebreaking I don't think there is a major push to get the errata out. Not at the expense at new product productivity.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <10-17-13/2116:49> »
So...he's being redundant with the subject line for every single post in this thread?
No. He's not.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <10-17-13/2135:34> »

Here's the answer to your question: The errata will be compiled and released as part of the preparation for the first corrected printing. There may or may not be an announcement as to when the errata will be compiled. The thread Patrick started may or may not get locked as part of this process. And given that nothing is truly gamebreaking I don't think there is a major push to get the errata out. Not at the expense at new product productivity.

*applauds loudly and boisterously*
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #81 on: <10-17-13/2212:02> »

So is this official word? Honestly, I have no idea if you're with CGL or a freelancer or what.

Not really going to argue about gamebreaking, since that point was never made. Having official fixes and clarifications will make for a better game, and I want a better game.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #82 on: <10-17-13/2234:09> »
Omae, I just post here. Official answers come from people with titles.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

ambarmetta

• Newb
  • plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
« Reply #83 on: <10-23-13/0316:43> »
@Dangersaurus, I agree with almost all of your last post. 

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <11-30-13/0937:24> »
I am a bit late to the party it seems :)

I dunno, they state you can have a max boost of +4 to a stat... regardless of where is comes from...
The +4 you are thinking about is a rule that only apply to augmentations (cyberware and bioware) and is mentioned on SR5 p.94

That mean all augmentations (cyberware and bioware) are automatically affected by this rule (they don't have to explicit mention the limit, most of them don't, and still be affected by it) - if they want to break out of the rule they need to explicit state so (which for example the wireless bonus of wired reflexes do). It also mean that no magical enhancements to attributes are automatically affected by this rule and if they want to use the same rule they explicitly have to mention it (as you noted a lot of them do - but not all of them)

Drugs are not augmentations (cyberware or bioware) and they also don't explicit mention this rule, thus they are not affected (but if you combine drugs with say a magical enhancement that does use this rule then the magical enhancement will get weaker to compensate for the bonus you get from the drug so that you don't exceed the limit).

The question raised by Aaron's reading of the text in Wired Reflexes is whether, for instance, you can stack Wired 1, Nitro and Increased Reflexes to achieve +5D6.
Sure, that will be legal.

For the purpose of initiative - wired reflexes is only incompatible with other augmentations (cyberware or bioware), nitro being a drug is compatible with everything and increased reflexes are only incompatible with other increase reflex spells. This is one of the strengths with wired reflexes.
...but you can't for example use synaptic boosters (which is in other cases superior to wired reflexes, at least at rating 2 and 3) to do the same as it is incompatible with any other form of initiative enhancement (which include augmentations, magic and even drugs).

You can also use improved reflexes and drugs to get more than +4 reaction (as the reaction part of improved reflexes is compatible with everything).

If you want to continue to discuss this matter I would be happy to do so, but in that case I suggest that it is done in this thread:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12756.msg235023#msg235023

Thanks in advance

As for the topic at hand.
Would like if someone official could state something. anything.
It's been very quiet for a very long time now.
Even Aaron stopped posting :( :(
« Last Edit: <11-30-13/0939:48> by Xenon »

Pixelmancer

• Newb
« Reply #85 on: <12-08-13/2156:04> »
I think the proportion of online orders may also have surprised them. There are still copies on store shelves in a lot of places.
After having experienced the joys of searchability and bendproof pages I'm pretty much never going to buy a physical book again. I'm surprised anyone still does. Must be nostalgia or something.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <12-09-13/0013:10> »
I think the proportion of online orders may also have surprised them. There are still copies on store shelves in a lot of places.
After having experienced the joys of searchability and bendproof pages I'm pretty much never going to buy a physical book again. I'm surprised anyone still does. Must be nostalgia or something.

Or those, like someone I personally know, whose eyes begin hurting after too long looking at a PDF.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #87 on: <12-09-13/2305:52> »
PDF's are great on tablets, but on a laptop, they take up too much gametable real estate, especially if everyone has one out, leaving aside the need for a power strip. On phones, the screen just isn't big enough. And in both cases, the insistence of publishers on making page-image PDFs, rather than a reflowable single column of text just makes it a pain to get a desired readable sized chunk of it on the screen by itself. For occasional reference, I'd much rather have a book.

Now, if PDFs would incorporate errata revisions automatically, that would be a huge point in their favor. But they don't do that either.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #88 on: <12-13-13/1146:43> »
games workshop's pdf/epub codex's do as far as i'm aware. that technology is def out there.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #89 on: <12-14-13/1429:23> »
Been buried at work, but it's finally winding down for the season.

So... any update on the errata? The game has been out for six months now.