NEWS

SR6 How published errata work?

• 7 Replies

hulka

• Newb
« on: <10-19-19/0735:33> »
I bought only pdf CRB  and i noticed, that August errata are included in. Now, when awaited errata will finally come will be included in pdf again? Sa i can download a pdf again and all is in one or i have to CRB- what new?-errata-CRB- what new?-errata-CRB- what new?-errata.... Or buy pdf editor and hadly correct a wrong parts,but united and good looking  appearance of CRB are gone?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-19/1004:47> »
At DrivethruRPG, my account will list any files I have purchased that have been updated by the publisher. I can then download the updated files.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-19/1233:33> »
There will hopefully be another wave of errata for the 6we CRB out soon.  I don't know if the CRB will be updated again to incorporate it.  Maybe.  It's also possible it'll just be provided as a free pdf to accompany your CRB.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-19/1251:36> »
Updating the PDF takes more effort than just publishing the errata, because it means things have to be re-edited layout-wise, so I don't know how long it will take. I do, however, believe the odds are very good that the PDF will be updated later.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

hulka

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-19/1320:35> »
Thank you.

0B

« Reply #5 on: <10-23-19/0747:45> »
Do you know if they're going to wait on publishing errata until the PDF is adjusted, or if they'll publish ahead of time?

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-27-19/1656:05> »
Last time they published the errata ahead of time, so probably that again.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-28-19/1219:39> »
On a related note: I asked Catalyst Games via Facebook message a while back and was told that if the PDF is updated on the Catalyst Games store I would get an email notification of some sort to go download the new version.  This is important for those of us who bought the book at GenCon because our PDF code was not a DTRPG code, it was a code for CGL's own web store.