NEWS

Quick Draw Questions

• 21 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-19-19/1054:35> »
A GM might allow multiple quick drawn knives/shurikens to all be flung at the same target using the "burst fire" rules.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-19-19/1144:47> »
Or you could quick draw several knives, throw one on the same turn via quick draw rules, then have leftovers to throw in subsequent rounds without needing to quick draw again.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <04-19-19/1205:10> »
Away from books ATM, but as I recall, you can ready (attribute) number of small throwing weapons with the ready action...

Which is important, without it, you would have to spend a simple action every IP readying another throwing weapon every IP, which limits your options..
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Cabral

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-20-19/0100:08> »
1 Attack action max per turn says the rules.
1 attack action does not equal one attack. 1 action can be used to attack multiple targets, splitting your dice pool across targets. The same applies to casting multiple spells.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #19 on: <04-20-19/0633:56> »
You can also only damage a any single target once per action no matter what.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #20 on: <04-20-19/0741:25> »
You can also only damage a any single target once per action no matter what.
Not with Multiple Attacks, unless you mean 'you can't attack the same person twice' since p164 says multiple targets. Throw Weapon Action is included as an allowed Multiple Attacks combination (p164). But in general splitting your dicepool means missing.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Null_Wraith

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <01-14-21/0342:05> »
Sorry for reviving an old topic but in researching options for my Blade Adept, I came across this and had to add my two cents :)

I get that people feel the need to balance Quick Draw/Rapid Draw and I would be very interested in seeing the errata but RAW is very clear.

Quick Draw (SR5.165)
A character may attempt to quick-draw ... and immediately fire it by using a Quick Draw Simple Action.
If the test is successful, the character draws the weapon and fires as a single Simple Action.

Rapid Draw (SG.173)
...a Quick Draw action is considered a Free Action

Emphasis mine

This makes is very clear that the standard Quick Draw requires one (Simple) action to draw and fire. And then Rapid Draw changes this to a Free Action.