NEWS

Wired Reflexes Balanced?

• 38 Replies

DeciusRagnos

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <07-24-11/1623:37> »
I use the same concept.  In essence eveybody gets the max number of IP's on the field but unless they have WR or some other IP booster all you can do is move.  So lets say the highest IP character is 3  Everybody gets 3 IP's but if you don't have things that let you act in those IP's all you do is move.  Beyond that you must declare where you are moving to in IP-1 a char with WR would be allowed to change direction but somebody who doesn't made up their mind during the first pass and lacks the reflex speed to alter it..
Knowlege is Power, guard it well.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #31 on: <07-24-11/1940:40> »
That is what the RAW says to do, so right on. Well, except that last part there, which is a bit of interpretation that I have no real problem with.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <07-24-11/2253:46> »
IIRC, that was a modification that you could add to them in previous editions to do that.  I know I've described the usage of such a thing in my stories (Jon "Money" Johnson has β-Grade Wired Reflexes 1 due to nerve damage from having a building fall on top of him.).  He usually has them off, but turns them on when expecting trouble.  Read my stories, see if you can spot the visual cue that I've given for it.  ;D
Yep, there was a wires add-on that had to be implanted at the same time as the wires to give the user control in 3rd edition (came out in Shadowtech, same book as c-zombies). 4th edition cyber just took that and made it a standard feature of all neuro-linked cyber.
Ah, knew I remembered it from somewhere.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-25-11/1944:28> »
Heh... sometimes I like to play dirty with the movement rates and combat passes. By which, I mean that I'll let PCs/NPCs move their full rate each pass. And if certain characters have more passes than others...

I look at it like the old animes where they moved so fast, their opponents didn't even realize they were dead already. ;)

That is how I like to do it as well.

1.  The editions that I really got into SR with did this already.
2.  It is easier.
3.  It is really cool.

usefulidiot

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <07-26-11/0521:53> »
20BP for 4 Initiative Passes is a pretty sweet deal. Certainly better than what samurai and adepts get. : )
Not that much in the case of warrior adepts, they can get it for 30BP if the GM allows.
20BP for 2 points of magic
10BP for Warriors Way
and then 2PP for geased increased reflexes 3.
 ;D

Can that be right, 2PP for increased reflexes level 3? I thought with the warriors way it brought invcreased reflexes 3 down to 3PP. Did I miss something, please explain.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #35 on: <07-26-11/0542:20> »
20BP for 4 Initiative Passes is a pretty sweet deal. Certainly better than what samurai and adepts get. : )
Not that much in the case of warrior adepts, they can get it for 30BP if the GM allows.
20BP for 2 points of magic
10BP for Warriors Way
and then 2PP for geased increased reflexes 3.
 ;D

Can that be right, 2PP for increased reflexes level 3? I thought with the warriors way it brought invcreased reflexes 3 down to 3PP. Did I miss something, please explain.
His above example hinges rather pointedly upon the part that says "if the GM allows."  He's stacking a geas (25% discount) atop a Way discount (25% discount), both of which are optional rules.  Some GMs will let that slide, but some won't.  In the case of just doing it to try and max out your initiative passes for the smallest possible investment, I'd wager most GMs would say no.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-26-11/1224:30> »
His above example hinges rather pointedly upon the part that says "if the GM allows."  He's stacking a geas (25% discount) atop a Way discount (25% discount), both of which are optional rules.  Some GMs will let that slide, but some won't.  In the case of just doing it to try and max out your initiative passes for the smallest possible investment, I'd wager most GMs would say no.

That depends.  The way of the adept quality costs 10 BP and if your GM is a bit like mine, he won't pass up a geas.  He can use that to make you regret ever having heard the word geas, much less taking one.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #37 on: <07-28-11/0247:55> »
"Hmm... Seems you never specified what your geas is... Muahahaha! Your Warrior Path Adept finds that his magic tends to work when he sings Barbie Girl by Aqua!"
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Seeker

• Newb
  • But it's WRONG!
« Reply #38 on: <07-28-11/0827:30> »
"Hmm... Seems you never specified what your geas is... Muahahaha! Your Warrior Path Adept finds that his magic tends to work when he sings Barbie Girl by Aqua!"

That is definitely a Signature worth at least 10 points.  At least.