NEWS

Shadowrun 2007

• 20 Replies

Shadowrun2007

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <02-11-20/1820:41> »
Yeah that would make sense why they shut the servers off it really sucks because this was a game just put out at the wrong time. It had multiplayer down but it came out when Halo 3 did literally so it never got the attention it garnered. If it had launched now it wouldn’t have received so much flak.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-11-20/1824:33> »
Yeah that would make sense why they shut the servers off it really sucks because this was a game just put out at the wrong time. It had multiplayer down but it came out when Halo 3 did literally so it never got the attention it garnered. If it had launched now it wouldn’t have received so much flak.

Well except that it had nothing to do with Shadowrun.  I actually liked playing it as long as I didn't think about what they called it.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

GuardDuty

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-11-20/1841:42> »

Do I remember correctly that multiplayer was online only?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #18 on: <02-12-20/1410:58> »

Do I remember correctly that multiplayer was online only?

I believe so yes.

Nerd Slayer did a "Death of a Game" video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tjOqOBBck&list=PL80AP9QYJdzerVGAjjQj19A5_B6gKTo3U&index=3&t=0s
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <02-13-20/1231:43> »
While not Multiplayer, might I suggest people that haven't tried Shadowrun:  Returns, Shadowrun:  Dragonfall, and Shadowrun:  Hong Kong give those a shot.  They're all on Steam, and are by Harebrained Schemes, who licensed the video games from Microsoft.

Microsoft owns the rights to Shadowrun as a video game.  Topps owns the rights to Shadowrun as a Tabletop game (and CGL licenses it from them.).

If you're into Retro Gaming, there is also the SNES and Sega Genesis Shadowrun games.

And for my next trick, anvils!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-15-20/0210:49> »
While not Multiplayer, might I suggest people that haven't tried Shadowrun:  Returns, Shadowrun:  Dragonfall, and Shadowrun:  Hong Kong give those a shot.  They're all on Steam, and are by Harebrained Schemes, who licensed the video games from Microsoft.

Microsoft owns the rights to Shadowrun as a video game.  Topps owns the rights to Shadowrun as a Tabletop game (and CGL licenses it from them.).

If you're into Retro Gaming, there is also the SNES and Sega Genesis Shadowrun games.

And for my next trick, anvils!

Definitely +1! 8)