NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #225 on: <10-06-13/1311:52> »
It may not confuse the experienced SR player, but at least one member of my group isn't sure how to interpret "natural maximum" in reference to cyberlimbs, so I thought I'd post it here.

If a human character has a natural Agility of 4, Muscle Toner 1 (raising Agility to 5), and wants to buy a cyberarm with a higher agility, which of these two scenarios is correct?

Scenario #1
The character buys the base cyberarm (Agl 3), increases it to the character's natural level of 4 (Customization +1), then increases it further to 7 (Enhancement +3).

Scenario #2
The character buys the base cyberarm (Agl 3), increases it to the natural maximum of 6 (Customization +3), then increases it further to 9 (Enhancement +3).

Scenario #2 seems to be correct (even though it's more subject to abuse than Scenario #1).  The confusion comes with people thinking the "natural maximum" is referring to their current stat before cyberware modifications, instead of the maximum for the metatype.

martinchaen

« Reply #226 on: <10-14-13/0922:44> »
Q: Hydraulic Jacks (page 457) add their Rating to your limit for certain physical tests, but the wireless bonus is a fixed +1 dice pool; is this a typo and should the wireless bonus also be dependent on Rating, or is the dice pool bonus intended to always be +1?

The rules definitely say that you get a flat +1 dice pool bonus. You might want to post in the errata thread, just to be sure.
Reposted from FAQ thread as per Aaron's suggestion.

Jesentra

• Newb
« Reply #227 on: <10-16-13/0247:31> »
pg. 139 The Intimidation paragraph states that the Opposed test uses Cha + Will

Pg. 140 and pg. 141 The example and the "Social Skill Tests" Table state that the opposed test for Intimidation is Intimidation + Willpower.

Also, while there are rules regarding someone who is astrally projecting being knocked unconscious, it never says what happens to them. Do they linger in Astral Space, or do they zip back to their meat bodies? I would normally assume the latter, but since you are able to "lose" your body, and be forced to track it down (as per "While you were out" on pg. 314), it suggests that your mind and body are not linked, and so does not imply that the spirit would return to the body if knocked unconscious.

Hard Gim

• Newb
« Reply #228 on: <10-16-13/0723:39> »
[...]
Voice Control (311) is strictly better than Improved Potential (Social) (309): Voice Control gives you +1 Social Limit per level, and other things, and comes in levels so that you can boost your Social Limit by your Magic Rating.
[...]
At our table we chose to get only +1 instead of +1/level Social Limit for Voice Control.

Additionally at page 70 and 92, Kyra's character got 3 levels of Voice Control for 0.75PP, however p.311 Voice Control is a 0.5PP/level power. Which one is right ?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <10-16-13/1856:35> »
Voice Control (311) is strictly better than Improved Potential (Social) (309): Voice Control gives you +1 Social Limit per level, and other things, and comes in levels so that you can boost your Social Limit by your Magic Rating.

That is not intrinsically an error - SR4 Kinesics had the same relationship with Improved Ability for the Social skills.  That may actually be intentional because of how little there currently is for Social Adepts (who have been given a very subtle, but notable nerf with the change to Kinesics).
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

rca50

• Newb
« Reply #230 on: <10-17-13/1031:08> »
P 196 Multiple Attacks.

The last sentence for Multiple attacks states, "The total number of attacks you can make in a single action phase is limited to one half the attackers combat skill."

In the example Wombat is attacking three bouncers.  He has a combat skill of 4.  Shouldn't he only be able to attack two bouncers?
« Last Edit: <10-18-13/1056:49> by rca50 »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #231 on: <10-17-13/1320:23> »
P 169 Multiple Attacks.

The last sentence for Multiple attacks states, "The total number of attacks you can make in a single action phase is limited to one half the attackers combat skill."

In the example Wombat is attacking three bouncers.  He has a combat skill of 4.  Shouldn't he only be able to attack two bouncers?
He does. He may be fighting with 3, but he only multi-attacks two. "and decides to attack two of them." + 12 dice are split into 6 per target.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

rca50

• Newb
« Reply #232 on: <10-18-13/1057:57> »
He does. He may be fighting with 3, but he only multi-attacks two. "and decides to attack two of them." + 12 dice are split into 6 per target.   --
You are correct.  I apologize.  I missed that part. bleh. 

Jesentra

• Newb
« Reply #233 on: <10-19-13/1157:58> »
pg. 235, Matrix Perception sidebar:

The seventh bullet down says "The target's commode".

As much as I would simply adore knowing where John Doe does his business in the mornings, I'm going to bet that is supposed to read "The target's commcode".

martinchaen

« Reply #234 on: <10-21-13/1324:03> »
Page 56 under Regaining Edge states that "Your character gets one point of Edge back after a fulfilling meal and a good night's sleep (at least eight hours)".

But page 82 under Negative Qualities, Insomnia, states that "[the character] also regains his Edge after 8 hours of restful sleep." Not "a single point of Edge", or "regains Edge as usual", but "regains his Edge" which at least grammatically implies all Edge.

Which is correct, and is errata needed?

Bach_The_Fox

• Newb
« Reply #235 on: <10-26-13/0117:24> »
From Rules Clarification Thread (lengthy discussion on this rule in SR4A here)

In all previous editions, you could explicitly attack active Foci in Astral space.

Now the only things that interact with them is Disenchanting and Mana Barriers.

Is this intentional or errata worthy?

(Would love a answer either way)
« Last Edit: <10-26-13/0127:30> by Bach_The_Fox »

The Smiling Bandit

• Newb
  • Ha! Ha! Ha!
« Reply #236 on: <10-26-13/2311:46> »
haven't seen this one ... sustaining foci aren't in the foci cost table, are they identical too/a subset of spell foci, or is this errataworthy?
Strikes again!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #237 on: <10-27-13/0349:21> »
haven't seen this one ... sustaining foci aren't in the foci cost table, are they identical too/a subset of spell foci, or is this errataworthy?
Page 319: "There are four types of spell foci." Page 320: Lists Counterspelling, Ritual Spellcasting, Spellcasting and Sustaining Foci.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #238 on: <10-28-13/0401:49> »
Page 422, under Melee Weapons (the first full paragraph). It states, "The game statistics for improvised melee weapons can be found in Melee Combat (p. 184)", but no such information is in the book.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #239 on: <10-28-13/2003:35> »
Not sure if it is a mistake or not, but look at resonance loss for technomancers.  Specifically as it reads now:

CURRENTLY AS WRITTEN

Technomancer looses 0.1 essence (A datajack?).  He losses a point of resonance, and his limit goes down.

Technomancer then looses .3 essence (Total essence lost is 0.4), his resonance drops another whole point. His limit would not drop

NOW FOR SOME REAL STRANGENESS

Character goes in for some kind of big purchase, lets say Wired Reflexes 2, losing 3 essence, but only looses 1 resonance.  His limit is hit for 3 points

I THINK THE INTENT is that it is similar to the Magic attribute (where you loose one point per point of essence lost, rounded down)