Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <07-14-13/1510:22> »
p270

[Model] Stealth: This autosoft helps a drone of a
specific model operate with as much stealth as possible
and acts as the Infiltration skill for the drone.

There is no infiltration skill in SR 5.

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #61 on: <07-14-13/1706:07> »
Pg. 384

Elite Special Forces: It appears they are missing their Augmentations. Probaly were intented to have something similar to Elite Corp security. They aren't adepts like the LT is.

Elite Special Forces Lieutenant: Has a 6 in place of the word Initiative (Just above the word Condition Monitor)

Also some kind of weird format error on that page. I can't read the page number. The page number is moved further left, and the Elite Corp LT is dropped down and blocking the page number.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <07-14-13/2251:36> »
Possible error.

On p 437 under armor mods the description of Chemical protection reads.

Chemical protection: Water-resistant, non-porous,
impermeable materials, and a coating of neutralizing
agents protect the wearer against contact-vector
chemical attacks
(Toxins, Drugs and BTLs, p. 408). Add
the rating of the Chemical Protection modification to
tests made to resist contact-vector toxin attacks.

The chart on p408 lists chemical protection as protecting against contact and inhalation toxins.

Wuthalao

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <07-15-13/0216:15> »
p. 301
The test for binding says Opposed summoning +Magic[Force] v. spirit's Force x 2

I suppose this should be binding and not summoning

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <07-15-13/0908:27> »
Training Rate Table, Page 107: Improving a skill group: New Rating x 2 weeks
Page 105: Skill groups are improved at a rate of [new Rating] x 1 month

Training Rate Table: Are the skill ratings the new ratings, or the current ones? Does it take 5 days or 5 weeks to raise a skill to 5? This doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere. The absence of special rules for getting a rating of 1 suggests that it's the new level, so 5 weeks for 5.

If I have Logic 5, 36 Karma, and 3 days of downtime, can I raise 3 skills from 0 to 3? At the moment, the rules say yes (I can train three skills, and the maximum increase in skills is 3 levels), but none of the examples address this point, so I'm not sure whether this is the intention. In particular, I strongly suspect that it should take at least 6 days, but at the moment the rules don't say that the time taken should be calculated for each individual step of increase, just that it is "new rating days", and the new rating is 3. Alternatively, I could spend 30 Karma and 6 months of downtime to raise the skill group to 3. I also need at least three periods of downtime. I'm not sure that the training times are intended to be quite this different. (No, I don't know why I saved up 36 Karma to do this.)

On the subject of cyberware: page 105, again: "Note that you can’t improve Physical skills or Mental attributes during the same downtime period when
you receive implants or augmentations that improve those same attributes." So can I improve Physical attributes and Mental skills at the same time? I think there must be a typo in here, but I'm not sure whether both should be attributes, or both should be both skills and attributes. Probably both attributes.

Page 105 says that an instructor reduces time by 25%. Kyra's example, page 106, says that the instructor reduces the training time by 25%. Page 105 also sends you to Using Instruction on page 141, where it says that every hit on the test reduces time by one day. I suspect that the rules on one of these two pages are an old version.

Also, page 105 says that the instructor reduces time by 25% (round down). For 6 weeks, the units are weeks, so 25% off, rounded down, is either 5 weeks (if you round down the 1.5 week reduction) or 4 weeks (if you round down the time taken). The example, however, says 4.5 weeks, which isn't rounded down.

Going by the rules on page 141, if my training time is 3 days, and my instructor gets 3 hits, do I need no time at all to learn the skill? (Do I need negative time if she gets 4 hits?) I suspect there's supposed to be a "minimum of one day" in there somewhere, but at the moment I can't find it.
« Last Edit: <07-15-13/0949:10> by David Chart »
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #65 on: <07-15-13/1218:36> »
p. 372, Street Cred; does carryover karma from chargen (max of 7) count towards Street Cred? Does the karma you have in chargen count towards this? Or does it only apply to "career" karma, to use an older term?

p. 372, Notoriety; Ork Poser gives a point of notoriety, but the similar Elf Poser doesn't? Rhyme, reason for this at all?
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

quindraco

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <07-15-13/1548:50> »
Page 183, Multiple Simultaneous Blasts:

The following sentence is grammatically invalid, and the two possible fixes lead to fundamentally different grenades, so it's not obvious how GMs should fix it:

"When two explosions occur on the same Combat Initiative Score and both blasts effect the same character add half the value of the lower DVs to the highest DV and apply it all as a single modified Damage Value for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests."

Fixes will be in brackets.  Possibility 1:

"When two explosions occur on the same Combat Initiative Score and both blasts [a]ffect the same character[,] add half the value of the lower DV[] to the highest DV and apply it all as a single modified Damage Value for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests."

Possibility 2:

"When two [or more] explosions occur on the same Combat Initiative Score and [they] [a]ffect the same character[,] add half the value of the lower DVs to the highest DV and apply it all as a single modified Damage Value for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests."

The basic question is whether that should be "lower DV" or "lower DVs" - the other spelling and grammar errors are easy to resolve once that's answered.  In case it's not obvious, the difference is that in version 1 three POW 16 grenades (which will happen all the time with SA grenade launchers) resolve at POW 24, but in version 2, they resolve at POW 32.
« Last Edit: <07-15-13/1602:10> by quindraco »

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #67 on: <07-15-13/1627:32> »
P.90 in the table under Agility it has a listing of the "Herding" skill. Only other use of this word is under specializations for Animal Handling.
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.

khaine1969

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <07-15-13/1720:25> »
A few things
Pg 183 under drone gunnery states" drones must have an autosoft appropriate to the weapon they are wielding in order to attack" and Pg. 269     gives a list of all the autosofts available, however nowhere is there a listing of the costs of such programs.

Pg 269 it states that RCCs can run cyberprograms like a cyberdeck, but the master RCC chart (Pg. 267) does not list how many programs each   model may run at a time.

Pg 184 in the sensor attacks description it says drones resist with "pilot + (model) stealth (handling)
this should be "pilot + (model) evasion (handling)" as described in the example on the same page.

And as a side note the resonance power pulse storm states "For each net hit you get, the targets noise is increased by 1"  how long does this penalty last...should it be a sustained power?

T

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #69 on: <07-15-13/2321:24> »
P.96 In the list of all the purchases the players make when making their character lists "APDS rounds (300 rounds) 36,000¥"

APDS rounds are listed on the table on P.433 as costing 120¥ per 10 shots, so 300 rounds should cost 3.600¥ unless I'm much worse at math that I thought I was. This misprint is also true for the Explosive and Stick and Shock purchases.
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <07-15-13/2343:23> »
Pg. 286

Combat Sense is listed as an Active detection spell. Surely it's passive?

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #71 on: <07-16-13/0041:18> »
Pg. 168. The following text appears at the end of the Block section, but I think it should be with the Parry section, as it involves weapon foci.

"Bonus die, such as die from a relevant weapon foci, can be
added to this test."

quindraco

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <07-16-13/0808:19> »
Page 141.

The table lists the resist to Leadership + Charisma [Social] as Leadership + Willpower [Social], but the block under Using Leadership lists it as Leadership + Willpower [Mental].  Only one of these can be correct.

khaine1969

• Newb
« Reply #73 on: <07-16-13/1220:10> »
The drone rigger archetype on pg 124 has no autosofts listed in her gear, therefore several of her drones are useless, as they cannot fire their weapons (drones must have an autosoft appropriate to the weapon they are wielding in order to attack) pg 183.

Pandion

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: <07-16-13/1718:48> »
There’s an inconsistency in whether blunt weapons should do Stun or Physical damage.

First, on pg 169. “Stun damage-bruising, muscle fatigue, and the like- is the kind done by fists, kicks, blunt weapons. . .” Which implies the club type weapons should do Stun.

There’s also a part on pg. 186, in the Changing Damage Types sidebar. There it mentions using a called shot to treat a bladed weapon as a club, as a way of using it non-lethally (specifically by using the pommel). This once again implies that clubs are Stun weapons.

The actual weapon chart on pg. 423 lists all blunt weapons as Physical though. Even the sap, which was Stun in 4e and seems particularly unlikely to be a Physical weapon. I’m guessing that the table is wrong, but it’s also possible that the text is.