NEWS

Bought the hardback rulebook... was that an error?

• 3 Replies

tundrah

• Newb
« on: <08-18-14/1753:19> »
Hi all,

So I bought the Shadowrun 5th core rulebook last week. I only discovered Shadowrun a month or so ago, and I'll be looking to run a game with my new-found book and knowledge.

But now I'm reading about core rulebook errata and such, and how it will be (eventually) included into the PDF version of the book. I didn't even know there was a PDF version of the core book (I got mine from Amazon). I can see the advantages of an errata-corrected PFD, being searchable and all that. So my question is, is there some way for me to get the pdf, or errata-corrected pdf? Or am I limited to printing out he errata and trying to remember where they apply, or writing notes in my rulebook (!!!)?

Maybe I just messed up...

Thanks!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-18-14/1803:05> »
The core rulebook actually isn't that bad. Yes there are errors, and some things that are outright missing, but the vast majority of the book is good and useable. You could pretty easily get by with a printout of errata on a sheet of paper you keep in the front cover or something.

The side books, on the other hand, are another story. I cannot recommend that people buy the hardcopy books for Run and Gun and Street Grimoire, because the errors are much worse and more frequent in both. For those two, wait until corrected printings happen before picking them up, since they're pretty bad.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-18-14/1857:31> »
The official errata can be found here.

Some additional rules clarifications can be found here

Of course, there are a number of threads here on the forums dissecting things in greater detail, but the above links are the only "official" releases (AFAIK). Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: <08-18-14/1859:51> by AJCarrington »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-14/2112:04> »
The hard cover core book is a great investment. Just be very careful with the pages. No idea if they ever fixed the issues, but several people have pages falling out after only light use
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"