NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #465 on: <11-28-16/0657:54> »
So to clarify it, it survived two data spikes hits? (8 + net hits damage) tough buggers.
resist perception: 14d6t5 5 indeed he sees Spikes with 6 hits.

We'll need new initiative for round 3.

« Last Edit: <11-28-16/0714:01> by gilga »

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #466 on: <11-28-16/1245:28> »
Ahh I actually misread somewhere. The IC are both dead now that I look at it again. Sorry for the confusion :\

I'll say you've got until the end of this initiative round in the real world stuck editing to copy the needed files. However, if anything is left to kill when the next round starts, you're welcome to rejoin the meat world to fight some ghouls

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #467 on: <12-02-16/1629:57> »
Alright I think it's safe to say Casket is currently busy with life, so we can go ahead and puppet him a bit. He's currently the closest to the ghouls as he is picking the lock at the adjacent door

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #468 on: <12-02-16/1826:11> »
So far Casket has 13 hits toward picking the lock.  Is it open yet? 

I'm torn on having Casket secure the samples, vs. having him put down a ghoul or two.  Action economy-wise, it may be best to have him shoot at the ghouls this pass, and worry about the sample next pass.

I'm thinking:
CT1 IP1
Free: Drop Lock Picks
Simple: Set Shotgun choke to Medium Spread
Simple: Fire at 2 Ghouls as they cross the threshold.  This shouldn't be a problem, since Crater told us they're kind of piling up on each other to get out.

For shooting 2 ghouls with the Defiance T-250 Casket has: AGI (8) + Longarms (6) = 14 dice.
Boom da Ghouls: 14d6t5 1
Ouch.  Let's Edge that.
Edge Re-roll: 13d6t5 5
Can't win for losing.  Accuracy is capped at 4 Hits.  Base damage is 9P staged to 11P with Flechette ammo, and the ghouls are at -3 to their Defense test.  The +4AP for Flechette ammo doesn't count against unarmored targets, so the Ghouls shouldn't get that bump. . . Unless their Armor Power counts.  @Crater, the rule is on page 169, if you want to give it a look before making a call. 

That should put the ball in Achak and Ichante's court.

CT1 IP1
26 - Pale Horse
23 - Spikes (hacking)
21 - Casket

19 - Achak (guardian spirit)
15 - Ichante
14 - ghouly thing
14 - ghouly thing
11 - ghouly thing
10 - ghouly thing
9 - ghouly thing
9 - ghouly thing
8 - Chaim the Caboose, who was evidently busy admiring at his reflection
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #469 on: <12-02-16/2011:00> »
Casket will need a Ready Weapon simple action, which negates manually setting the choke. That said, it might be reasonable to say that the shotgun was already set on medium choke. If so, the rest of the rolling can stand as-is.

19 - Achak (guardian spirit)
Holding action. He's guarding the rear and watching the elevators so that the team doesn't get flanked.

Ichante
Flame Burst will annoy/incinerate my teammates, so that's not the first choice.

Ice storm could be fun if it were more localized, but I don't want to turn the entire lab into an ice sheet, even if there would be serious lols.

Ghouls are generally high Body so that makes Petrify harder to use. (Pale Horse's target wasn't rolling that much to soak, but that's OOC knowledge.)

Opium Den is interesting to consider but we'll try to stay serious and sober for the moment.

I guess that leaves me with Chill. Targeting priority goes to whichever one is at the front of the pack, with the goal of slowing down all the other ghouls behind him/her.

Per my mentor spirit (Cat), I have to make a Charisma + Willpower (3) to avoid pulling my punches:
Willpower 8 7 + Charisma 3: 11d6t5 3 hits, I rolled 1 die too many but dropping a die off the end doesn't change the result. Looks like Ichante isn't interested in toying with any ghouls.

Casting: Chill @ F5: Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Combat Spec 2: 14d6t5 3 hits, maybe I am pulling my punches after all
Soaking 4S drain: Willpower 7 + Intuition 8: 15d6t5 8 hits, there's all the hits, no drain

Here's the spell description for Chill from Shadow Spells. It's basically Manabolt with an added hit to Initiative, which would have been more impressive had I rolled better. Ghouly will roll Body only to resist, sigh, 3S and -3 Init.

CHILL
(DIRECT)
Type: P Range: LOS Damage: S
Duration: I Drain: F – 1
These spells reduce the air temperature around the target
to the point it limits their ability to move as frostbite
begins to set in, stiffening their joints, making them shiver,
and temporarily inhibiting their ability to breathe. The target
suffers Stun damage per normal Direct Combat spell
resolution and reduces their initiative score by one per net
hit, with a maximum reduction of 5.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #470 on: <12-02-16/2217:44> »
I'll accept that the shotgun was already on medium choke to give the benefit of the doubt, and the ghouls are only half changed, and pretty starved being used in lab experiments, which is why they are doing so low on body. They are more skin to what we'd normally see as rage zombies at the moment.

Ghouls try to avoid: 3 hits and no hits so ghoul 2 gets hit with 13p, and ghoul 4 takes the full 15p. Neither has enough body to resist enough to stay alive, so I won't bother rolling there. 2 more down.

Ichante slows the next, which also drops it to acting with initiative 7, behind Chaim. Resisting the chill, 1 hit so he takes 2 stun, and wobbles a bit, but keeps coming.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #471 on: <12-02-16/2302:16> »
Ghouls taking a turn or is Chaim free to act? If the latter, how many ghouls does he have eyes on and what's their spread?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #472 on: <12-03-16/1714:50> »
don't both casket and pale horse get an action before the last two ghouls. (23-10 and 21-10)?
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #473 on: <12-03-16/1717:26> »
ignore me jusr re ready the section
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #474 on: <12-07-16/1800:14> »
Hey, Crater, where are we at here?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #475 on: <12-08-16/0508:45> »
Sorry for the delay, been a bit crazy at home, hopefully clearing up soon. For the time being however, ghouls are acting, one going for Casket, the other going for Spikes (randomly chosen, by oh the devilish fun).

Rolls for their attacks:
Ghoul 4 4 hits towards Casket
Ghoul 5 2 hits towards Spikes

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #476 on: <12-08-16/1302:26> »
I guess Casket could Block or go Full Defense, but with his high Armor rating, it's probably not a big deal even if he gets hit; doubtful a ghoul could break through to infect him.  For Defense Casket has: REA (6) + INT (3) = 9 dice.
Melee Defense: 9d6t5 1
Ouch.  Awful roll. 

Assuming Casket needs to Soak somewhere in the 8P -1AP range.  He has: BOD (4) + Globetrotter Jacket (12) + Ballistic Mask (2) - AP (1) = 17 dice.
Soak: 17d6t5 2
. . . Well, let's Edge it.
Edge Re-roll: 15d6t5 5
So, Casket takes something in the 0-3S range, most likely.

Casket is down to 1/3 Edge.

Well, my rolling today is not giving me a lot of hope for this, but by my count we've dropped 2 Ghouls, slowed 1, 1 is by Spikes, and another is by Casket, which leaves 1 Chilled ghoul and 1 yet uncommitted ghoul near the door.  Assuming that Spikes is Prone, since she's Hot Sim, Chaim will use Suppressive Fire with his liberated Ares Alpha from the door to the ghoul standing over Spikes, which should easily fit in the 10m spread.

CT1 IP1
Free Action: Speak: "Door, eight o'clock!"
Complex: Suppressive Fire

The tricky part: Chaim doesn't have Automatics.  He does have: AGI (5) + Edge (5) = 10 dice with exploding 6s.
Suppressive Fire Pre Edge: 10d6h5 4
Perfectly average, but hopefully that's all we need.  With the Ghouls being crazed and feral, GM discretion on whether or not they would have the semblance of mind to Hit the Dirt.  Base damage is 11P -6AP.  This attack should hit the Chilled Ghoul, the yet uncommitted Ghoul, and the Ghoul above Spikes.

Chaim is at 4/5 Edge, 22/42 Alpha

Now, we're back up to Casket for CT1 IP2

Casket will dramatically grab the Ghoul attacking him by the neck as he levels his short-barreled Defiance T-250 against the Ghoul's abdomen and lets loose with some more flechette.

Casket has: AGI (8) + Longarms (6) - Attacker in Melee Combat (3) = 11 dice.
Boom da Ghouls: 11d6t5 2
Maybe somebody else needs to roll for Casket.
oh, I forgot Take Aim
Take Aim: 1d6t5 0
Nope.

Ghoul takes a -3 modifier to its Defense test.  Base damage is 11P + Hits.

Casket is at 1/3 Edge, 3/5 Defiance
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #477 on: <12-08-16/1521:48> »
Is Spikes back to the living? Because otherwise she does not even get a defense roll. So the Ghoul hits with +2 hits.

If she is in meat space she'll use full defense.
Dodge + Full defense: 15d6t5 4

I must admit that so much time has passed that, I am not sure when we agreed that Spikes exits the matrix.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #478 on: <12-08-16/1551:31> »
Is Spikes back to the living? Because otherwise she does not even get a defense roll. So the Ghoul hits with +2 hits.

If she is in meat space she'll use full defense.
Dodge + Full defense: 15d6t5 4

I must admit that so much time has passed that, I am not sure when we agreed that Spikes exits the matrix.

If Spikes hasn't exited the Matrix, she should consider bricking the doors to the rooms off the main lab.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #479 on: <12-08-16/1557:38> »
i make it three ghouls down (horse 1 and casket 2) and I remember spikes saying she would real world while to file loaded.

can I spend a point of edge and put a short burst in to each ghoul?