NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #435 on: <11-16-16/0154:33> »
Ichante's audio perception: Intuition 8 + Perception 3 + Audio Enhancement 2: 13d6t5 2 hits, and uncomfortably close to a glitch. One of you will have to roll better.

CraterShip, if the doors have ballistic glass windows in them, can Ichante cast Chill through the windows? It's a Direct spell that only requires LOS. Opium Den could also work, in the sense that it would slow them down if not actually stop them.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #436 on: <11-16-16/0632:56> »
I'm gonna say no, mostly cause the frosted glass makes it impossible to truly get LOS, there's just too much interference with visibility. Good idea though

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #437 on: <11-16-16/1108:21> »
@Tec, just a point of order: Chaim is human.  Also, should you roll Perception for Achak, since he's Manifested now?

I'll roll for Raven.  For Locksmith he has: AGI (8) + Locksmith (4) + Leadership dice (6) = 18 dice.
Locksmith: 18d6t5 4
That's a little subpar.  Let's try it again, with Chaim offering another round of Leadership.

For Chaim, that's 14 dice: Leadership: Casket Locksmith: 14d6t5 4
4 dice, + Limit

Casket's second attempt is: AGI (8) + Locksmith (4) + Leadership Dice (4) - Second Attempt (1) = 15 dice.
Locksmith: 15d6t5 9
Physical Limit is 8, staged to 9 with Leadership, so he can keep all Hits.  That should do it.

Casket's Perception is: INT (3) + Perception (6) = 9 dice.
Perception: 9d6t5 2
Same as Ichante.

Chaim had 6 Hits on his Auditory Perception.

In other news, 3 minutes is going to be a long time to hold these guys back, with Spikes pretty much out of the game for the entirety.  On the other hand, I bet Casket was able to pop that lock within 6 seconds of getting to work, so Casket and Pale Horse should be set to neutralize the scientists pretty quick.  Chaim is going to stay in the main lab area, with eyes on the 4 doors while they do their breach, but he'll use Leadership on Pale Horse for whatever offensive action gwilym thinks is appropriate. 

14 dice on Leadership.
Leadership: Pale Horse boom or bang: 14d6t5 6
6 extra dice on an attack, and +1 Limit.
« Last Edit: <11-17-16/1123:12> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #438 on: <11-16-16/1411:22> »
Oh very well. IC post has been updated to reflect the fact that Chaim is not an elf.

I'll skip the roll on Achak's perception mostly because I'm lazy but also because I think Chaim's roll is good enough to cover it. If CraterShip wants a perception roll for Achak too then I'll find the strength somewhere.

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #439 on: <11-16-16/1625:27> »
OK so room entry drill is green. straight through the door soon as its open enough for me to fit. long burst gell rounds in to first dude I clap eyes on and same treatment for the next I am assuming I will totally over clock them in initiative

i'm right in thinking are we going to r- roll initiative
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #440 on: <11-16-16/2110:49> »
Ichante: Intiative: 1d6+12 15

Achak (guardian spirit): Intiative: 2d6+15 19

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #441 on: <11-16-16/2347:23> »
initiative: 7+4d6 23 spikes new initiative.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #442 on: <11-17-16/0641:12> »
Gilga, can you go ahead and roll your hide-liness with the new sleaze configuration.

Lucky for you, the IC is still rolling pretty bad for perception, 2 Hits again

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #443 on: <11-17-16/1125:51> »
@Crater, since we didn't actually get into Initiative last time, am I still down a point of Edge for Blitz?  Also, what is the distance between the opening door and the team?

Initiative: Initiative: 7+1d6 8
Blah.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #444 on: <11-17-16/2134:49> »
Keep the point of edge, not going to charge you for something like that in this form.

Opening door is about ten feet from the center of the room, so adjust accordingly depending on where you are.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #445 on: <11-18-16/1106:45> »
Opening door is about ten feet from the center of the room, so adjust accordingly depending on where you are.

Chaim will have positioned himself with LoS on the hallway, and where he could put eyes on the doors in the lab, preferably where once the door to the scientists open he isn't exposed.  I'm guessing that puts him right about in the middle.  He would rather have cover from the doors in the lab than from the hallway, so he'll be behind one of the lab tables.

Are we in Initiative order right now? 

Also, what are the plans for handling the matrix side of things?  If IC has been deployed and Spikes still has 3 minutes until she can grab the paydata that's 540 CTs, which even with way sub par rolling on the IC's part will absolutely thrash her before the time runs out, or she'll hit Host Convergence which isn't pretty.  Matrix RAW isn't really set up Hacking that takes longer than 9-12 seconds, but I like the thematics of holding off the cavalry while we get this done.  Are you planning on abstracting some of this, lengthening CTs for Spikes, where each one takes like 30 seconds, or something else entirely?  I'm asking because if we got straight RAW on this, the best we can hope for are the samples, and we need to have Spikes Jack Out, let the computer program continue to delete the data, and put her on more useful endeavors -- like Bricking locks, or elevators, and the like.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #446 on: <11-18-16/1235:30> »
I'm running it pretty thematically, not going by RAW timeframes for combat turns in the matrix. It's meant to challenge the team with matrix and real world problems simultaneously, not going digging for ridiculous amounts of IC and convergence. In game wise, it'll essentially be what you said, holding off the cavalry while she works, when one is done, we can move on from there without dragging the other along too much.

Middle of the room for Chaim would be about right, keep in mind that the shape of room means that all the doors open to direct LOS to the middle though.

As for initiative order, you're welcome to post in any order, and I'll work out the details accordingly.

Oh, and Gwilym, yes, reroll initiative. Sorry I missed the question earlier
« Last Edit: <11-18-16/1238:44> by CraterShip »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #447 on: <11-18-16/1321:41> »
Re: matrix stuff, sounds good. 

Chaim will be drawing His Savalette Guardian and preparing to shoot whatever comes out of the recently popped door.  Since he was the only one with enough Hit to perceive it, he'll also use a Free Action to notify the team: "Eight o'clock door open!" or something like that.  I'm not sure about the actual placement, or if it matters.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #448 on: <11-18-16/1419:50> »
resist matrix perception: 17d6t5 7

At the second combat turn: Spikes will shift back to attack position. (The sleaze thing was to prevent the 2nd IC form spotting her.)
initiative: 7+4d6 23

2nd data spike - spikes will target the IC that has not spotted her yet - figuring out he'll be easier to hit.
data spike: 13d6t5 4

Her initiative is: initiative: 7+4d6 23

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #449 on: <11-18-16/1630:53> »
sorry for the silence couldn't log in last night and then took the little man to the theatre and our trains were late

any how

initative initative 2: 4d6+11 26 26
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were