NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #390 on: <11-01-16/2351:12> »
Do you think it is a good idea to 'upgrade' Spikes weapon she has an AK-97 and the Alpha is clearly the better alternative... ?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #391 on: <11-02-16/1024:51> »
Do you think it is a good idea to 'upgrade' Spikes weapon she has an AK-97 and the Alpha is clearly the better alternative... ?

Down here it's a good call.  As for a permanent upgrade, tracker tags probably mean that we need to leave it as it lays, unless Spikes has a Tag Eraser with her.  Even then, it's up to GM interpretation.

Chaim will check to see what kind of ammo the Alpha's rocking, and change the Firing Mode to Burst Fire.

@Tec, for casting Physical Mask, Ichante gets 5 extra dice on Chaim's Leadership roll.
Leadership Dice: 5d6t5 3
That makes for 5 Hits total, and a Threshold of 5 to resist the illusion.
« Last Edit: <11-02-16/1026:52> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #392 on: <11-02-16/1136:14> »
@Carter are there any upgrades on the alpha (I'd like to take it for the break in if it make sense in your game world)  as it is suprior to the ak-97

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #393 on: <11-02-16/1258:13> »
It has a smart link as it always does, but the grenade launcher is removed. No extras added on, looks like company issue, it does have an RFID tag emitting it's serial number and tracking location.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #394 on: <11-02-16/1443:11> »
Lets give it up then - I think +1 DV does not worth giving up our location.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #395 on: <11-02-16/1516:02> »
Using the Alpha should be fine while we're in the basement. We'all want to ditch them on our escape.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #396 on: <11-03-16/1549:35> »
Well Spikes will leave them, as a STR 1 char she will not walk around with two assault rifles. It is just 1 DV.

« Last Edit: <11-03-16/1602:31> by gilga »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #397 on: <11-03-16/1714:50> »
A couple things before we barge in:

1) The plan is to start quiet, then go loud. Chaim goes in first in disguise and tries to get them to reboot and/or shut down their comms. Maybe he can even comm us their layout.
1a) Then we breach, so that they don't have an opportunity to radio for help.
1b) In the meantime, we should be stacking up in one of the cells near the vault door so that we stay out-of-sight while Chaim is oozing his own particular brand of charm.

2) CraterShip's call, but he implied that we might not be 100% at what position we start counting the levers. Crater, let us know if they are labeled or if one of the Perception checks allows us to determine which four are used with some regularity, which would give us a clue where to start the 2-4-8-6 sequence.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #398 on: <11-03-16/1741:02> »
I'll give it to casket, his safe cracker of old perception will realize they have raised dots on the end of the levers. Perhaps as he studies the mechanisms he also grabs one of the levers to get a feel for it, kinda le braille . For the record, the top one I'd the 9

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #399 on: <11-03-16/1751:44> »
I thought that might be the case, since you described the levers being arranged in a pattern like a clock face.

Alright, sounds like we're ready to hit it. Unless CraterShip beats me to it, I'll try to get up an IC post with Ichante casting Physical Mask on Chaim.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #400 on: <11-03-16/1815:51> »
Chaim has a Smartlink in his Contacts. Spikes should be able to observe what he sees, right?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #401 on: <11-03-16/2358:59> »
No smartlink, would you like Spikes to get marks on guns pre combat?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #402 on: <11-04-16/1140:32> »
No smartlink, would you like Spikes to get marks on guns pre combat?

I meant through Chaim's Smartlink, since Spikes is protecting his gear.  She is doing that, right?  But on a second look at the CRB, I don't think Smartlinks are output.  I think they may be input only.

As for the guard's micro-transceivers, do they have Earbuds that go along with them?  If so, we should distribute the Earbuds so that we can keep up on chatter.  Chaim will obviously not wear any of the guard's Micro-transceivers.  He doesn't want to broadcast what he's about to say.

If Physical Mask will cover Chaim's clothes, then he'll keep his Chameleon Suit on.  The guard's armor is likely also tagged, and if he can avoid having to change afterward, that'd be a good call.

@Crater, I'm not sure how you want to handle the entry.  What might work best is if I give you an initial Perception and Con test, along with my opening salvo of dialog, and you can work that into your next IC?

For Perception Chaim has: INT (4) + Perception (5) + Visual Spec (2) + Vision Enhancement (1) + Specifically Looking (3) = 15 dice.  He is specifically looking for number of potential combatants, layout, and security measures.
Perception + Specifically Looking + Visual: 15d6t5 7
Hell of a roll, but Chaim's Mental Limit is 5, staged up to 6 with the Visual Enhancement on his Contacts: 6 hits.

For Con, Chaim has: CHA (6) + Con (6) + Fast Talk Spec (2) + Tailored Pheromones (2) = 16 dice.
Con: 16d6t5 6
Social Limit is 9, so I may as well Edge to see if I can really spin a yarn here.
Edge Re-roll: 10d6t5 5
Dang ol' dice are hot this morning.  That'll Hit the Limit of 9. 

Chaim will burst through the door, flustered, and panting, his Ares Alpha at the low ready.  "We're under attack.  Communications are compromised.  Everybody, reboot your links, and hold tight.  Turn wireless functionality off.  The cavalry will be along shortly.  Don't panic now, just leave this to the professionals, and everybody will get out safely."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #403 on: <11-04-16/1652:29> »
Yup, I can work with that. I'll get it out together as soon as I can. The move may slow me down a little bit, but hopefully I'll be able to keep things moving just fine.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #404 on: <11-07-16/0806:24> »
Alright, so after 12 hours of driving and learning on the fly how to replace a destroyed serpentine belt on my car in a hotel parking lot, I'm finally at my destination! Sorry for the delay, as it has been a crazy couple of days. I'll still be without my stuff for about another week, but at least I'm done traveling. I'll try to post IC here in a minute and get things going again.